148th Open Championship

Davis Love III

Who is Going to Win the 148th Open?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Who is Going to Win the 148th Open?

• Rory McIlroy
    • Brooks Koepka
    • Dustin Johnson
    • Jon Rahm
    • Justin Rose
    • Tiger Woods
    • Francesco Molinari
    • Xander Schauffele
    • Adam Scott
    • Henrik Stenson
    • Tommy Fleetwood
    • Justin Thomas
    • Rickie Fowler
    • Matt Wallace
    • OTHER PLAYER
  2. 2. Which Former Open Champions Will Make the Cut?

• Francesco Molinari (2018)
    • Jordan Spieth (2017)
    • Henrik Stenson (2016)
    • Zach Johnson (2015)
    • Rory McIlroy (2014)
    • Phil Mickelson (2013)
    • Ernie Els (2002/2012)
    • Darren Clarke (2011)
    • Louis Oosthuizen (2010)
    • Stewart Cink (2009)
    • Padraig Harrington (2007/2008)
    • Tiger Woods (2000/2005/2006)
    • David Duval (2001)
    • Paul Lawrie (1999)
    • Tom Lehman (1996

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 18/07/19 at 08:00

Nick is absolutely top class. It comes so naturally to him. His “Tee time tips” are also superb if you get a chance to watch them

Totally agree, an absolute cracking watch. Viewing is somewhat spoiled though when Paul McGinley starts talking. A brick will be going through the telly this morning if he calls anyone else a great guy and says a player has “the heart of a lion”.

Just now, dave_binos said:

Totally agree, an absolute cracking watch. Viewing is somewhat spoiled though when Paul McGinley starts talking. A brick will be going through the telly this morning if he calls anyone else a great guy and says a player has “the heart of a lion”.

Will probably ruin your viewing if you do that m9.  Try the volume button first.

Can imagine Sky are having a crisis meeting. Who are they going to show with no Rory or Tiger?

They’ll no doubt come up with some “Battle of the Beardies” shite coupled with a ZZ Top soundtrack when Lowry and Holmes are teeing off.

🤪🤮

ETA - Watched the highlights on BBC last night and Peter Alliss needs to be put out to pasture toot sweet. His incoherent rambling mess of a commentary had me reaching for the mute button. Surely to feck the Beeb have alternatives to an 85 y.o. who can’t concentrate on the action ? Awful........

ETA2 - From Grauniad updates today ......

“A warm reception on the first tee for Kyle Stanley. Whether he deserves such blanket respect may be a moot point, given he fired two shots into the gallery yesterday, failing to shout fore on both occasions. His second wild one hit the mother of playing partner Robert MacIntyre’s caddie, leading to a full and frank exchange of views in the scorer’s hut later on. Maybe it was just a momentary lapse of judgement on Stanley’s part; we all have off days. Hopefully he’ll learn from it. However, it’s a good sign for Scottish golf, so long in the doldrums, that the 22-year-old prospect from Oban has the nerve to stand his ground with an established pro during his rookie season on Tour.”

Guest DAVIDB69

This iona woman sounds and looks a bit too much like Laura Anderson from last years love island.

I assume she is from the Stirling area. Riley seems to enjoying himself

11 hours ago, The Golden God said:

Should I put the 5 quid I have left in my account on Lowry to win at 7/1 or MacIntyre to finish top 10 at 14s?

I would put in on JB Holmes to win at 16-1.

Edited by ICTJohnboy

2 hours ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

ETA2 - From Grauniad up

“A warm reception on the first tee for Kyle Stanley. Whether he deserves such blanket respect may be a moot point, given he fired two shots into the gallery yesterday, failing to shout fore on both occasions. His second wild one hit the mother of playing partner Robert MacIntyre’s caddie, leading to a full and frank exchange of views in the scorer’s hut later on. Maybe it was just a momentary lapse of judgement on Stanley’s part; we all have off days. Hopefully he’ll learn from it. However, it’s a good sign for Scottish golf, so long in the doldrums, that the 22-year-old prospect from Oban has the nerve to stand his ground with an established pro during his rookie season on Tour.”

If I was in the crowd I would be yelling "Go In The Hole" at Stanley, or any other kind of obscenity I could think of when he's at the top of his backswing. I would do this at every single shot - even his putts, until he reaches the 18th green, or until I got thrown off the course.

What an utter c**t.

Guest DAVIDB69

Going on about woods , always wondered why on the pga tour you need to play a minimum of 15 events each year.

Yet that doesn’t seem to apply to woods

He has so many exemptions he doesnt need too.Plus he gets a few extra thousand folk coming in the gate and the tv audience goes up.He is still the biggest draw in golf

Going on about woods , always wondered why on the pga tour you need to play a minimum of 15 events each year.

Yet that doesn’t seem to apply to woods

"That's a great golf shot"
"You can see he's using a strong grip on the golf club"
"The golf course is looking beautiful today"

I'm watching blanket coverage of the biggest golf tournament in the world. You don't need to keep reminding me what sport it is. c***s.

9 minutes ago, DAVIDB69 said:

Does anyone enjoy Faldo stories

I’d genuinely rather listen to full uninterrupted 4 day coverage by an Allis, McGinley, Roe and Mark James dream team than listen to a second of Faldo.

Apart from generally being a fucking cretin, he’s tedious as f**k on commentary.

7 minutes ago, Tartan Dave said:

Moved my workout and quick 9 holes to early this morning so I could sit and watch this from 2 ish till finish. Couple cans, looking forward to a great day of golf

I'll be watching from now until the finish, but have just polished off a couple of cans.

Had to send Mrs Johnboy out for some more. Fortunately she's out of wine.