B teams of Big Clubs in Lower Leagues

On 16/07/2019 at 14:31, BACKOFTHENET said:

We need to put the big teams, under 21 year old sides in the lower divisions. This change is about helping the international side, not about helping the big sides.
By giving young players early competitive experience, we will develop more players good enough for the international side.
So we will be able to qualify for and be dark horses for major tournaments.
France, Germany, Croatia, Spain, and the Netherlands play their big sides b teams in the lower divisions to help develop more young players.  Look at how well Croatia did to reach the World Cup Final. I f we allowed big sides to play reserve teams in the lower leagues, then maybe we could develop more great players like the Croatian league does.
Scotland should copy this, to maximize the potential of young Scottish players.
Critics will say, it is unfair take the places of other teams in the league. But I think the priority is the national teams, and the performance of our club sides in European competitions. I think it is idiotic and unpatriotic, to place two or three part time sides league positions, above maximizing the potential of our young Scottish players. Would you rather a party time team 3 or four places higher in the league or Scotland reach a major tournament?
That is dumb and unpatriotic.
I like part time Scottish sides, they had to the richness and history of Scottish Sport. I support the part time teams being in the Scottish league, as they can develop players too and give match experience to young players by playing their big sides under 21 sides.
But the priority is the national side.
What gets on my nerves is people who say that we should only have 20 teams in the Scottish League, because they do not want loads of part time teams, in the league yet when you put forward the idea of utilising the part time teams in the lower leagues to give games against under 21 sides, suddenly that same person claims we are insulting the smaller sides by playing them.
When for a decade Scotland had a c divisions where big sides b teams played against part time sides, and when

Also we need the top clubs to be ruthless in developing young players and signing top talent from abroad so our top teams can do well in Europe and make Scotland proud, so we need to have a system where top teams have a gateway for young players to develop in competitive games, maximizing the potential of our young players.
The development of the national team and our clubs sides performances in Europe is the priority.

B teams in the lower leagues isnt going to change anything.

We need to invest in youth development and encourage more kids to play football. If we don't have good enough youngsters coming through the youth game then no amount of matches in the lower leagues will help them develop. 18 and 19 year olds arent suddenly going to develop into great players by playing in the lower leagues if they don't have the ability and potential to reach the top.

B teams are the end point of the way that teams on the continent develop younsters. It's not the reason that continental sides develop better youngsters.

On 16/07/2019 at 14:31, BACKOFTHENET said:

We need to put the big teams, under 21 year old sides in the lower divisions. This change is about helping the international side, not about helping the big sides.
By giving young players early competitive experience, we will develop more players good enough for the international side.
So we will be able to qualify for and be dark horses for major tournaments.
France, Germany, Croatia, Spain, and the Netherlands play their big sides b teams in the lower divisions to help develop more young players.  Look at how well Croatia did to reach the World Cup Final. I f we allowed big sides to play reserve teams in the lower leagues, then maybe we could develop more great players like the Croatian league does.
Scotland should copy this, to maximize the potential of young Scottish players.
Critics will say, it is unfair take the places of other teams in the league. But I think the priority is the national teams, and the performance of our club sides in European competitions. I think it is idiotic and unpatriotic, to place two or three part time sides league positions, above maximizing the potential of our young Scottish players. Would you rather a party time team 3 or four places higher in the league or Scotland reach a major tournament?
That is dumb and unpatriotic.
I like part time Scottish sides, they had to the richness and history of Scottish Sport. I support the part time teams being in the Scottish league, as they can develop players too and give match experience to young players by playing their big sides under 21 sides.
But the priority is the national side.
What gets on my nerves is people who say that we should only have 20 teams in the Scottish League, because they do not want loads of part time teams, in the league yet when you put forward the idea of utilising the part time teams in the lower leagues to give games against under 21 sides, suddenly that same person claims we are insulting the smaller sides by playing them.
When for a decade Scotland had a c divisions where big sides b teams played against part time sides, and when

Also we need the top clubs to be ruthless in developing young players and signing top talent from abroad so our top teams can do well in Europe and make Scotland proud, so we need to have a system where top teams have a gateway for young players to develop in competitive games, maximizing the potential of our young players.
The development of the national team and our clubs sides performances in Europe is the priority.

caley thistle fan

how surprising