Friendlywatch 17/06/19

Nice wee win for Cumbernauld tonight at Harthill fell behind twice- victims of " pre season " defending  - which I'm sure will improve  given time and bonding .Goals from Callendar ,Hall and 2 from Cunningham in reply to the Harthill efforts ..onwards and upwards  with a game against our most welcome "lodgers " on Saturday.......

Good to see you guys getting on your feet , all the best for season ahead 
Cheers mucker,I see the the lovely comments coming in for you guys,you will do alright this season,Mick knows what he is doing
Good luck and all the best

10 hours ago, blue manalishi said:

Cambuslang 5-1 Maryhill

One of the trialists (Hendry) scored a couple of them.

Yeh seen that mate but was wondering how they performed and looked as a team if anyone took the game in?

I took in Arthurlie v Pollok last night (2-2), and I thought Arthurlie looked a much-improved team from last season on that showing. I know it's hard to tell from a pre-season friendly, but I had expected Pollok to win comfortably. McLeay had some cracking saves for Arthurlie, to be fair, otherwise Pollok would have won the game, but a goalie is as much a part of the team as the outfield players.

Good luck to Ryan McGregor who looks as if he'll be out for quite some time with what looked like a really bad knee injury. Looks like his studs got caught in the turf as he turned or something like that.

Edited by glensmad

34 minutes ago, AM-1 said:

Yeh seen that mate but was wondering how they performed and looked as a team if anyone took the game in?

Cambuslang played well & looked keen to keep the ball on the deck. Quite a few trialists in the squad last night. Good to see Hal Bolme back at Somervell & he got on the score sheet again after scoring the winner at Fauldhouse last Saturday. 

6 minutes ago, blue manalishi said:

Cambuslang played well & looked keen to keep the ball on the deck. Quite a few trialists in the squad last night. Good to see Hal Bolme back at Somervell & he got on the score sheet again after scoring the winner at Fauldhouse last Saturday. 

That's good to hear mate. I usually get down to as many games as i can so looking forward to the season ahead and hopefully they can hold their own. Any players from last season kept on? 

30 minutes ago, AM-1 said:

That's good to hear mate. I usually get down to as many games as i can so looking forward to the season ahead and hopefully they can hold their own. Any players from last season kept on? 

There were a few who came in at the end of last season playing last night.

Lang online who posts on P&B would be of more help to you I reckon.

15 hours ago, pheasant plucker said:

Wouldn’t think the couple £ variation in admission prices would deter anyone who had a notion of attending a game

No, but it's the difference between finding a cash machine on the way there and getting away with whatever shrapnel is in my pocket.

Good game last night between Arthurlie and Pollok, a lot more closely contested than I was expecting - especially after Lok hammered Petershill at the weekend.

I took in Arthurlie v Pollok last night (2-2), and I thought Arthurlie looked a much-improved team from last season on that showing. I know it's hard to tell from a pre-season friendly, but I had expected Pollok to win comfortably. McLeay had some cracking saves for Arthurlie, to be fair, otherwise Pollok would have won the game, but a goalie is as much a part of the team as the outfield players.
Good luck to Ryan McGregor who looks as if he'll be out for quite some time with what looked like a really bad knee injury. Looks like his studs got caught in the turf as he turned or something like that.

Heard this about ryan mcgregor too glensmad and know him personally, hes a top top lad and he will come back stronger than before, he is as fit as they come, also the management at Ashfield fc send there best wishes to him

Heard this about ryan mcgregor too glensmad and know him personally, hes a top top lad and he will come back stronger than before, he is as fit as they come, also the management at Ashfield fc send there best wishes to him

He’s away on his holiday to Portugal today on crutches. Not sure how severe the injury is

Digney was in goal for Arthurlie last night. Agree with what you said about the game.