The weird kid from school

We had one guy in our year who was obsessed over his jacket. He’d never take it off even on the hottest days.

Now, his classmates decided in PE to hide his jacket from him, he suddenly went into a panic and stormed into his Maths class screaming at the teacher “THE SCHOOL STOLE MY JACKET.”

After being calmed down by the teacher people were asked who had his jacket and no one admitted to it. Someone then told him that one of the guys in class had it. Instead of asking him if he did he stormed over and smacked him in the face.

Jacket boy ended up getting battered in the hallway and to this day I don’t know where his jacket ended up.

He was in the other class from me in secondary and pretty much disappeared after that. Think I last seen him 13 years ago.

1 hour ago, Estragon IS NOT a fud said:

Most of these stories just sound like kids with autism or aspergers

It's OK though as we didn't really know what those were back then so it was fine to point and laugh. 

Simpler times. 

Most of these stories just sound like kids with autism or aspergers
Probably the case tbh. When I think of the "weird" kids from my schools, now I'm older I reckon they all had some kind of mental illness, most likely autism. I was never a bully or even a teaser so my conscience is clean on that front but when I think back about some of the kids I imagine a lot of people probably picked on them because they were "weird".

It makes you wonder if mental health awareness such as autism should be brought into school. Sadly a lot of adults are still clueless so it would be a good start if it began in schools.

There was a guy a few years below me in school that came in one morning with a list of people who he announced, in registration, that he was going to bring a gun in and shoot within the next week. Fair to say it was an intense week. Obviously nothing ever came of it.

This same guy a few years later also told everyone he had planted a bomb in one of the bins in the eastgate shopping centre.

1) Terry - Terry was not this boys name, he had come from China and because nobody could pronounce his name, he was called Terry, even by teachers. It's quite sad he makes my list, and it is purely down to one incident. We were in a computing class, and the teacher was helping someone with something, Terry had his hand up, and the teacher wasn't noticing, a minute or so passed and Terry was getting visibly irate, we got the teachers attention who asked Terry what was wrong, he cupped his hands and proceeded to spew into them. the classroom just fell into silence. The teacher went to get a bin, but before he could take it over, Terry lifted his hands and drunk his sick. It is without doubt one of the most horrific things I have ever witnessed. What was really odd though, he then got up and went to the toilet to wash his hands. 

No fucking way

On ‎18‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 03:04, MeadowArab said:

There was a bloke in my year at school called Chris Ballantyne. He had the classic heavy metal hoodie and long hair, but what made him dangerously weird is that he posted online animated videos that he made himself, of him shagging the girl in our year that he fantasised about, he also narrated these videos.

He also joined the youth wing of ukip when he was 14 and would always rant about the EU whenever politics was brought up.

I'm pretty sure he came from a wealthy family.

He now works for an IT company in Cupar, & is a member of Ukip, although he may have switched to the brexit party.

that is amazing.

Forgot about Wullie who once brought his mum's dildo into school. This thing had wee eyes on the helmet and he'd take it out of his school bag and wave it around when the teacher was writing on the board. 

Wullie would also bring in one of those massive universal remote controls to change the channel when we were watching educational programmes on the TV. 

On 22/07/2019 at 17:43, 19QOS19 said:

Probably the case tbh. When I think of the "weird" kids from my schools, now I'm older I reckon they all had some kind of mental illness, most likely autism. I was never a bully or even a teaser so my conscience is clean on that front but when I think back about some of the kids I imagine a lot of people probably picked on them because they were "weird".

It makes you wonder if mental health awareness such as autism should be brought into school. Sadly a lot of adults are still clueless so it would be a good start if it began in schools.

It's absolutely true what you're saying, however Autism is not a mental illness. Though mental illness is more common in people with ASD. As an autistic adult myself, I reckon some you're likely right with some of the stories but I reckon kids, mainly boys, can be right weird without any help. My son is also autistic and schools are much better equipped than they were for autism nowadays.

I was likely a bit odd at school, I would talk to people but never had any close friends and seek more time on my own than with others. I played football and that pretty much was my whole interaction with others at the time. I think that's more typical of autism than some of the frankly chilling tales on here.

