Arthurlie 19/20

1874_MTL

Just wondering with dunky leaving where people would like to see strengthened ?

I think the only places we are strong are Keeper and centre mid. Wingers and strikers are good but could be improved, centre half and right back have needed improved for ages.

I think the only places we are strong are Keeper and centre mid. Wingers and strikers are good but could be improved, centre half and right back have needed improved for ages.

Can’t disagree with that. A couple of centre halves are a must and some depth upfront as we lack cover.

Can’t disagree with that. A couple of centre halves are a must and some depth upfront as we lack cover. [/
We have some cracking centre midfielders, but to be honest we have too many and wouldn’t be surprised to see one or two leave.

Iv heard they already have a few players coming into the squad this week. Be good to see how they start off who they decide to play. Also petershill are cuptied this weekend who do we play now ?

Blantyre away now, I wasn’t at the recent game with them, but I heard they were very impressive.

34 minutes ago, iaind said:

Blantyre away now, I wasn’t at the recent game with them, but I heard they were very impressive.

They were excellent. The best team I have seen this season.  Not the easiest of games to kick off our new era.  In all honesty I don't'think we have a hope of taking anything from the game.  We didn't play that badly against them , they just had too much for us in every department.  

8 hours ago, Satori. said:

Irvine Meadow have lost their manager Brian McGinty.  I wonder if that will affect Lee Roulston's move to them.  It would be great for us if it did and he decided to stay at Dunterlie.

Looks like even more turmoil at Meadow, hopefully that will put off Lee from leaving.

On 27/01/2020 at 21:02, iaind said:

Iain, I would say they are the best side we have faced this season, great pace and movement, a joy to watch..... through your fingers.

Won 4-0 seemingly. Top secret stuff though , dont tell anyone.   Usual Arthurlie. The people who pay the wages are always the last to know. 

I’ve said it before the information towards the support from the club is shocking.

I’ve said it before the information towards the support from the club is shocking.

To be fair, as someone who used to withhold that information, sometimes there are legitimate reasons for it. It’s a difficult balancing act because you don’t want to piss off fans but you can’t always be forthcoming.

To be fair, as someone who used to withhold that information, sometimes there are legitimate reasons for it. It’s a difficult balancing act because you don’t want to piss off fans but you can’t always be forthcoming.

Fair enough, I don’t think we expect the lineups or anything, but it would be nice to know who we were playing.

I was at the game today, boys played very well kept the ball on the deck some changes about the team lee seemed to be pushed more into a foward roll thought he played well there took his goal very well calm and collected in the box. Tam scored the second after a run from the right across thr box to the left and hittin a good strike back across the keeper. Other 2 were scored by jamie doc 1 very nice volly after a good bit of teamwork and i was talkin for the other so never seen the goal. New manger and team were very vocal which i liked very positive but giving critasism where it was due. The full squad was used today with a few new players. First half one team played second half the second team played with tam and craig staying on. The score was 2-0 first half 2-0 second half was a really good performance from both sets of players. Only bad thing to come out of today was that jaimie doc pulled up in the second half with 10 to go hopefully nothing too serious. [emoji838][emoji836]️[emoji838][emoji836]️[emoji838][emoji836]️

From what I heard from a friend, today was very positive. Young lads done very well against, all be it, a lower standard of team in a lower division. Glad to see young Ralston still in the side. 
Only thing missing was the manager apparently?? Bit strange considering he’s taken over a big club in the juniors. Hope this isn’t a sign of things to come

Bit strange if your new manager wasn't there at the friendly!! Only excuse could be he was away looking at other players..but stretching it!

From what I heard from a friend, today was very positive. Young lads done very well against, all be it, a lower standard of team in a lower division. Glad to see young Ralston still in the side. 
Only thing missing was the manager apparently?? Bit strange considering he’s taken over a big club in the juniors. Hope this isn’t a sign of things to come