Arthurlie 19/20

1874_MTL

Arthurlie v S.B.A. .      A very difficult game against a team who have showed they can match the best in our league on their day.   Even this early in the season we need to take something from this game as we don't want to fall too far behind the front runners.  I'm not sure if Roulston is banned but if he is we will miss his energy in midfield.  Shotts have always been a team who are prepared to battle so we must match that if we are to take the points.  Get the ball on the deck and forget the stupid launching of the ball to strikers who aren't blessed with  great height.  

16 minutes ago, Satori. said:

Arthurlie v S.B.A. .      A very difficult game against a team who have showed they can match the best in our league on their day.   Even this early in the season we need to take something from this game as we don't want to fall too far behind the front runners.  I'm not sure if Roulston is banned but if he is we will miss his energy in midfield.  Shotts have always been a team who are prepared to battle so we must match that if we are to take the points.  Get the ball on the deck and forget the stupid launching of the ball to strikers who aren't blessed with  great height.  

According to SJFA site he has still two match suspensions.

http://www.scottishjuniorfa.com/sjfa/sfa.cfm?page=4208

Edited by Monalie

Cant agree more i havent seen shotts before or heard much about them but we definelty have to take points. Our playing style MUST be on the deck we are very very good when we play. Lee will be missed definetly if he is suspended but hopefully ross can step in and play a blinder he definelty has the capeability. Also saw scott was released heard he wasnt happy about the constant rotation in the team in my opinion he wont be missed always looked for the long diagonal across the pitch and that dosent suit our style. I think my team for tonight has to be

Craig

Tony
Py
Keiran
Gummy

Div
Tiger
Ross
Tam

Dan
Doc

I think hoff is still injured hopefully not for to much longer we do miss him. Hopefully a good performance mon the fukin lieeeeee[emoji838][emoji836]️[emoji838][emoji836]️[emoji838][emoji836]️!!!

Cant agree more i havent seen shotts before or heard much about them but we definelty have to take points. Our playing style MUST be on the deck we are very very good when we play. Lee will be missed definetly if he is suspended but hopefully ross can step in and play a blinder he definelty has the capeability. Also saw scott was released heard he wasnt happy about the constant rotation in the team in my opinion he wont be missed always looked for the long diagonal across the pitch and that dosent suit our style. I think my team for tonight has to be

Craig

Tony
Py
Keiran
Gummy

Div
Tiger
Ross
Tam

Dan
Doc

I think hoff is still injured hopefully not for to much longer we do miss him. Hopefully a good performance mon the fukin lieeeeee[emoji838][emoji836]️[emoji838][emoji836]️[emoji838][emoji836]️!!!

You weren’t to far away with that line up.

Thought we were outstanding and could/should of won by more. Still worried about the defense but they came through some rocky moments.

Dan & Jamie were outstanding along with Rossco and Tam. Gummy had a poor first half but was outstanding in the second.

Thought we should of had a least one penalty when the keeper assaulted Ross.

Need to keep the momentum up as we have had a very stop start to the league campaign.

Boys were outstanding last night especially in the first half. Second half took our foot off the gas a wee bit but still kept a clean sheet which is great. I genuinley cant think of a player who played bad or atleast didnt play their part in the victory. I thought in the first half thats the best football weve played all season the ball was always on the deck played to feet got down the flanks and put good crosses into the box it was great to watch. Craig had a great game in goals a rocky kick in the second half but apart from that cant fault him personally i think he should be our number 1. The defence played great neily was up and down the wing aswell as gummy who was soo casual on the ball at times it was unreal. Mushet was winning everything in the air with keiran sweeping up and loose balls and tracking the runner though they were excellent together. Every midfielder was outstanding from tam and div getting down the line taking players on and gettng crosses into the box to tiger and ross closing everything down making some great tackles and interceptions in the centre of the park then playing the ball into feet and moving on looking for the return to get us up the park. Then the strikers big dan and doc.I thought they were exceptional from winning everything in the air to holding up the ball to taking players on their foward play was magnificent. Jamie doc getting 2 great striker goals aswell unbelivable. Big Dans play for the second goal jamies first i belive was superb sent that cb to the shops numerous times before playing it to jamie. If i had one criticism of last night it would be that the subs who came on i think didnt really match the speed of the game when they came on and we cant let that happen againts better teams regardless of the score or how our performance has been. I think i have to give a special mention to div who im not usually the biggest fan of but i thought had an outstanding game last night with crosses into the box taking players on tracking back the full back he was excellent. I think that game last night goes to show how great we are when we play football and keep the ball on the ground rather than this long ball pish. Like i said it was great on the eye and i could watch the perform like that all day. If we can play like that the rest of the season then promotion i feel is definetly on the cards. Onto an away trip to st rochs at the weekend although there bottom of the league there definetly no mugs at home we struggled to play well there last season was a real dog fight of a game with the candy coming out on top but hopefully we can carry our form onto this game and put in a really good performance to come away with the 3 points. MON THE LIEEEE [emoji838][emoji836]️[emoji838][emoji836]️[emoji838][emoji836]️!!!!

