Arthurlie 19/20

1874_MTL

20 hours ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

First impression of the new management team, was impressed with their enthusiasm. Constantly coaching and trying to help the players, not afraid to criticise and praise in equal measure and general all round manor.

Geo will never lack for energy. ;)

So can someone clear up for me who the manager is and which one he was at the game on saterday ? Tbh iv not been in about the juniours that long only really since the last few games of mackie so i dont know who these guys are. [emoji838][emoji836]️[emoji838][emoji836]️

5 minutes ago, 1874_MTL said:

So can someone clear up for me who the manager is and which one he was at the game on saterday ? Tbh iv not been in about the juniours that long only really since the last few games of mackie so i dont know who these guys are. emoji838.pngemoji836.pngemoji838.pngemoji836.png

George Fotheringham is the manager. He will be the noisy one running up and down the touch-line with ants in his pants. 🤣

47 minutes ago, Mine Man said:

I would hazard a guess that any manager worth there salt will have one eye on next year and looking to strengthen. Not rocket science although I am not aware of any particular individual.

Why do I find that so very very hard to believe especially if you are who I believe you to be 😎

Heard today of a few teams wanting to enter this west of Scotland league just wondering what the thought are if Arthurlie wanted to join it ?

I think we should. What can you loose by doing it? If we ca raise funds for floodlights and while we are at it terracing improvements then we could get licensed and enter the senior Scottish cup. I have been an advocate on this for a number of years and we looked into joining the LL a number at its formation.

Fundamentally nothing would change for the club except the chance to progress if we were in a position to do so.

1 hour ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

I think we should. What can you loose by doing it? If we ca raise funds for floodlights and while we are at it terracing improvements then we could get licensed and enter the senior Scottish cup. I have been an advocate on this for a number of years and we looked into joining the LL a number at its formation.

Fundamentally nothing would change for the club except the chance to progress if we were in a position to do so.

I agree. We really need to have a serious think about it.  I sincerely hope Arthurlie aren't waiting to see how other clubs react.  I have noted  the excellent statements some clubs have issued , keeping their fanbase updated.  As per usual i won't be holding my breath waiting on something similar from Dunterlie. 

I agree. We really need to have a serious think about it.  I sincerely hope Arthurlie aren't waiting to see how other clubs react.  I have noted  the excellent statements some clubs have issued , keeping their fanbase updated.  As per usual i won't be holding my breath waiting on something similar from Dunterlie. 

Personally I don’t think the club should make a statement just now. The committee are voted in by the fans to look after the club and I know that they will be discussing this.

If other clubs want to make statements that’s there decision, personally I would keep it quiet but would be looking closely at this. Until a final decision is taken then you probably won’t hear anything.

1 hour ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

I think we should. What can you loose by doing it? If we ca raise funds for floodlights and while we are at it terracing improvements then we could get licensed

well i am sure if you can find a pocket of Fairy dust to sprinkle at Dunterlie I wanna be there to see it transformed i suggest you read Douglas Parks article in todays Sunday Mail .I would love us to be able to do up Dunterlie but i do not know where the £350K is gonna be found for starters .i have always dreamed of us having a state of the art park and facilities but i dont see it in my lifetime I hate to be a party pooper .

4 hours ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

I think we should. What can you lose by doing it?  If we can raise funds for floodlights and while we are at it terracing improvements then we could get licensed and enter the senior Scottish cup. I have been an advocate on this for a number of years and we looked into joining the LL a number at its formation.

Agree with what you say.  It makes no sense not to want to join the new set up.  Terracing improvements are needed though as I slipped and fell on the terracing behind the goal at the last game I attended. 😀

I would love an Arthurlie v Killie tie in the Scottish Cup. 

Edited by paul wright scores

Agree with what you say.  It makes no sense not to want to join the new set up.  Terracing improvements are needed though as I slipped and fell on the terracing behind the goal at the last game I attended. [emoji3]
I would love an Arthurlie v Killie tie in the Scottish Cup. 

But who would you be supporting ? [emoji23]