Arthurlie 19/20

1874_MTL

what bout one were neil was through on your keeper and mushet pulled him back before trying to lob him , the ref saw it and let it go , i think cos our man got shot away he played on ? makes u question if u get punished for actually playing on and being honest ?

yes would agree that marks coming on changed game , gave us problems when he came on .

gonna be some amount of crazy pens this season like your 1st one , but as u say thats the rules now [emoji849]

what bout one were neil was through on your keeper and mushet pulled him back before trying to lob him , the ref saw it and let it go , i think cos our man got shot away he played on ? makes u question if u get punished for actually playing on and being honest ?
yes would agree that marks coming on changed game , gave us problems when he came on .
gonna be some amount of crazy pens this season like your 1st one , but as u say thats the rules now [emoji849]

As I said I was at the other end of the ground and never saw it at the time. Many of our fans who did see it said it was a penalty so we obviously got away with one. I thought the ref got most things right (other than your first penalty claim).

We worked hard to get back in the game after conceding the 2 quick goals but we need to improve at the back. It cost us last season and so far this season it looks the same. We can’t rely on outscoring opponents each week.

Onwards to Irvine Vics on Wednesday.

As I said I was at the other end of the ground and never saw it at the time. Many of our fans who did see it said it was a penalty so we obviously got away with one. I thought the ref got most things right (other than your first penalty claim).

We worked hard to get back in the game after conceding the 2 quick goals but we need to improve at the back. It cost us last season and so far this season it looks the same. We can’t rely on outscoring opponents each week.

Winning when not at your best can’t be a bad thing.I still think Kilsyth have a chance this year but the away form will need to improve.Also think Shotts will be surprise contender as well.Going to be another cracking league this year.

Winning when not at your best can’t be a bad thing.I still think Kilsyth have a chance this year but the away form will need to improve.Also think Shotts will be surprise contender as well.Going to be another cracking league this year.

Totally agree and that’s why 3 points were huge to start the season. Kilsyth were the only team we took nothing off of last season so to get one over a team I expect to be challenging for promotion I am delighted.

sorry , u did say that u were at other end when that incident took place , could have changed outlook of match , i"m not even sure if he'd have given pen that he would have sent mushet off ? god knows with all rule changes [emoji1787]
Early days for both teams , hopefully we'l both be at the buisness end come may
good luck for rest of the season [emoji106]

sorry , u did say that u were at other end when that incident took place , could have changed outlook of match , i"m not even sure if he'd have given pen that he would have sent mushet off ? god knows with all rule changes [emoji1787]
Early days for both teams , hopefully we'l both be at the buisness end come may
good luck for rest of the season [emoji106]

I think he would have to have sent off Mushett as he wouldn’t have been trying to play the ball as the double punishment only comes in if you are making a genuine attempt to play the ball. As you say it changes the context of the game as it could be 1-1 with us down to 10 and to rub salt in the wounds we go straight up the park and get a second.

Same to yourself. Looking forward to the rematch at Duncansfield.

1 hour ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

I see we have added Paul O’Donnell to the squad. He plays right back so I would presume one of Etherston or Reynolds are on their way out or maybe Hall?

I don't know anything about O'Donnell. I take it he is an upgrade on the other 3 mentioned.  I think you are correct though someone wil go. I reckon we now have a 23 man squad.  

I don't know anything about O'Donnell. I take it he is an upgrade on the other 3 mentioned.  I think you are correct though someone wil go. I reckon we now have a 23 man squad.  

Apparently ex Hamilton youth but don’t know much more of where he has been recently. He apparently was best player on the park at Craigroyston. He didn’t get much of a look in during the other preseason games.

I would hope he is an upgrade as it wouldn’t make much sense otherwise. Currently we have 8 defenders

O’Donnell
Etherston
Reynolds
Mushett
Young
McDade
Bradley
Nicol

That’s not going to last. Personally I can see 2 of them going over the next couple of weeks.

Absolute shite like watching billy’s team all over again. Couldnt string 3 passes together. I dont think anyone evan played half decent. Goalkeeper was poor with distribution and decision making. Defence were too slow ball over the top was there only plan and it worked. Defence should have sat deeper so the ball over the top was collected by the keeper. Midfield were bullied the full game didnt pass the ball about as they can looking for the long ball all night. The strikers were missing didnt win a high ball touch was terrible decision making was poor. The one time we kept the ball on the deck and made a couple of passes we got the goal. I thought we had a bit of depth in our squad now but it shows when starters are missing the football goes out the window and we dont know how to play. Definetly needs some improvement over the last couple of games atleast against kilsyth we got the points but just goes to show if we play poor we can be punished by a weaker side.

Gonna have to disagree with your assessment of last night's game 1874_MTL. I understand you are disappointed with the defeat but that was probably because your own pre match expectations weren't met given you took 6 points off us last season.
We are not the long ball team you describe and that certainly wasn't the case last night. In fact I would say that was the only weapon you guys had in your armoury and our centre halves mopped up everything.
RE your goal the player who cutback the cross was at least two yards offside and the linesman at our side was well off the play.
Also disappointed at the attitude that you only lost because you were poor against a weaker team.
I thought it was a good game between two well matched teams. We are rebuilding again this season but there is a strength and determination about this squad which was maybe lacking in the early part of last season.
It's early days for all the teams but what is quite clear is that there are no easy games in this league. Underestimate the opposition at your peril.
All the best for the rest of the season [emoji6]
T

Gonna have to disagree with your assessment of last night's game 1874_MTL. I understand you are disappointed with the defeat but that was probably because your own pre match expectations weren't met given you took 6 points off us last season.