A really enjoyable victory last night played in horrendous conditions at times.  I can't really add much to what has been said .  I remember last season some Lie fans slating Doc. Last night he answered them with a great display. He may have lost that burst of pace but his all round play is excellent.  I also wasn't that enthralled when we signed Dan but he has been great recently.  A bit early to make the promotion call but playing like that we have a chance.  

A really enjoyable victory last night played in horrendous conditions at times.  I can't really add much to what has been said .  I remember last season some Lie fans slating Doc. Last night he answered them with a great display. He may have lost that burst of pace but his all round play is excellent.  I also wasn't that enthralled when we signed Dan but he has been great recently.  A bit early to make the promotion call but playing like that we have a chance.  

I dont know if this was a dig at me but yes last season i had a few digs about doc not being fast and not being great in games either but everytime he has played this season he has played really well and last night he was exceptional!!

I dont know if this was a dig at me but yes last season i had a few digs about doc not being fast and not being great in games either but everytime he has played this season he has played really well and last night he was exceptional!!

I think most fans did. I certainly did, I stand by it, but what he had done this season is adapted his game away from pace and taking advantage of linking with Dan. He always worked hard and is now getting the fruits of it.

Still think we need to improve at the back if we are to challenge for the title. A few mistakes went unpunished last night and that was the area that cost us last night. Neilly is not a right back. His defensive positioning leaves a lot to be desired and Mushett (who played mostly well last night) always has a mistake in him.

16 minutes ago, 1874_MTL said:

Not a dig at all. If i was going to do that i would have named you.  You weren't the only one writing him off.  Glad to see he has changed your opinion though.  He is enjoying the way we are playing at the moment. Getting the ball into feet rather than running about like a madman chasing hopeful punts.  

Another important win for Arthurlie today and another brace for Doc. A very difficult venue to pick up points and surely the Candy will start winning soon.  To be fair they will need to, 1 point from 6 games is relegation form. Hope they turn it round soon , its a great place for a game of football. 

Cheers Satori
It's not the start we wanted but hopefully we can turn it around and if we don't it won't be for the lack of trying .
Nice talking to the Arthurlie lads before and during the game good junior people who enjoy there football .

Another important win for Arthurlie today and another brace for Doc. A very difficult venue to pick up points and surely the Candy will start winning soon.  To be fair they will need to, 1 point from 6 games is relegation form. Hope they turn it round soon , its a great place for a game of football. 

I thought it was daylight robbery that we went in at half time in front. The candy were the better team in the first half for me. Doc was well offside for the first but the second was a thing of beauty. In the second half we had loads of possession at the back but wasted it with over hit long balls. The penalty (the new handball rule is ridiculous!!) gave them a chance to put late pressure on but we did well to see out the game.

I know my fellow Arthurlie posters have raised this before but why oh why does the manager want the team to punt the ball up the park? When we got it down to play we scored a great goal. In the second half we continually just punted it forward getting nothing from it. The coaching staff just stand there accepting it. They must be able to see that when we play the ball on the deck we are a force to be reckoned with!!

All in all a good 3 points but we can do better.

