Arthurlie 19/20

1874_MTL

Poor performance against Petershill.  We should have had enough to beat them.  To be fair we never looked like losing but never looked liked winning either.  A golden chance to win it with the penalty but it was taken poorly by McKay. Credit to the keeper for going the right way and he had a good game for Peasy.  Missing a few of our influential players but it was still a missed opportunity to take 3 points.  Petershill were well organised but we have beaten a few better teams already this season.  

Poor performance against Petershill.  We should have had enough to beat them.  To be fair we never looked like losing but never looked liked winning either.  A golden chance to win it with the penalty but it was taken poorly by McKay. Credit to the keeper for going the right way and he had a good game for Peasy.  Missing a few of our influential players but it was still a missed opportunity to take 3 points.  Petershill were well organised but we have beaten a few better teams already this season.  

Agree with most of what you said apart from we never looked like losing. Other than the penalty Peasy had the better chances. Only a couple of good saves from Craig Gordon prevented them from scoring. It was a very poor performance and yet again we played hoof the ball up the park. Peasy had a centre forward at centre back in the second half and yet we continued punting the ball forward. We created very little in the second half and not much more in the first. A draw was a fair result on the balance of play imo but we were very poor.

I know we have a lot of players out just now but the changes that were made were baffling. What we were doing wasn’t working. Why not make changes tactically. We took McKay off and brought on Slick and punted the ball at him. Why?? The only player who got pass marks were Rossco, Tam & Craig Gordon, other than that it is was embarrassing. It was like watching us last season at times. Kindlan did ok on debut as well but looked a but unfit and hopefully he can get there.

I must have had too much to drink. I honestly can't remember too many chances for Peasy. I thought their keeper had a few good saves.  I thought the boy Kindlan looked all over the place. Possibly trying too hard to impress.  Agree with you on who our top players were.  The punting of the ball is quite baffling. I was beside our dugout and the management team were screaming for them to get the ball on the deck. Totally ignored.

We are definitely a Jekyll and Hyde outfit.  Its a real pity we don't have anyone filming our games and the manager could show them the difference in our performance when we actually play as we can.  

I must have had too much to drink. I honestly can't remember too many chances for Peasy. I thought their keeper had a few good saves.  I thought the boy Kindlan looked all over the place. Possibly trying too hard to impress.  Agree with you on who our top players were.  The punting of the ball is quite baffling. I was beside our dugout and the management team were screaming for them to get the ball on the deck. Totally ignored.
 We are definitely a Jekyll and Hyde outfit.  Its a real pity we don't have anyone filming our games and the manager could show them the difference in our performance when we actually play as we can.  

Totally agree. Glad to hear the management encouraging and demanding they play the ball on the deck. If we are to go up we need to rid ourselves of our inconsistency as the better team (of which we have only played one so far) will beat us.

Any more performances like yesterday and we will be a good distance away from the promotion places.  Our last 2 games should have seen us with another 6 points. Two of the poorer teams in the league who will be nearer the relegation battle than the promotion one and we can only muster 1 point.  That smacks of " get the manager in here and find out what is going on ".     I'm away to the good ol US OF A. for the next 3 weeks. Thank f**k i'm missing the Beith game. 

Thought the first half performance yesterday was very poor missed the first goal because i was grabbing some drinks but i belive it was a long ball over the top again. Too many times were beat for pace at the back long ball beats us everytime if we miss the clearence header. I thought in the second half when we looked to get back into the game div stupidly got himself sent off by a referee who was having a complete howler. 10 mins later gummy getting himself sent off for the same thing. Let the team down i think. When the second half hit it seemed the ref was doing everything in his power to stop us from getting back into the game. Sending 2 players off giving fouls against us that should never have been and not giving us fouls. Also should have sent the number 8 off for craigmark constantly fouling all game. We definetly need to improve for next weekend otherwise we will be on the end of a severe pumping. I wonder whos going to be playing left back now with gummy and div both suspended. Also hope lee is okay thats was a real bad headknock. Onto saterday mon the lieeeeee [emoji838][emoji836]️[emoji838][emoji836]️[emoji838][emoji836]️

Didn’t make it there but after our last 4 performances (we have steadily been in decline since the shotts game) results like this have been coming. We are nowhere near good enough to go up and unless something drastically changes another year beckons in the championship. I have never been Sinclair’s biggest fan and gave him the benefit of the doubt as he didn’t have the time to build his own squad last season. But he has this season and hasn’t rectified the issues from last. We still concede sloppy goals we still look devoid of ideas when teams get physical with us and he has no idea how to change the game when things aren’t working. I’m not calling for a change (yet) but he has to improve and get the team playing better or soon it will be time up.

20 minutes ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

Didn’t make it there but after our last 4 performances (we have steadily been in decline since the shotts game) results like this have been coming. We are nowhere near good enough to go up and unless something drastically changes another year beckons in the championship. I have never been Sinclair’s biggest fan and gave him the benefit of the doubt as he didn’t have the time to build his own squad last season. But he has this season and hasn’t rectified the issues from last. We still concede sloppy goals we still look devoid of ideas when teams get physical with us and he has no idea how to change the game when things aren’t working. I’m not calling for a change (yet) but he has to improve and get the team playing better or soon it will be time up.

I agree we have had warning signals that we weren't firing properly. We have yet to face a good team, apart from Kilsyth, and the next 2 games will show if we are moving forward or not.  I am not looking for heads to roll, its too early for that, but surely  the management have to be asked the question about the direction we seem to be going in.  

I won't see our next 3 games at least .  In all honesty i think Beith will have far too much for us and going by reports and comments, so will Darvel. 

