The c*nted Thread

Surely it's a simple case of pre-planning? If you're sensible enough to be a responsible drinker then surely you're sensible enough to buy it at the time it’s available.

[emoji29]sadly no. I used to try that, but more on a Friday to see me through Saturday as well, usually had it all finished on a Friday [emoji27]

Hence my current status of recovery and living in a “sober home”

4 minutes ago, Raidernation said:

emoji29.pngsadly no. I used to try that, but more on a Friday to see me through Saturday as well, usually had it all finished on a Friday emoji27.png

Hence my current status of recovery and living in a “sober home”

Ah, but you clearly weren't a 'sensible or responsible' drinker so you don't fall into that category. 

Eta: Maybe you meant to quote the rest of my post? You'd have a valid point then. 

Edited by Dee Man

It doesn’t though. I think it stops people from carrying on when they shouldn’t but aren’t in the mind frame to know what’s best for them. I’ve been frustrated by the licensing laws myself but I can also appreciate why they were brought in and that they will be a good thing for some people. The “folk desperate to will manage” is a weak argument imo.
There was a bar behind the Bon Accord Centre that opened I believe 6am-8pm. Was in there once for a beer before the train down to A Fife Derby and it was hoaching of folk off the ferry from Shetland.

43 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:
On 17/07/2019 at 22:17, NJ2 said:

It doesn’t though. I think it stops people from carrying on when they shouldn’t but aren’t in the mind frame to know what’s best for them. I’ve been frustrated by the licensing laws myself but I can also appreciate why they were brought in and that they will be a good thing for some people. The “folk desperate to will manage” is a weak argument imo.

There was a bar behind the Bon Accord Centre that opened I believe 6am-8pm. Was in there once for a beer before the train down to A Fife Derby and it was hoaching of folk off the ferry from Shetland.

Balaclava Bar?

Never been brave enough to venture inside

On 18/07/2019 at 12:55, Moomintroll said:

It is, the legal definition of alcohol is anything at 0.5% abv or over, anything between 0.05% and 0.5% is classed as low alcohol & is also not covered by the legislation. It is good practice to operate Challenge 25 around the sales of such products but it is not a legal requirement (as indeed Challenge 25 is not), but to refuse the sale based on their incorrect knowledge of the law is a nonsense although they would then have a get out clause by invoking Scottish Contract Law if they were a particular smartarse. All in all though, it is a perfect example of how to deliver a negative customer satisfaction experience.

Business/corporate speak nonsense thread for that sort of chat...

On 18/07/2019 at 12:55, Moomintroll said:

It is, the legal definition of alcohol is anything at 0.5% abv or over, anything between 0.05% and 0.5% is classed as low alcohol & is also not covered by the legislation. It is good practice to operate Challenge 25 around the sales of such products but it is not a legal requirement (as indeed Challenge 25 is not), but to refuse the sale based on their incorrect knowledge of the law is a nonsense although they would then have a get out clause by invoking Scottish Contract Law if they were a particular smartarse. All in all though, it is a perfect example of how to deliver a negative customer satisfaction experience.

Also supermarkets tend to have a refusal to scan alcohol outwith licensing hours built-in to the tills.

Edited by Miguel Sanchez

The 10 pm curfew should remain & to be quite honest, I would like to see that brought in down here as well .

f**k off. One of the benefits of going to gigs in England is post-gig cans. I’m sure people think similar after football matches etc(though there is a small window at the moment with matches finishes approx 9.30).

I understand the the thinking of avoiding people spilling out of clubs and buying more drink but no clubs shut at that time. Midnight at a minimum, probably best 12:30 or 1(in line with pubs). 10am has never bothered me but I can see why it would affect some. As always any sort of curfew is only brought in as they can’t be fucked enforcing the more important laws like not selling alcohol to someone who is drunk.

Some thought on distribution of licences would also help, just as offering a late licence to a village pub would be odd and unacceptable in most cases so should late night off-sales be restricted in areas around clubs etc.

Guest Moomintroll
17 hours ago, parsforlife said:

f**k off. One of the benefits of going to gigs in England is post-gig cans. I’m sure people think similar after football matches etc(though there is a small window at the moment with matches finishes approx 9.30).

I understand the the thinking of avoiding people spilling out of clubs and buying more drink but no clubs shut at that time. Midnight at a minimum, probably best 12:30 or 1(in line with pubs). 10am has never bothered me but I can see why it would affect some. As always any sort of curfew is only brought in as they can’t be fucked enforcing the more important laws like not selling alcohol to someone who is drunk.

Some thought on distribution of licences would also help, just as offering a late licence to a village pub would be odd and unacceptable in most cases so should late night off-sales be restricted in areas around clubs etc.

That's a bloody good point, Midnight it is.