Arthurlie 19/20

1874_MTL

Thought the lads played very well tonight. Excellent pass from lee with great finish from tam for the second. The 2 goals for pollock came from a player not tracking back. Overall played some decent football and thought we were the better side. I thought the new lads played well. Hope to see us get to winning ways on saterday. Mon the lieeeee [emoji838][emoji836]️[emoji838][emoji836]️[emoji838][emoji836]️

How’s the team shaping up this year? Not managed down to any friendlys

Looking stronger than last season for sure if i had to be picky id say we needed another wide man but theres a player cammy currently injured i belive he can play wide and is decent. Looked very good against craigmark young lee ran the show from midfield. Against maryhill lastnight we looked okay wouldnt take or chances in the fist half could have easily been 4/5-0 at halftime and for some reason all game we kept playing the ball long. Has a few options at cb now brining in i belive neilstons pairing who look very good and demanding possibly a formation change could be on the cards going to 3 at the back. Overall i think we can do well this season and dont see why we shouldnt be challegeing for promotion.

We competed well against a very good St.Mirren u20s, held our own against Pollok,  skelped a really poor Craigroyston and eventually took our chances against Maryhill to win quite easily.  

I reckon Dunky will be happy with what he has seen so far.  As a supporter i'm neither up or down about the performances but do concede we look as if we have improved .   

How much we have improved is up for debate.  McGaughey looks a talent,  Urquart is going to do well.  Without being disrespectful none of the other signings are stand outs .  I believe Cammy O'Neill is coming back from a bad injury so hopefully the lad is able to get back to full fitness and become a big player for us.  

One thing i do not want to see is young Gummy being played out of position to make room for a less talented player.  This young lad was arguably our best player last season and was a great attacking option for us down the left and has a great delivery into the box.  He was also cool defensively, covering constantly for more experienced teammates.  

Looking forward to the start of our league campaign. 

One thing i do not want to see is young Gummy being played out of position to make room for a less talented player.  This young lad was arguably our best player last season and was a great attacking option for us down the left and has a great delivery into the box.  He was also cool defensively, covering constantly for more experienced teammates.  
Looking forward to the start of our league campaign. 

Great point. Last season we started moving the boy about to allow for a player returning from a 6 month ban and he certainly isn’t as good a Gummy. I hope Sinky has learned from his mistakes of last season that he can’t trust players just because he had them at previous clubs. Will reserve judgement until after the first few league games.

29 minutes ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

I hope Sinky has learned from his mistakes of last season that he can’t trust players just because he had them at previous clubs. Will reserve judgement until after the first few league games.

What he does with Mushet will prove/disprove whether or not he has learned. 

22 hours ago, 1874_MTL said:

Looking stronger than last season for sure if i had to be picky id say we needed another wide man but theres a player cammy currently injured i belive he can play wide and is decent. Looked very good against craigmark young lee ran the show from midfield. Against maryhill lastnight we looked okay wouldnt take or chances in the fist half could have easily been 4/5-0 at halftime and for some reason all game we kept playing the ball long. Has a few options at cb now brining in i belive neilstons pairing who look very good and demanding possibly a formation change could be on the cards going to 3 at the back. Overall i think we can do well this season and dont see why we shouldnt be challegeing for promotion.

The neilston boys were all released ... towards end of season weren’t getting game time  so we’re basically back up at us in end up 

wat a will say if Paul Young is fit and in frame of mind he’s up there with best centre half’s in league but can bee loose cannon 

2 hours ago, combineharvester said:

The neilston boys were all released ... towards end of season weren’t getting game time  so we’re basically back up at us in end up 

wat a will say if Paul Young is fit and in frame of mind he’s up there with best centre half’s in league but can bee loose cannon 

That's the problem for me.  We used to cherry pick Neilston's best players and now we are content to take their cast offs .   If they aren't good enough for the Farmers Boys, why does Dunky think they will improve us?   

I agree with gummy should be our left back plays excellent football keeps the ball on the ground i thought he was excellent last season until he had his injury then looked a bit off his game after that. I was talking to cammy before the pollok game he has a shoulder injury and was expecting to be back within a couple of weeks so hopefully soon id like to see him and gummy on that left side. I think with the neilston lads the cb’s have been very good when they have played and patterson is just trying too hard at the moment but once he settles in he could be a real work horse upfront. One thing is for sure were not short of options this season. Id like to hear your opinons on our new gk i think hees very vocal and looks a real talent. I think he will definetly be challenging for the number 1 jersey.

I agree with gummy should be our left back plays excellent football keeps the ball on the ground i thought he was excellent last season until he had his injury then looked a bit off his game after that. I was talking to cammy before the pollok game he has a shoulder injury and was expecting to be back within a couple of weeks so hopefully soon id like to see him and gummy on that left side. I think with the neilston lads the cb’s have been very good when they have played and patterson is just trying too hard at the moment but once he settles in he could be a real work horse upfront. One thing is for sure were not short of options this season. Id like to hear your opinons on our new gk i think hees very vocal and looks a real talent. I think he will definetly be challenging for the number 1 jersey.