1 hour ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

I’m not calling for a change (yet) but he has to improve and get the team playing better or soon it will be time up.

I think delaying change is simply wasting even more time.  Harsh maybe, but sometimes you just have to bite the bullet.   I will be amazed if he manages to get that team promoted.   

I should be at the Darvel game as I am not able to go to Tynecastle that day, so it will be interesting to see how they compete against them. 

Edited by paul wright scores

The full back situation has stemmed back from last season and continues now with centre half’s and wingers playing there, they have brought a full back in but he wasn’t even in the bench on Saturday and the centre half’s needed improved from last year, but from what I’ve seen they haven’t.

I think delaying change is simply wasting even more time.  Harsh maybe, but sometimes you just have to bite the bullet.   I will be amazed if he manages to get that team promoted.   
I should be at the Darvel game as I am not able to go to Tynecastle that day, so it will be interesting to see how they compete against them. 

It’s a fair point and maybe giving someone new a chance just now could improve the chance of going up.

I thought that everything was saying this team was better than last years team ? From what I’m reading it doesn’t seem that way. Shame I was looking forward to a strong arthurlie making it back to top division again

The Arthurlie team last season at times played some great football and scored a good number of goals. But they also could be a soft touch and conceded a high amount of goals most of which were of a similar making. The manager signed 2 defenders in the summer both from Neilston. One has worked out but the other is out injured. We are still making those mistakes and it’s costing us. We are good enough going forward imo but we keep conceding goals. Until the defence is sorted will won’t be coming back up unfortunately.

8 hours ago, Beckanbaur said:

I thought that everything was saying this team was better than last years team ? From what I’m reading it doesn’t seem that way. Shame I was looking forward to a strong arthurlie making it back to top division again

It may still turn out to be better than last years team mate but they are not performing as we had hoped. A few rumblings about the manager not being good enough.  I'm not convinced that is the case but questions do need to be answered about why we are playing so badly.  There is no doubt we have talent in the team but we are not seeing it enough.  Even in games we have taken points this season there have been signs of how fragile we are.  

I don't think we will be good enough to go up this season, certainly not if we drop points to the teams who will be down at the bottom end of the table come May.

It may still turn out to be better than last years team mate but they are not performing as we had hoped. A few rumblings about the manager not being good enough.  I'm not convinced that is the case but questions do need to be answered about why we are playing so badly.  There is no doubt we have talent in the team but we are not seeing it enough.  Even in games we have taken points this season there have been signs of how fragile we are.  
I don't think we will be good enough to go up this season, certainly not if we drop points to the teams who will be down at the bottom end of the table come May.

Maybe it will turn out better than last seasons but we should be aiming for promotion. If we aren’t good enough to go up whose fault is that? Our fan base is dwindling (the Petershill game attendance was pitiful) and I know of many long time Arthurlie supporters (myself included who now pick and choose what games to go to) I have followed Arthurlie home and away for over 20 years and on and off for 10 years before that and I haven’t witnessed an Arthurlie team this bad or badly organised. I’m sick of watching it tbh. The club need to do something to energise the fans or we will keep on falling away. I hope I’m wrong but I haven’t seen any evidence this season (other than the Shotts game) that I am wrong.

Sorry for the rant but it’s been bugging me for a while.

I agree with your post mate but have to ask, how do the club energise the fans?  This is a genuine question.  In my opinion we have been in steady decline for years. We have picked up the odd trophy here and there but unfortunately that has only papered over the ever widening cracks.  

3 hours ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

Maybe it will turn out better than last seasons but we should be aiming for promotion. If we aren’t good enough to go up whose fault is that? Our fan base is dwindling (the Petershill game attendance was pitiful) and I know of many long time Arthurlie supporters (myself included who now pick and choose what games to go to) I have followed Arthurlie home and away for over 20 years and on and off for 10 years before that and I haven’t witnessed an Arthurlie team this bad or badly organised. I’m sick of watching it tbh. The club need to do something to energise the fans or we will keep on falling away. 

You are correct as we have discussed regularly over the last few years.  

I suspect many of those still going do so out of blind loyalty.  I know I have done the same by going to Rugby Park for over 50 years, however I used to always go to an Arthurlie game if I wasn't at the Killie match or there was no Killie match, but over the last few years have done so less and less because often the standard is poor.   Sid is more entertaining than the football at times.   With the prices we are being charged by some of the senior clubs there should be more likelihood of me going along to Dunterlie, however there is little incentive to do so. 

- The crowds are dwindling all the time and as older supporters stop going there is no one to replace them.  Many older supporters have passed away or are no longer fit to come along.

-  I wonder what are the crowds going to be like in the middle of winter?

- How many kids go nowadays?  The park was always packed with youngsters kicking a ball about at half time but now you will be lucky if there are a dozen or so there.  

As you know, none of my friends ever come along to Dunterlie any longer as there is nothing there to entice them to come along - It's more than 2 seasons since any of them were there. 

Sad days and unless something happens to encourage them the situation is only going to get worse. 

I agree with your post mate but have to ask, how do the club energise the fans?  This is a genuine question.  In my opinion we have been in steady decline for years. We have picked up the odd trophy here and there but unfortunately that has only papered over the ever widening cracks.  

Totally agree that it was papering over cracks for a long time. I and others over that time haven’t done a good enough job of keeping the fans interested. There was attempts but at the same time there was also a sense of being risk adverse. What the club needs is a boost. Get the enjoyment back by playing winning/good football. I would have games where we would take donations at the gate. I would have sponsor days to try and attract new sponsors. I would get someone to film the games (even if we had to pay) to boost the reach of the club and finally work with agencies and organisations in Barrhead to put the club at the heart of the community.