Arthurlie 19/20

1874_MTL

4 hours ago, glensmad said:

It refers to a supposed unanimous vote which suited all the clubs re proposal 4 - no such vote took place, and the attitude in the hall most certainly was not unanimous.

It refers to George Fraser of EOSL - George is the chairman of the Lowland League.

It refers to a number of clubs fearing they would be left behind and cherry picking of clubs by the WOSL, and says that the juniors proposal would not allow this to happen - the LL made it clear that it absolutely would not happen under their proposal either, but that isn't mentioned.

It states that Arthurlie's club president has been "in constant dialogue with Mr Ronney", but makes no reference to any attempt to engage in dialogue with the LL/EoSFL/SoSFL to find out if what they are being told is correct or not.

All in all the statement read to me that the Arthurlie board are only listening to one side and believing everything they are being told, instead of engaging with the people who will actually be administering the new league to check what they are being told. Had they done that then there would probably have been considerable changes to the wording and tone of the statement.

The statement also volunteered that not all west Junior clubs wish to enter the new West of Scotland League. What do such clubs do if the West Juniors insist on them moving against their wishes? Will there be a WRJFA League for the clubs which the West Region proposes to leave behind?

Indeed what would clubs such as Arthurlie, Kilbirnie, Winton, etc  do in these circumstances?

Edited by Dev

11 hours ago, glensmad said:

It refers to a supposed unanimous vote which suited all the clubs re proposal 4 - no such vote took place, and the attitude in the hall most certainly was not unanimous.

It refers to George Fraser of EOSL - George is the chairman of the Lowland League.

It refers to a number of clubs fearing they would be left behind and cherry picking of clubs by the WOSL, and says that the juniors proposal would not allow this to happen - the LL made it clear that it absolutely would not happen under their proposal either, but that isn't mentioned.

It states that Arthurlie's club president has been "in constant dialogue with Mr Ronney", but makes no reference to any attempt to engage in dialogue with the LL/EoSFL/SoSFL to find out if what they are being told is correct or not.

All in all the statement read to me that the Arthurlie board are only listening to one side and believing everything they are being told, instead of engaging with the people who will actually be administering the new league to check what they are being told. Had they done that then there would probably have been considerable changes to the wording and tone of the statement.

For me, I have no qualms of any team if they decide to stay juniors or decide to join the pyramid. What I want is that the committees of each team get all the facts and information on all sides and put them to their fans in an objective manner. I read the Arthurlie statement and didn't comment but I just shook my head in disbelief. If you are on the committee of a junior team, infact any team, then you are duty bound to do the best for your team/club with all the information/facts at your disposal but that statement it reeks of the "saving the grade attitude".  This is important times for Arthurlie and all other teams, so the right decisions have to be made.  I wish Arthurlie well in whatever way they choose

On 16/03/2020 at 21:04, Ihp said:

I would hope it would be, however probably not😕

Can I just say that Arthur McGettigan has given many years to Arthurlie FC not just in his position, various positions, he has always done what he thought was right for the club. Right or wrong I have the upmost respect for him because apart from his shirt and tie events he is down at Dunterlie Park fixing divots, doing this that the other, the things that punters don't see but moan if its not done.

All the best Arthur and after speaking to a few people today I can confirm that if not all then most of the original statement seems to be true.

No point in replying he said she said.... lets let it run its course and see where we are.

Final point, for all those having an opinion and getting angry, join the committee and you will have a say.

To everyone from anywhere keep your family close, sty safe and stay healthy.

8 hours ago, Nugent4nil said:

Can I just say that Arthur McGettigan has given many years to Arthurlie FC not just in his position, various positions, he has always done what he thought was right for the club. Right or wrong I have the upmost respect for him because apart from his shirt and tie events he is down at Dunterlie Park fixing divots, doing this that the other, the things that punters don't see but moan if its not done.

All the best Arthur and after speaking to a few people today I can confirm that if not all then most of the original statement seems to be true.

No point in replying he said she said.... lets let it run its course and see where we are.

Final point, for all those having an opinion and getting angry, join the committee and you will have a say.

Cmon Robert, the most important thing is being factually accurate. There were glaring inaccuracies within it. No cherry-picking as every team who applies will be accepted. That is the headline error. The constitution even has a rule that says any club not meeting criteria can be given time to address. Scaremongering is what will separate clubs. The LL meeting (to best of my knowledge) addressed the issues raised and no conceding of that was made in the statement.

[emoji848]
Nugent can you confirm the parts that are true please? I am intrigued to know what both the wrsjfa and LL/eos/sos representatives that were contacted said regards the statement.

8 hours ago, Nugent4nil said:

Well said Robert. Glad you have pointed this out amongst the pyramid sharks circling and splashing about.

Well said Robert. Glad you have pointed this out amongst the pyramid sharks circling and splashing about.
No one has said anything about his commitment to the arthurlie cause. Interesting that you refer to people who point out factual inaccuracies in an official statement as sharks though.

Just now, G4Mac said:
29 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

No one has said anything about his commitment to the arthurlie cause. Interesting that you refer to people who point out factual inaccuracies in an official statement as sharks though.

Is it? After someone posted the statement in the ?future? thread and you've all smelt blood and taken the opportunity to swim out and into the Arthurlie club thread to further your mission. That's what I'm referring to.

2 minutes ago, G4Mac said:
31 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

In terms of factual inaccuracies I think it was just George Fraser's league and saying there was a vote on options at the West Region meeting.

The stuff about cherrypicking and left behind we're all mentioned as clubs fears. Which might well be true due to the misinformation out there. Clubs might genuinely fear that. Problem is it doesn't represent the LL side of things who have said it won't happen.

Is it? After someone posted the statement in the ?future? thread and you've all smelt blood and taken the opportunity to swim out and into the Arthurlie club thread to further your mission. That's what I'm referring to.
Actually I asked Nugent about what he was told, I'm not overly concerned about the arthurlie statement, more interested in what he had been told and where it came from.

I haven't smelt any blood or taken an opportunity to swim anywhere. I clicked into an internet forum thread that kept popping up at the top of the junior forum.

I have no mission. I want the west in the pyramid, look back, I keep saying it. The west in is great for the pyramid. Hopefully a club like arthurlie will be part of that.

53 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Fucking hell, calm down and take a step back.

See what has actually been posted rather than what you think has been posted. Just embarrassing yourself.

4 hours ago, Junior Pub League said:

Fucking hell, calm down and take a step back.

See what has actually been posted rather than what you think has been posted. Just embarrassing yourself.

Whereas you are projecting yourself wonderfully there? I have read what has been said but there is more to a club than just this next move. You lads are just full of the ins and outs of what's going to happen.

And don't swear at me again.

4 hours ago, Junior Pub League said:

I take it Carluke are also about to willingly drink the Kool Aid.

If club officials post misinformation isn't it right that these falsehoods be corrected?

Another fine example of why very few clubs still have a page on this forum

Edited by The Ilford Drummer

My last comment on this will be this, everything through time will come out in the wash. I have seen documents, know several people who have been to every meeting etc.  I am not saying for one second that everything we have posted is 100% factual, I will say that everything we have posted to our knowledge is factual.

Bottom line as clubs we all have to make our own decisions that are best for each of us. For anyone willing to throw dirt at any club irrespective of their stance, think again or better still if you have a voice get involved with your local club and make that voice heard.