The weird kid from school

Throbber is describing the emotional processes that lie behind a lot of totalitarianism and genocide. The contempt for the victims, the disgust at their victimhood, the projection of inadequacy and wretchedness on them. Mark was pathetic because he got bullied all the time therefore he deserved to be bullied because he was pathetic. Victimhood makes people feel uncomfortable so an explanation for it is constructed so they will feel better about their discomfort.

In the 1970s there were a number of high investigations into corruption in the New York police. One of them, I think the one kicked off by Frank Serpico, reported that there were two types of corrupt cop - the report called them meat-eaters and grass-eaters. Meat-eaters went out and actively looked for corruption, they created it (infamously replacing several kilo of heroin in an evidence room with flour and selling it to the mafia to make millions of dollars) whereas the grass eaters would never report them and, perhaps, if they were presented with a gilt edged corruption opportunity, like loose cash at a drug bust, they might take a taste of it for themselves. However, the meat eaters couldn’t exist without the far more numerous grass eaters, who enabled the far more serious corruption with their lower level faults. I think there’s an analogy with bullying that we see in throbber’s story - you don’t have to be a “meat eater”, battering someone in the changing room to be enabling that sort of behaviour. You can do so with you contempt and your cheap digs.

Throbber also has a good point about this being normal behaviour. For a lot of people, it is normal. Especially among men there’s an expectation that stupid cruel teasing is the only level of conversation accepted and again this enable “meat eaters” to drag out the previous analogy a bit more. Ive certainly been guilty of it but a few years ago I started trying to stop doing it, especially at work where I’ve been employed in a few places with a big bullying culture. Sometimes it’s hard to not join in or try and take a positive stance when people are bad mouthing others but I think it’s worth it. Sometimes all it takes is one person behave differently. Of course, you can end up being frozen out but maybe that isn’t a bad thing.

8 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Of Kilsyth said:

I did once shit in the urinal at high school

Why? 

Reminds me there was a kid who used to write things in shit on the walls of the toilets in our school. Dunno if they ever figured out who it was. 

57 minutes ago, EH75 said:

Why? 

Reminds me there was a kid who used to write things in shit on the walls of the toilets in our school. Dunno if they ever figured out who it was. 

That kid grew up to be

traynor.jpg.d8a1f4d9689cbcf54263b2079b66fbe5.jpg

Was a ginger lad in my year who was quite smart, so he would revel in all the burds in class asking him the answers therefore seeing himself as some sort of popular kid. Craig Halketts big brother was in my year and also done this but none of the below.

Outside the classroom he would be regularly seen walking around mumbling Star Wars sound effects, picking his nose and wiping it on the ground/railings/fences and picking up any coppers lying on the ground. To be fair though he probably ended up rich from doing that from primary 1 till 6th year.

Edited by C. Muir

11 hours ago, Sir Kevin Of Kilsyth said:

Saw Stan do it on South Park and thought it was funny. 

^^the reason computer games get blamed when weirdos go on murder sprees.

5 hours ago, C. Muir said:

Outside the classroom he would be regularly seen walking around mumbling Star Wars sound effects, picking his nose and wiping it on the ground/railings/fences and picking up any coppers lying on the ground. To be fair though he probably ended up rich from doing that from primary 1 till 6th year.

Those police officers sound like utter deviants.

6 hours ago, C. Muir said:

Was a ginger lad in my year who was quite smart, so he would revel in all the burds in class asking him the answers therefore seeing himself as some sort of popular kid. Craig Halketts big brother was in my year and also done this but none of the below.

It's nice they allow gingers into the mainstream in school but has it worked or just another failed experiment?  Should they be back on the special bus?  

There was a right weirdo at my school, quite a tall skinny guy with a massive head and blond ish hair, kind of guy who supported 3 fitba teams. He got hounded from Perth for supporting Saints then changing to Hearts, moved to Edinburgh, stayed on a boat I think and was often seen wanking at the side of canals in the middle of the night. Last I heard he had been hounded from there and ended up in Asia somewhere, could be Japan?

Oh aye, his sister was tidy though.

Edited by tree house tam
Adding the sister bit. Wid

Speaking of projectile vomiting, we had a guy who came into our class around P4 for a year.  Lots of kids at my school were RAF so they only tended to appear for a year or so before disappearing.  Andrew Mitwamwari was his name (I think).  Really sound guy and being black, became something of celebrity.

Only problem was he kept vomiting. Every fucking day you would be sitting there then from the back of the class you heard what sounded like heavy rainfall or water being poured onto a desk.  Absolutely minging as well.

He came round to my house once and the first thing he did when he came into the house was run up the stairs and vomit all over the bathroom.

Looking back there was probably something seriously wrong with him to be honest.