On 22/07/2019 at 22:28, PB1994 said:

There was a guy a few years below me in school that came in one morning with a list of people who he announced, in registration, that he was going to bring a gun in and shoot within the next week. Fair to say it was an intense week. Obviously nothing ever came of it.

We had 'Mad Maggie' who I seemed to have immunity from because we were pretty much neighbours.

One day a very quiet girl, let's call her Katrine (seeing as that was her name), must have looked at Mad Maggie the wrong way, who told us all that she was going to kill Katrine.  Treated it as nothing but an empty threat seeing as this was primary 7 at the time.  The next week, I saw a big f*** off kitchen knife in her bag to which I did a Lee Wallace on the condition of complete anonymity .  She went onto high school but soon disappeared to some other school for the naughty.

In a twist, since I moved to Aberdeen, Katrine now lives just up the road from me (clocked her instantly in my local shop 20 years on) whilst former neighbour Mad Maggie is probably drinking out the bowl of some distant prison cell toilet on this warm morning.

Edited by Hedgecutter

We had 'Mad Maggie' who I seemed to have immunity from because we were pretty much neighbours.
One day a very quiet girl, let's call her Katrine (seeing as that was her name), must have looked at Mad Maggie the wrong way, who told us all that she was going to kill Katrine.  Treated it as nothing but an empty threat seeing as this was primary 7 at the time.  The next week, I saw a big f*** off kitchen knife in her bag to which I did a Lee Wallace on the condition of complete anonymity .  She went onto high school but soon disappeared to some other school for the naughty.
In a twist, since I moved to Aberdeen, Katrine now lives just up the road from me (clocked her instantly in my local shop 20 years on) whilst former neighbour Mad Maggie is probably drinking out the bowl of some distant prison cell toilet on this warm morning.
Was this the same 'Mad Maggie' who came into school one day with an Indian ink tattoo on her head? (Or did I just imagine that?)

Just now, Chicken Wing said:
1 hour ago, Hedgecutter said:

Was this the same 'Mad Maggie' who came into school one day with an Indian ink tattoo on her head? (Or did I just imagine that?)

Having been sent home by the school for shaving her head but leaving a giant fringe that she dyed bright blue, only to come back with a head tattoo as well?  Yes. 

We had a guy in our primary - huge overgrown blond guy who at the age of ten looked like an adult Boris Johnson. He clearly had a  developmental disability, but was an amiable enough big soul and perhaps unexpectedly for the late 70s was pretty much accepted by the kids in school...I don't remember him getting the pish ripped out of him more than the next guy.

The problem was his maw, who looking back through adult eyes obviously had issues of her own. 

Every break she'd hover around the school gates, and would fly through them to right any injustice to her kid whether it be real or perceived, running round the playground trying to leather anyone she deemed responsible, including on one memorable occasion a teacher.

Obviously over time bamming her up and getting a chase off her became a game in itself.

As for the big man, not unexpectedly when we started secondary he never started with us.

For about a year, there was a Chinese lad in my primary class. He sat all day writing down players and their Champ Man stats. 

We were quite fond of Champ Man so tried to talk to him and look at what he was writing, but he would respond angrily and try and nip you.

A boy that lived on my street, and I briefly went to the same school as, had been deaf for a few years after birth and clearly had what we'd nowadays call a 'developmental delay'.  To top it off, he came from an oddball family, so really had no chance at school and was bullied mercilessly.  Looking back it was pretty horrible, but at the time of course I laughed along with everyone else (whilst not being one of the perpetrators).

Anyway, he would get picked up by the school bus at the top of our street and one day was waiting there with his big brother.  He must have felt a call of nature, so answered it there and then, shorts and pants down and took a shit on the pavement.  His brother ran home and got his mum, and a minute later I saw this poor lad being dragged down the road by his mum, pants around his ankles and bawling his head off.  

Being an inquisitive young chap myself, I went up the road to see what the cause of all the fuss was.... 🤢 To be fair to the mum, the next time I went past, the evidence had been cleaned up.