Arthurlie 19/20

1874_MTL

12 hours ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

To be fair, as someone who used to withhold that information, sometimes there are legitimate reasons for it. It’s a difficult balancing act because you don’t want to piss off fans but you can’t always be forthcoming.

I realise there are times when information is not made public. Things that really are for certain eyes only but this was a game of football.  We go and watch week in week out but seems as only those and such as those were told about the game. Ridiculous.

I realise there are times when information is not made public. Things that really are for certain eyes only but this was a game of football.  We go and watch week in week out but seems as only those and such as those were told about the game. Ridiculous.

Has it been confirmed who the manager is, the club statement is a bit vague and doesn’t tell us who is doing what. Pretty typical to be honest, support left guessing again.

Has it been confirmed who the manager is, the club statement is a bit vague and doesn’t tell us who is doing what. Pretty typical to be honest, support left guessing again.
I don't think the club have actually confirmed it, no, but I am very reliably informed that George Fotheringham is the manager. I know all four of the management team pretty well from their times at Glencairn.

38 minutes ago, Satori. said:

Strangely, it wasn't played 'behind closed doors', it was played in the local public park and still it wasn't announced to the fans.

I don't think the club have actually confirmed it, no, but I am very reliably informed that George Fotheringham is the manager. I know all four of the management team pretty well from their times at Glencairn.

That’s what we are all thinking but as you say, no confirmation from the club, it’s a if they have forgot about it.

I understand that but sometimes managers don’t want it public knowledge due to the players being used. I don’t know if it was the case with this but there have been numerous times where it has been the case.

1 hour ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

I understand that but sometimes managers don’t want it public knowledge due to the players being used. I don’t know if it was the case with this but there have been numerous times where it has been the case.

Or could possibly be they did not have a permit 😎😎

Thought the score didnt really reflect the game today match was pritty evan. First goal was an excellent strike by the lad although it was a clear foul in the build up. Second was unlucky og from the corner but it happens and the third was a penalty where the player is clearly on his way down due to sliding on the pitch before mushet got anywhere near him. I must say i like the way the managment team are acting at the side of the park constantly trying to drill the players into there way of playing. Im hopeing its good things to come for arthurlie and i can see the management doing a rebuild of the squad. Mon the lieeeee[emoji838][emoji836]️[emoji838][emoji836]️

Thought the score didnt really reflect the game today match was pritty evan. First goal was an excellent strike by the lad although it was a clear foul in the build up. Second was unlucky og from the corner but it happens and the third was a penalty where the player is clearly on his way down due to sliding on the pitch before mushet got anywhere near him. I must say i like the way the managment team are acting at the side of the park constantly trying to drill the players into there way of playing. Im hopeing its good things to come for arthurlie and i can see the management doing a rebuild of the squad. Mon the lieeeee[emoji838][emoji836]️[emoji838][emoji836]️

I’m hearing the rebuild wheels are well in motion.

2nd goal wasn’t an OG was a flick by McKenzie at the front post with Grant heading home at the front. Was poor marking though. I agree with you about the rest of the post and was impressed with the new management team and their work with the team. Long way to go but encouraging signs.

49 minutes ago, 1874_MTL said:

Thought the score didnt really reflect the game today match was pritty evan. First goal was an excellent strike by the lad although it was a clear foul in the build up. Second was unlucky og from the corner but it happens and the third was a penalty where the player is clearly on his way down due to sliding on the pitch before mushet got anywhere near him. I must say i like the way the managment team are acting at the side of the park constantly trying to drill the players into there way of playing. Im hopeing its good things to come for arthurlie and i can see the management doing a rebuild of the squad. Mon the lieeeeeemoji838.pngemoji836.pngemoji838.pngemoji836.png

I get ur an arthurlie fan but second goal was no og , third was a stonewall penalty and we also missed a couple of sitters and let me add all done with 10 men. Our keeper hadn’t a save to make and I thought U were fortunate it was only 3 but good luck with new Gaffer in , hope u can rebuild and kick on 

2nd goal wasn’t an OG was a flick by McKenzie at the front post with Grant heading home at the front. Was poor marking though. I agree with you about the rest of the post and was impressed with the new management team and their work with the team. Long way to go but encouraging signs.

From where i was stood it looked like it hit off big tonys head past craig my mistake

I get ur an arthurlie fan but second goal was no og , third was a stonewall penalty and we also missed a couple of sitters and let me add all done with 10 men. Our keeper hadn’t a save to make and I thought U were fortunate it was only 3 but good luck with new Gaffer in , hope u can rebuild and kick on 

As you would expect, totally disagree with you. You barely threatened us with 11 men. The superb goal by Miller stung us and for the next 10 mins we were all at sea and you had 2 great chances one that produced a good save by Craig Gordon (one his only 2 in the match) and one where Grant put it wide after rounding him. Remember before that we had a glorious chance at 0-0 when Daniel McKay went clear and took to long allowing the defender to get back. We also missed an open goal. Darvel deserved it but it wasn’t as clear as 3-0.

From where i was stood it looked like it hit off big tonys head past craig my mistake

MacKenzie got the run on Tony at the front post and headed it on and I think it was Kieran that lost Grant at the back and he was unmarked. I had just said to the boys I stand with if we can hold out to half time one nil we had a chance with the wind at our back and the one man advantage.

Kindlan’s mistake and red card are unforgivable I don’t think he knew what to do and panicked and that for me was the killer moment as it sucked the life out of us.

First impression of the new management team, was impressed with their enthusiasm. Constantly coaching and trying to help the players, not afraid to criticise and praise in equal measure and general all round manor.