Arthurlie 19/20

1874_MTL

On 29/12/2019 at 10:07, paul wright scores said:

Season over before Christmas, team going nowhere and I suppose the only consolation is that they are unlikely to get relegated. Β The team have lost 8 out of 17 league matches so far, which is a dreadful performance. Β I have heard that 'Tiger' has also left the club

This season has been an unmitigated disaster for the club and I wonder where they are going to end up, as there doesn't seem to be any plan in place to progress the club. Β 
Β 

Quick and genuine question for Glasgow Taxi, is the Arthurlie budget higher than Neilston's or Blantyre's?

Β 

Β 

Β 

I reckon there is only one team in our league with a bigger budget than Arthurlie and it's not Neilston or BlantyreΒ 

Well beaten toΒ day by a very impressive Blantyre team. Being honest i think that is the best anyone has played against us this season. If the Vics can keep that level of performance up i reckon they are in with a shout of promotion.

As for Arthurlie, we are crap, we are whipping boys. Β Dunky please just go. You are doing nothing for our team. Β Glasgowtaxi, lets hear you defend this run of form. I heard today there was a midweek vote of confidence for the manager and he has strong support onΒ the committee. Β Christ almighty. Why ? Β Β 

55 minutes ago, Satori. said:

Well beaten toΒ day by a very impressive Blantyre team. Being honest i think that is the best anyone has played against us this season. If the Vics can keep that level of performance up i reckon they are in with a shout of promotion.

As for Arthurlie, we are crap, we are whipping boys. Β Dunky please just go. You are doing nothing for our team. Β Glasgowtaxi, lets hear you defend this run of form. I heard today there was a midweek vote of confidence for the manager and he has strong support onΒ the committee. Β Christ almighty. Why ? Β Β 

lam a lanarkΒ  supp/ but I like to take differentΒ  gamesΒ  inΒ  / iΒ  was at silverburnΒ  / managed to see 2md Half / ArthurlieΒ  goalieΒ  excellent/ blantyreΒ  looked abitΒ  quickeΒ  all over park /Β 

7 minutes ago, rabbie said:

lam a lanarkΒ  supp/ but I like to take differentΒ  gamesΒ  inΒ  / iΒ  was at silverburnΒ  / managed to see 2md Half / ArthurlieΒ  goalieΒ  excellent/ blantyreΒ  looked abitΒ  quickeΒ  all over park /Β 

Our keeper has been the only light at the end of a very long tunnel mate. I dread to think where we would be ifΒ it wasn't for him. Β I agree Vics played at a pace that was far too much for us. Β 

Β 

Β 

Edited by Satori.

9 hours ago, HaroldWilson said:

I think now youΒ just leave Dunkie in post until the end of the season. No manager is going to make much difference now, players will be under contract so not much chance of a late improvement. Part company end of season and get someone in early June.

I take your point Harold but we need someone in to run the rule over these players. See who he wants to keep and plan for replacements forΒ the ones he wants to let go. We need someone in now who is able to motivate the players. The present management are unable to do that. We need someone in right now to have us moving in the right direction so that come the close season, players see we are improving and would be willing to sign for us. Β 

We have some really impressive youngsters but we will lose them if they continue to play under this regime.Β 

I must say i have been a strong supporter of our committee up until now but they are quickly alienating supporters with their failure to act on this. Β Possibly they are working in the background and are doing what you say about leaving Dunky in place until the end of the season. Β I hope theyΒ are doing something.

1 hour ago, Satori. said:

I take your point Harold but we need someone in to run the rule over these players. See who he wants to keep and plan for replacements forΒ the ones he wants to let go. We need someone in now who is able to motivate the players. The present management are unable to do that. We need someone in right now to have us moving in the right direction so that come the close season, players see we are improving and would be willing to sign for us. Β 

We have some really impressive youngsters but we will lose them if they continue to play under this regime.Β 

I must say i have been a strong supporter of our committee up until now but they are quickly alienating supporters with their failure to act on this. Β Possibly they are working in the background and are doing what you say about leaving Dunky in place until the end of the season. Β I hope theyΒ are doing something.

Satori why dnt you join committee? Hv your input Β see wat really happens behind the scenes cos from my experience it’s a real eyeopenerΒ 

and I’m sure an extra pair a hands would greatly be appreciatedΒ 

1 hour ago, combineharvester said:

Satori why dnt you join committee? Hv your input Β see wat really happens behind the scenes cos from my experience it’s a real eyeopenerΒ 

and I’m sure an extra pair a hands would greatly be appreciatedΒ 

Take your point Β but i just don't have the time to commit at the moment. Β I dare say it would be an eye opener. Β  It can't be easy, but the purpose of the job, i would think ,would be to do what is best for the club. Your own club are doing great at the moment. You only got there by making some difficult decisions and people pulling in the same direction. Β Thats all i am asking of Arthurlie. Β Am I wrong?

20 minutes ago, Satori. said:

Take your point Β but i just don't have the time to commit at the moment. Β I dare say it would be an eye opener. Β  It can't be easy, but the purpose of the job, i would think ,would be to do what is best for the club. Your own club are doing great at the moment. You only got there by making some difficult decisions and people pulling in the same direction. Β Thats all i am asking of Arthurlie. Β Am I wrong?

Maybe they feel it may be for the best giv the guy wee bit of time he started with nothing last year ... yes I agree the lie are meant to be one of big guns and results hvntΒ been great Β but over the past 10 years arthurlie hv chopped and changed manager probablyΒ most than others Β and it’s got them no whereΒ 

maybe there vision might be wait and giv this guy wee bit more time cause he hasn’t done much worst than others on probably the lies lowest budget out of other managers Β 

25 minutes ago, combineharvester said:

Maybe they feel it may be for the best giv the guy wee bit of time he started with nothing last year ... yes I agree the lie are meant to be one of big guns and results hvntΒ been great Β but over the past 10 years arthurlie hv chopped and changed manager probablyΒ most than others Β and it’s got them no whereΒ 

maybe there vision might be wait and giv this guy wee bit more time cause he hasn’t done much worst than others on probably the lies lowest budget out of other managers Β 

A couple of decent points made there mate. I suppose sometimes its easier looking in from the outside and being able to detach yourself from the situation. Β Thanks for the reply.

People seem to be pulling in the same direction , in support of the manager.

I'll take it I'll have them competitive and climbing the league in no time you should see my fifa team it's class 3-5-2 with attacking full backs it's the future I'm telling you and I wouldn't want paid either I'll do it for free so there you go there's my offer to the club, if I don't improve the team and the style of play I'll leave at the end of the season it's a win win situationΒ Β πŸ˜‰πŸ‘

12 hours ago, Kp91 said:

I'll take it I'll have them competitive and climbing the league in no time you should see my fifa team it's class 3-5-2 with attacking full backs it's the future I'm telling you and I wouldn't want paid either I'll do it for free so there you go there's my offer to the club, if I don't improve the team and the style of play I'll leave at the end of the season it's a win win situationΒ Β πŸ˜‰πŸ‘

Get your CV sent in mate. Β Then again best wait until the post is advertised or glasgowtaxi will have a hissy fit.Β :)