Arthurlie 19/20

1874_MTL

I think Arthurlie could be using the social media side of things a lot better. We have over 5000 followers on Twitter and nearly 2000 on Facebook but so far there has been nothing about what what is a huge game on Saturday. Information about this game should be sent out via Facebook or Twitter every day this week but like every game will probably be sent out on Friday night. Look into getting an instagram as well as that is what the youngsters are using.

4 hours ago, combineharvester said:

A see a lot getting mentioned about defence issue surely goalkeeper is touchy  situation ... 

dnt no Huw boy Gordon has been but digney won player of the  last year and basically doesn’t get a sniff  

cam be major influence on defenders who between the sticks 

To be blunt, Gordon is the better goalkeeper.  Digney was excellent last year and it was always going to be a difficult choice for the manager but he has called it right.  I don't think the situation is touchy at all.  I can see why Digney would be upset but Craig is doing really well.  I think if you asked our supporters who they would rather have they would agree with the manager.

I think Arthurlie could be using the social media side of things a lot better. We have over 5000 followers on Twitter and nearly 2000 on Facebook but so far there has been nothing about what what is a huge game on Saturday. Information about this game should be sent out via Facebook or Twitter every day this week but like every game will probably be sent out on Friday night. Look into getting an instagram as well as that is what the youngsters are using.

Totally agree with you on that. My work do a lot of social media posting and the difference with having someone with experience in that field is night and day.

On 26/09/2019 at 08:46, stuart87 said:

I said a few months ago that the guy who was on the committee to " take care of all social media " was a waste of a club tie. Nothing has changed. I couldn't agree more about lack of information. We now have a new official webpage and whoever runs that knows what they are doing .  Can't they pick up the rest of the social media duties?  

5 hours ago, Satori. said:

I said a few months ago that the guy who was on the committee to " take care of all social media " was a waste of a club tie. Nothing has changed. I couldn't agree more about lack of information. We now have a new official webpage and whoever runs that knows what they are doing .  Can't they pick up the rest of the social media duties?  

I've said for years there should be a board outside the ground advertising the next game.   Carlibar Road sees a lot of passing traffic yet there is nothing to indicate when the next game is on.  

3 miles away Whitecraigs RFC have such a board, which is clearly visible to passing traffic, and I am sure it means more people will watch their games.

On 27/09/2019 at 17:29, paul wright scores said:

I've said for years there should be a board outside the ground advertising the next game.   Carlibar Road sees a lot of passing traffic yet there is nothing to indicate when the next game is on.  

3 miles away Whitecraigs RFC have such a board, which is clearly visible to passing traffic, and I am sure it means more people will watch their games.

I get this, I honestly get this  but..... dafties will rip it down, cars passing wont see it, and walkers will just amble past and be oblivious to it being there.

A man who put many years of his life into backing Arthurlie mocked me for producing a Fanzine that I had wrote and published at work hence no cost to the club.

First issue I stood at the bar in the Arthurlie Club and every player paid? Donated? a pound! for an issue....

The Guru had told me paper stuff was done, in between slaughtering me for no reason. We didn't make much but for work I did if it was a one pound profit its a win aye?

Also regards the new Arthurlie website...... thanks so much for the positive feedback but I am still miles away, that said loads of updates yesterday.

Regarding the social media, re Twitter and Facebook, I have no input on either but I must remind all that these people volunteer they give up so much of their own time in way's the majority will never see. Finally in a totally non offensive way..... these wonderful people haven't the time nor the abscess to history or previews or whatever.

In all seriousness as much as I would love more,I cant fault, and cant thank the current folk doing the social media.

And for anyone who has issues.... you can easily volunteer.

40 minutes ago, Nugent4nil said:

but..... dafties will rip it down, cars passing wont see it, and walkers will just amble past and be oblivious to it being there.

While I understand what you are saying I do think this is a pretty defeatist attitude to be honest.  

The club is dying on its arse, there is so much apathy around the town about the club right now, crowds continue to fall, the standard of football appears to be getting worse, but all you see are negatives around trying something different to promote the club further.  Most people I know who go do so out of loyalty and over the last 4-5 years little expectation of success

People like you, I know will always go to see Arthurlie and know what is going on, but there are still lots of people who do not use social media such as Facebook and Twitter, like me, and never will, so you have to make the club visible to people in as many ways as possible.   

40 minutes ago, Nugent4nil said:

Also regards the new Arthurlie website...... thanks so much for the positive feedback but I am still miles away, that said loads of updates yesterday.

Regarding the social media, re Twitter and Facebook, I have no input on either but I must remind all that these people volunteer they give up so much of their own time in way's the majority will never see. Finally in a totally non offensive way..... these wonderful people haven't the time nor the abscess to history or previews or whatever.

In all seriousness as much as I would love more,I cant fault, and cant thank the current folk doing the social media.

I think it was Sotori  who commented on the website and social media, not me.  As I said above I don't use it so you can post all you like but I will never see it, so you are not getting the message to the likes of me, hence why I suggested something different. 

I get this, I honestly get this  but..... dafties will rip it down, cars passing wont see it, and walkers will just amble past and be oblivious to it being there.
A man who put many years of his life into backing Arthurlie mocked me for producing a Fanzine that I had wrote and published at work hence no cost to the club.
First issue I stood at the bar in the Arthurlie Club and every player paid? Donated? a pound! for an issue....
The Guru had told me paper stuff was done, in between slaughtering me for no reason. We didn't make much but for work I did if it was a one pound profit its a win aye?

