Arthurlie 19/20

1874_MTL

You need to let your manager have a good run at it. There’s a lot of promise there and you need to let it nurture. I heard that your no 6 is Medda bound. He was good and tidy yesterday and he’ll be a good addition to our squad albeit he’ll be cuptied. Don’t be too hard on your manager.

In the same way Medda gave Ross Wilson a good run at it? Its easy to comment when it’s not your club and you only see us once or twice a season.

If what it I heard yesterday is true, your club have had a bid knocked back but have tapped the boy up so wether it happens now or for next season is the only decision to be made.

He will be a loss but he (and the other youngsters) deserve better than what we can give them just now.

2 hours ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

In the same way Medda gave Ross Wilson a good run at it? Its easy to comment when it’s not your club and you only see us once or twice a season.

If what it I heard yesterday is true, your club have had a bid knocked back but have tapped the boy up so wether it happens now or for next season is the only decision to be made.

He will be a loss but he (and the other youngsters) deserve better than what we can give them just now.

I would hope he wouldn't leave but can't blame him if he does.   Medda made a very poor offer and were told to bolt.  

Theres a few players we really cant be affording to lose i think. Its vital they do what they can to keep them and build the team around them. For me those players being craig gordan, gummy, lee, ross and tam. I would probably throw john in there aswell the rest i wouldnt really be fussed to see them go.

Theres a few players we really cant be affording to lose i think. Its vital they do what they can to keep them and build the team around them. For me those players being craig gordan, gummy, lee, ross and tam. I would probably throw john in there aswell the rest i wouldnt really be fussed to see them go.

Don’t think you realise posts like this aren’t good for the team morale at all. Non named players will feel they’re efforts are for nothing. Demoralising

8 hours ago, Beckanbaur said:

Don’t think you realise posts like this aren’t good for the team morale at all. Non named players will feel they’re efforts are for nothing. Demoralising

It's hardly flying in the face of such a previously positive thread.

12 hours ago, 1874_MTL said:

I agree with your choice of players and i would add Michael McNeill in to that mix.  

I dont really care tbh im a fan that pays to watch them i can voice my opinion. At the end of the day as weve seen the voice of the fans dont matter anyway and have you seen them recently ? What efforts? Some of the players dont care and dont want to play for the club only there earning a wage!

I dont really care tbh im a fan that pays to watch them i can voice my opinion. At the end of the day as weve seen the voice of the fans dont matter anyway and have you seen them recently ? What efforts? Some of the players dont care and dont want to play for the club only there earning a wage!

Surprised your not just blaming the ex Larkhall boys for the recent bad form its usually them that get the stick for it, Saying some of the players don’t care don’t believe that for a minute.

Surprised your not just blaming Larkhall boys for the resent bad form its usually them that get the stick for it, Saying some of the players don’t care don’t believe that for a minute.

Have you watched them ? You would see how much effort they put in. Its simply not good enough at any standard of football let alone juniors where there being payed to give 110% every week.

Have you watched them ? You would see how much effort they put in. Its simply not good enough at any standard of football let alone juniors where there being payed to give 110% every week.

Sorry u talking about the full team or the ex Larkhall boys that u seem dislike as you dodged my question, And yes am there every week bar the Whittlets game cos of work.

Sorry u talking about the full team or the ex Larkhall boys that u seem dislike as you dodged my question, And yes am there every week bar the Whittlets game cos of work.

Im talkin about majority of the players theres a maybe 7/8 in my opinion give there all every week.

1 hour ago, Satori. said:

Personally i think most of the guys give their all but some just aren't at the level required.   

I

I don’t think any player would not go out and try his best for his team,a player can only do his best and hope to improve,they’re not paid a fortune for training twice a week and playing on a Saturday plus also giving up a good bit of their own time,same goes for the managers and committee members who don’t get paid 

5 hours ago, 1874_MTL said:

I was at the Blantyre game (my first game for a couple of months) and I don't think you can say the players didn't try - Jamie Doc, for example, put in a great shift. However, unfortunately individually and as a unit they simply are not good enough to gain promotion over the course of a season.  On the day they were beaten by a much better football team - Blantyre's 2 midfielders (number 6 and (I think) their number 8) ran the game and Arthurlie just couldn't create as many good chances as Blantyre did. 

I don’t think anyone can be accused of not trying. The management and players have been trying but it’s just not been worked out for a number of reason.

It feels as if it has been stale for a while now and a change is necessary imo to reinvigorate and look forward to next season and putting together a squad that has what it takes for a promotion bid.

1 hour ago, Meadowman said:

I don’t think any player would not go out and try his best for his team,a player can only do his best and hope to improve,they’re not paid a fortune for training twice a week and playing on a Saturday plus also giving up a good bit of their own time,same goes for the managers and committee members who don’t get paid 

Managers who don't get paid?  Few and far between I would say.