148th Open Championship

Davis Love III

Who is Going to Win the 148th Open?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Who is Going to Win the 148th Open?

• Rory McIlroy
    • Brooks Koepka
    • Dustin Johnson
    • Jon Rahm
    • Justin Rose
    • Tiger Woods
    • Francesco Molinari
    • Xander Schauffele
    • Adam Scott
    • Henrik Stenson
    • Tommy Fleetwood
    • Justin Thomas
    • Rickie Fowler
    • Matt Wallace
    • OTHER PLAYER
  2. 2. Which Former Open Champions Will Make the Cut?

• Francesco Molinari (2018)
    • Jordan Spieth (2017)
    • Henrik Stenson (2016)
    • Zach Johnson (2015)
    • Rory McIlroy (2014)
    • Phil Mickelson (2013)
    • Ernie Els (2002/2012)
    • Darren Clarke (2011)
    • Louis Oosthuizen (2010)
    • Stewart Cink (2009)
    • Padraig Harrington (2007/2008)
    • Tiger Woods (2000/2005/2006)
    • David Duval (2001)
    • Paul Lawrie (1999)
    • Tom Lehman (1996

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 18/07/19 at 08:00

Just now, Florentine_Pogen said:

Whit, wicked banana shot that rockets into the car park and leaves a wee dent in the captain’s Beemer ? ☹️

Nah, top it after swinging at 200mph but it ends up as a Liz McColgan drive.

So far OB left off the first tee that you'd be as well accepting the 0.1 and heading for the bar.

It was a tri-am for me yesterday and my opening effort was a 50 yard top. My playing partner's comment of "At least it was straight" wasn't helpful. [emoji23]

I did redeem myself with 3-3 on the next 2 holes which was nett birdie and eagle. Sadly, that was about as good as it got.

22 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

It was a tri-am for me yesterday and my opening effort was a 50 yard top. My playing partner's comment of "At least it was straight" wasn't helpful. emoji23.png

I did redeem myself with 3-3 on the next 3 holes which was nett birdie and eagle. Sadly, that was about as good as it got.

Worst opening tee shot I ever hit was years ago while playing at Beith GC in their open. The clubhouse at Beith was immediately behind the first tee, with a huge picture window. The car park was immediately on your right. As I teed it up on the first, behind me, were a hundred pairs of eyes behind the picture window in the clubhouse. Blokes who hadn’t gone out yet munching on their rolls and coffees. My swing went to jelly, I hugely opened the face of the driver and banjoed it right towards the car park. Turned around in disgust to see a hundred pairs of eyes clearly indicating the thought process behind those eyes was ‘fcuk sake - my motor!’ Fortunately, I could see that I had missed the cars, the wildly shanked drive had sailed at 100mph an inch over their roofs and, as far as anyone knows, landed somewhere near Troon.

The worst of it was... I had to re-load. Hit a sclaff down the fairway with a 3 wood.... and sporting freshly soiled breeks. Not my finest hour.

Edited by pozbaird

Thinking about 1st tee disasters I can mind playing in an open at Muckhart GC (between Stirling and Kinross) . I managed to completely duff my drive along the ground which then then hit one of these wooden block tee markers ahead on the ladies tee, shot backwards, finally finishing up on the practice ground behind the first tee.

There then followed a lengthy debate between club members, officals, etc as to whether the practice ground was out of bounds. Apparently no one had ever done anything like that before. For all I achieved on the rest of that round, I should have picked up my ball at that point and headed for home.

Just now, ICTJohnboy said:

Thinking about 1st tee disasters I can mind playing in an open at Muckhart GC (between Stirling and Kinross) . I managed to completely duff my drive along the ground which then then hit one of these wooden block tee markers ahead on the ladies tee, shot backwards, finally finishing up on the practice ground behind the first tee.

There then followed a lengthy debate between club members, officals, etc as to whether the practice ground was out of bounds. Apparently no one had ever done anything like that before. For all I achieved on the rest of that round, I should have picked up my ball at that point and headed for home.

A pal of my old man was playing in a mixed foursome (steady) with his wife, and sent her 150 yards down the fairway, only to have to call her back when he did similar.