We are not the long ball team you describe and that certainly wasn't the case last night. In fact I would say that was the only weapon you guys had in your armoury and our centre halves mopped up everything.

RE your goal the player who cutback the cross was at least two yards offside and the linesman at our side was well off the play.

Also disappointed at the attitude that you only lost because you were poor against a weaker team.

I thought it was a good game between two well matched teams. We are rebuilding again this season but there is a strength and determination about this squad which was maybe lacking in the early part of last season.

It's early days for all the teams but what is quite clear is that there are no easy games in this league. Underestimate the opposition at your peril.

All the best for the rest of the season [emoji6]

T

I have to disagree with you completly i have been to every game weve played this season and that is by far the worst we have played. The team that was playing also had atleast 5 of our starting team missing witch as i said played a majour part in our playing style. We did play the long ball game last night but that has not been our style from all of our previous games. It was so frustrating to watch considering how good we can be. As for my expectations before the game i thought we would have a good chance of winning but im not nieve enough to think it would have been a hammering because of results last season obviously all teams strengthen throught the close season so i didnt know what to expect. I dont understand how you think yous didnt play the long ball all night thats exactly what happened from the first whistle and thats how you got both your goals. Iv said from the start this is probably the toughest leauge so definetly no easy games. I seen the game was being recorded i will watch the highlights and re assess the game but i think my opinion was very accurate.

19 minutes ago, tombo said:

All the best for the rest of the season emoji6.png
T

Agree with your assessment mate.  Vics were prepared to fight for the points and deserved the win.  You are spot on about our expectations.   We had a good preseason and played decent in the league cup and that possibly gave us a feeling we were on the right track.  We weren't great against Kilsyth but got the points. Last night we were shocking but shouldn't take away from the Vics performance.  Good luck to the Vics for the rest of your season too. 

I have to disagree with you completly i have been to every game weve played this season and that is by far the worst we have played. The team that was playing also had atleast 5 of our starting team missing witch as i said played a majour part in our playing style. We did play the long ball game last night but that has not been our style from all of our previous games. It was so frustrating to watch considering how good we can be. As for my expectations before the game i thought we would have a good chance of winning but im not nieve enough to think it would have been a hammering because of results last season obviously all teams strengthen throught the close season so i didnt know what to expect. I dont understand how you think yous didnt play the long ball all night thats exactly what happened from the first whistle and thats how you got both your goals. Iv said from the start this is probably the toughest leauge so definetly no easy games. I seen the game was being recorded i will watch the highlights and re assess the game but i think my opinion was very accurate.
It's all about opinions, so as much as I still disagree am not going to fall out with you over it . I will always try to be objective on here win lose or draw.
You guys brought a wee crowd last night which is appreciated and the boys who were next to us were first class. It was a good competitive match that I felt we shaded. There's definitely a couple of your players that I would have in our team.
Anyway all the best
T

That was abysmal against Renfrew last night.  I noted my fellow Arthurlie fan accusing Irvine Vics of using the long ball too much.   What did he think of our performance last night?   We just kept launching it long and i don't think we won a ball in the air the whole of the 1st half.   Renfrew must have thought Christmas had come early . We played in to their hands and they must have been over the moon to be 3 nil up without having to try too hard.  2nd half we should have scored a good few goals but misfiring strikers, some bad luck and some excellent goalkeeping kept us from winning the game.  We had Renfrew pinned back as we dominated the 2nd period but we cannot afford to give ANY team a 3 goal start.  Very poor handling of the game by the officials, especially the shed side assistant . Some very strange decisons, the one where he chopped off a good Arthurlie goal was shocking.  The ref and the other linesman conspired to get the wrong man sent off for Renfrew.  No complaints about Roulston's sending off.  

Good luck to the Frew in the next round.  Some very good players who were nice to watch at times.

Yes definetly we have been using the long ball in the past few games and must get it out our system. We dont have the height up the park to be able to win the high balls. The first half is the worst iv seen us play this season no one looked intrested the midfield were missing defence had to stop the low crosses that led to 2 of the goals. I belive frew number 9 it was who was a real handfull any defender getting to close he turned them with no problem at all. There third was an unlucky deflection but could have shut the shot down alot quicker. In the second half we played much better created alot more chances and could have easily won the game if it wasnt for some excellent saves by there goalkeeper. The offside givin for the goal i belive was for lees squared ball to whoever tapped it in i cant remember, i think it was a foward pass. As for lees sending off what was he thinking he needs to remain calm. I think we really missed a few players also i know hoff is injured but he makes a real diffrence in deliveries and taking players on . Also wee tam with his pace and power would have givin the frew defenders a hard time. I think our cb defensive pairings have to be either mushet with tony or mcdade, or py with tony or mcdade watching py and mushet at vics the 2 of them are the same type of defender wanting to go and win balls in the air from a sweeper position. Watching tony and mcdade theyre not vocal or demanding enough to play together we need a real winner of the ball in the air at the back. I wouldnt mind seeing py and mcdade considering they have played together elsewhere. The amount of offsides for our team lately have been rediculous or fowards have to keep an eye on there defensive line and stop running so early. Onto blantyre vics on sat where im hopeing we can play some good football on the deck and get a good result. Mon the lieeeeee[emoji838][emoji836]️[emoji838][emoji836]️[emoji838][emoji836]️