Climate change protests

On 15/07/2019 at 13:01, Victor von Doom said:

"Oh dearie me! Oh scheidt! I'm supported by my parents, who are are stipendiary parasites, who've "worked" all their lives in the public sector or at a semi-state quango - creating no wealth and earning no money, but being paid a generous stipend to perform less-than-essential bureaucratic functions. I'm attending a university, to study a course I don't pay for, in preparation for a "career" doing exactly what my parents have done - and maybe starting down the road to a sideline in politics by being a local councillor on a £10k p.a. "allowance". And I'm doing all this in an evil imperialist society, whose wealth is dependent on the virtual enslavement of two-thirds of the planet's population. And there's a 9-y-o Pakistani girl, making my Primark clothes for 15 cents an hour, with her jugular being crushed by the jackboot I'm wearing on my right foot. And there's some African dude, harvesting the coffee I desperately need with my avocado toast for $10 per week, with his jugular under the heel of the jackboot I'm wearing on my left boot. And I wish poor people like them didn't have to work like that, for so little money, but I like buying cheap clothes and cheap food, because it allows me and my parents to pour a few more drinks down our throats when we go to the subsidised bar at our university or public sector workplace, before we call an Uber, driven by a "self-employed" immigrant earning sub-minimum-wage, to ferry us home. And I honestly feel terrible about the unjust system the evil, capitalist West operates on, and I'd like to change it - so long as changing it doesn't require any real effort or genuine sacrifice. But changing it's soooo difficult, so I'll just pretend the fact I'm black / Pakistani / homosexual / vegan / left-handed / a Leo / a St.Johnstone fan makes me a victim of the evil system that sustains me. And I'll delude myself that I care by taking part in pathetic protests that inconvenience working folk who are not "right-minded" like I am and which bring no pressure to bear on anyone who can do anything meaningful to change the situation. God! This is thirsty work! Where's the nearest place I can get a cappuccino or a non-refrigerated smoothie that wasn't mixed using electricity?"            

Not even checking the second page

PARKLIFE

8 hours ago, Bairnardo said:
8 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:
Climate change is a myth

Source?

The earth is gradually warming year on year. Woopee. The last ice age ended what, 12,000 years ago? In terms of the total age of the earth that's nothing. What's to say that wouldn't be expected of a planet still in the process of exiting said ice age? What's to say it wouldn't either? No-one really knows.

Using the last 100 or so years (out of billions) as a sample size to confirm a theory is a hopelessly insignificant time frame.

There's money to be made or it wouldn't be an issue.

8 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Wind energy is only only one form of renewable.  Tidal energy could play a major role in future and I assume the tides are more predictable than the wind is.

Until the UK govt, who are responsible for the infrastructure, invest in getting Scotlands renewable energy into the market its all just potential.

The Scottish Government have of course fully funded the research through Wave Energy Scotland as we are the absolute boys.