I agree with almost everything you said above. I like brining a goalkeeper in to push your number 1 but the hard bit is when you decide who is your number one and keeping the other one happy. That’s what happened when Mikey White came in and took over from Paddy who had been exceptional the year before but Mikey took his opportunity and it was hard for Paddy to get back in. With no reserve team it become very hard to get the 2nd choice game time.

As I said before I will judge the team when the real work starts in the league.

Promotion is a must this season!!

On ‎24‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 12:59, Satori. said:

That's the problem for me.  We used to cherry pick Neilston's best players and now we are content to take their cast offs .   If they aren't good enough for the Farmers Boys, why does Dunky think they will improve us?   

Yes, long gone are the days when Neilston were our feeder club !

Another good performance from Arthurlie yesterday.  They blew away a totally disjointed Johnstone Burgh outfit.  We played some exciting stuff and i thought Gummy and Josh were absolute standouts. Every player worked their socks off and were still full of running at the 90 minute mark.  We will undoubtably come across much better teams than Burgh but i liked our attitude yesterday.  No daft predictions from me but i must admit to a sense of optimism for the coming season. 

From a great performance on saterday to a poor but well ground out performance tonight. Alot of changes from the team that played on saterday made alot of diffrence. I think a few players tonight showed wether they should be in the starting team or not. I really wish we had other options wide i think the rough game put a few boys off they didnt really want to know. Dunky must be getting close to knowing his strongest team but he has alot of bodies to try and keep happy. Bens on wed to see who finishes top should be a great game looking foward to it. Mon the lieeeee [emoji838][emoji836]️[emoji838][emoji836]️!!

12 hours ago, 1874_MTL said:

From a great performance on saterday to a poor but well ground out performance tonight. Alot of changes from the team that played on saterday made alot of diffrence. I think a few players tonight showed wether they should be in the starting team or not. I really wish we had other options wide i think the rough game put a few boys off they didnt really want to know. Dunky must be getting close to knowing his strongest team but he has alot of bodies to try and keep happy. Bens on wed to see who finishes top should be a great game looking foward to it. Mon the lieeeee emoji838.pngemoji836.pngemoji838.pngemoji836.png️!!

It wasn't our strongest team but we fought well and beat a good Neilston team.  If any player in our team can't handle a rough game they shouldn't be in there.  I thought it was a decent game and we deserved the win.  The Bens are a step up again and we will need to be at our best to get a win.  

It wasn't our strongest team but we fought well and beat a good Neilston team.  If any player in our team can't handle a rough game they shouldn't be in there.  I thought it was a decent game and we deserved the win.  The Bens are a step up again and we will need to be at our best to get a win.  

A wins a win but some players showed the need to step up a level. Was impressed with Hall at RB who was more attaching than either of the other 2 have been so far. I thought young Rosco was excellent in the midfield and was MOM for me and Tam up from continued to impress as did Kieran McDade.

Bens is a step up again but hopefully a positive result gives us momentum going in this season.

49 minutes ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

A wins a win but some players showed the need to step up a level. Was impressed with Hall at RB who was more attaching than either of the other 2 have been so far. I thought young Rosco was excellent in the midfield and was MOM for me and Tam up from continued to impress as did Kieran McDade.

Bens is a step up again but hopefully a positive result gives us momentum going in this season.

I agree about Ross. He is going to be a big player for us i reckon.  I still don't think Dunky has settled on his strongest team yet, which is what these games are about. Looking forward to Wednesday.

Completly agree stuart has been excellent at RB does alot of shouting aswell. Young ross really stepped up a level last night i think. Tam was really good last night aswell think he only has 60/70 mins in the tank and starts to slow down and kieran was superb again.

Just wondering what your opinions are on our best line up so far ? I think craig needs to be givin a 90mins in a bigger game to see how good he really is when tested. Apart from that i would go with:

RB - Hall
CB - Mushet
CB - Mcdade
LB - Gummy
RM - Josh
CM - Lee
CM - Tiger
LM - Div (need more options)
ST - Dan
ST - Tam

Thats just my opinion i think the cm is hard but if you watch tiger/ross tiger has to do alot more work making him alot more tired quickly ross/lee the two of them get foward too much and leave a gap between them and the defence which good teams will exploit. Tiger/lee seems like the best fit lee does alot of getting up and down the park picking the ball up off defence and controlling the game getting foward to back up the strikers he has a great engine. tiger can sit infront of the defence and break up play make those last ditch takles before they get to the defence. We definetly need another wide player or two our wide players can be frustrating to watch at times knowing they have the ability to go by players and not using it. All in all i think the team is looking strong so far lets keep it going all season hopefully win the leauge or atleast get promotion.

To be fair i haven't seen enough of all the players to make a decision on our best line up.  Gummy is a shoe in for me but Nicol is a good player also ,could he be utilised in another position?  How about CB ?  Im just not confident with Liam in there although the recent games he has been quite solid. When i look at the team you have listed its more about who isn't in it that shows me we have improved . I would like to see a bit more height up front as we have players who can stick in pin point crosses.

We seem to have players on the bench who can come on and make an impact. Urquart for me is an exceptional young player. I wouldn't be surprised if he started v Kilsyth.   Doc and Slick can both win a game for you. We relied heavily on these 2 players last season , that shouldn't be the case this season.  I'd hate to be a tired defender and those two coming on fresh.  

It will be interesting to see Dunky's starting 11 against Kilsyth.