I would love to help out. Perhaps one day I will be able to but i work every evening during the week as well as a lot of weekends. I also have a baby and stay 40 minutes from Barrhead so for me even attending games takes a lot of effort but I love watching my team. I have no issue with who does the social media side of things but there have been lots of moans about dwindling crowds so there is one suggestion to improve that if someone has the time to do it.

• 2 weeks later...

Not posted in a while but a big game this weekend. Derby day at home to neilston and with our current form i think it will be a very tough game. I think the manager is on his way out the door if he doesnt get a result thats 4 defeats on the trot now which is really not good enough. I dont think he has a plan B and struggles to get the boys playing the way he wants. I dont like the fact that when players do something wrong all he says is unlucky. Also he has one rule for some players and one rule for others. For example doc and mushet missed a game few weeks ago i belive it was beith and then the following week mushet starts and doc is on the bench. You could say mushet is a big presance on the pitch but doc has been our most prolific striker this season. Its really not good enough. Also loving the look of the new top! Mon the lieeeee [emoji838][emoji836]️[emoji838][emoji836]️[emoji838][emoji836]️[emoji838]

• 1 month later...

Thought the lads were really good today good to see them being ruthless and not stopping until the end. Tam especially for me was man of the match and an absolute menace all game. If i had one critacism it would be that big dan had a howler. thats the last few games hees been well off the pace got to get the finger out for me. Overall a very good team performance. Onto renfrew at home. This will be a tough match but hopefully being on the grass when their used to astro should benifit us. Mon the lieeeeeeeee [emoji838][emoji836]️[emoji838][emoji836]️[emoji838][emoji836]️!!!!

Canny argue with your post. I thought it was a really good first half wasn't much in it at 2-1. Thinking we come out second half; keep it tight and we can get back into it. 15 mins later it's 5-1 games a bogey. Didn't see it coming, you were ruthless and your wee centre had a fantastic match, scoring and assists.
T

Thought the lads were really good today good to see them being ruthless and not stopping until the end. Tam especially for me was man of the match and an absolute menace all game. If i had one critacism it would be that big dan had a howler. thats the last few games hees been well off the pace got to get the finger out for me. Overall a very good team performance. Onto renfrew at home. This will be a tough match but hopefully being on the grass when their used to astro should benifit us. Mon the lieeeeeeeee [emoji838][emoji836]️[emoji838][emoji836]️[emoji838][emoji836]️!!!!

Canny argue with your post. I thought it was a really good first half wasn't much in it at 2-1. Thinking we come out second half; keep it tight and we can get back into it. 15 mins later it's 5-1 games a bogey. Didn't see it coming, you were ruthless and your wee centre had a fantastic match, scoring and assists.
T

I agree there wasn’t much in it first half, then a burst of goals from Arthurlie killed it, I’ve got to say your goal was an great finish.

Our young local players were all outstanding, and can only get better.

Good result and some excellent build up play to a few of the goals.  I agree McGaughey was superb. Nice to see Div Reid hitting a bit of form too. Mushy and Tony both notching goals .  A solid performance from everyone  Lets hope we carry this form on when we play the bigger teams in the league, starting next week against Renfrew.  Good to hear the the encouragement from the management continuing for the full 90 minutes.

I must say i was never in any doubt we would win the game.  I felt Arthurlie were the better team in the 1st half. 2nd half it was no contest.  A daft mistake by Gummy gave Vics a sniff and it was a really tidy finish from the Vics striker.   Nice bunch of lads the Vics fans who took the heavy defeat well.  Good luck to them for the rest of the season.  

Just wondering has anyone noticed that when lee hasnt played or hasnt played well weve lost or draw games ? I know he is a great player but do you think he makes our team that much better ?

Irvine vics - didnt start
Petershill - worst iv ever seen him play
Craigmark - was late on but came off injured
Beith - injured
Neilston - injured
Cumbernauld - injured
Darvel - injured
Renfrew - injured

Since hes been back weve won every game ? In my personal opinion he is a diffrent class and we will be lucky to keep a hold of him for a few more seasons. The energy he brings is excellent he constantly wanting on the ball, picking it up off defenders making things happen looking for 1-2s with the strikers. His tackling is unreal dosent back out of anything and he gives everything everytime he steps onto the park. Excellent young talent !!!

4 hours ago, 1874_MTL said:

Just wondering has anyone noticed that when lee hasnt played or hasnt played well weve lost or draw games ? I know he is a great player but do you think he makes our team that much better ?

Irvine vics - didnt start
Petershill - worst iv ever seen him play
Craigmark - was late on but came off injured
Beith - injured
Neilston - injured
Cumbernauld - injured
Darvel - injured
Renfrew - injured

Since hes been back weve won every game ? In my personal opinion he is a diffrent class and we will be lucky to keep a hold of him for a few more seasons. The energy he brings is excellent he constantly wanting on the ball, picking it up off defenders making things happen looking for 1-2s with the strikers. His tackling is unreal dosent back out of anything and he gives everything everytime he steps onto the park. Excellent young talent !!!

I couldn't agree more.  Lee brings so much energy to our midfield. Very noticeable when he is missing.  He and Middleton are a very promising combination and i hope we can hold on to them.  The young lads in our team perform consistently and we need to build our team around them, gradually replacing the older players with younger boys. 

Edited by Satori.