I thought it was a poor performance from both teams on saterday. first half for me was pritty evan couldnt see if jamies first was offside or not from where i was stood thats the problem for games when there is no linesman. Second half we struggled with fitness in the midfield tiger needs a runner in there with him lee/ross. Kieran played well considering he was out of position. I thought craig played very well again and was unlucky with the penalty. Doc scoring 2 again definetly should be him and dan upfront they link up well. Wednesday’s game and saterdays’ game was like day and night the diffrence when we play the ball on the deck shows in those 2 games alone and dunky and tam need to realise this. Im glad we got the 3 points in the end and st rochs will definetly take points off some of the big teams at home. Mon the lieeee [emoji838][emoji836]️[emoji838][emoji836]️[emoji838][emoji836]️!!!!

23 hours ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

I thought it was daylight robbery that we went in at half time in front. The candy were the better team in the first half for me. Doc was well offside for the first but the second was a thing of beauty. In the second half we had loads of possession at the back but wasted it with over hit long balls. The penalty (the new handball rule is ridiculous!!) gave them a chance to put late pressure on but we did well to see out the game.

I know my fellow Arthurlie posters have raised this before but why oh why does the manager want the team to punt the ball up the park? When we got it down to play we scored a great goal. In the second half we continually just punted it forward getting nothing from it. The coaching staff just stand there accepting it. They must be able to see that when we play the ball on the deck we are a force to be reckoned with!!

All in all a good 3 points but we can do better.

Like you i thought we were very fortunate to be in front at half time. The Candy had a few chances to put themselves beyond us but eventually i thought we deserved the win. Im not so sure about the manager wanting them to play the long ball but i agree he should be doing more to eradicate it from our play.  

I'm glad we got that game out of the way early in the season while St. Rochs are struggling. I know they are rooted to the bottom at the moment but as pointed out they will  take points from the so called bigger teams , they just need that wee bit of luck to give them a kickstart.  

This week we cannot afford to hit the hopeful  ball up the park. I don't know how many changes Whitletts have made in personnel but last season they were a big commanding team at the back so lets get it back on the grass and play the way we know we can. 

Like you i thought we were very fortunate to be in front at half time. The Candy had a few chances to put themselves beyond us but eventually i thought we deserved the win. Im not so sure about the manager wanting them to play the long ball but i agree he should be doing more to eradicate it from our play.  
I'm glad we got that game out of the way early in the season while St. Rochs are struggling. I know they are rooted to the bottom at the moment but as pointed out they will  take points from the so called bigger teams , they just need that wee bit of luck to give them a kickstart.  
This week we cannot afford to hit the hopeful  ball up the park. I don't know how many changes Whitletts have made in personnel but last season they were a big commanding team at the back so lets get it back on the grass and play the way we know we can. 

100% we need to play to our strengths that means getting the ball down and playing our way forward. I thought after the Shotts game where we passed them off the park in horrible conditions we would settle down and play that way going forward. My reasons for me thinking the manager is happy with it is the lack of coaching the players to not do it during games, but your point is well made that it may be he just needs to do more to stop it.

Whittlets on Saturday will be another test for us and we need to be at our best. They turned us over at Dunterlie last season and although we got our revenges at Dam Park it still feels like owe them one. Hopefully a good game.

• 2 weeks later...

Cambuslang Rangers 0 v 2  Arthurlie.   A good win to keep our run going.   Well deserved in my opinion.  Woodwork and a good keeper kept the score respectable.  Lang had the odd chance but our defence and Gordon in goal  coped well.  Any chance the home team had of scraping a point from the game went when their number 7 stupidly got himself sent off. I felt he was lucky not to get a 2nd for getting in the face of the assistant ref who had alerted the referee to his offence. I don't see what his complaint was,  she got it spot on.  

Another win without hitting top form.  We defended well, scrapped for everything in midfield and looked dangerous up front.  McGaughey continues to impress but looked intent on getting himself booked with his constant niggly fouls and moaning about everything that went against him.  We have done really well this season so far with our discipline so, Tam, let your feet do the talking son, you have the ability , everyone can see that.  Roll on the next game.

I thought we done enough to win the game on saterday wasnt our best performance but we got the 3 points. I thought the midfield for the first 15/20 were missing. The defence wernt really troubled the whole game. I thought craig had a couple of decent saves but it was all he had to do. Good to keep outlr win streak running. Hopefully the rain dosent stick around or i can see the game being off this weekend. MON THE LIEEEEE [emoji838][emoji836]️[emoji838][emoji836]️[emoji838][emoji836]️!!!