Climate change protests

I see that some hippy wannabes have blocked off Trongate in glasgow today in protest at climate change. Have any P&Bers taken time off their work to join in? Have any P&Bers been inconvenienced by said protest? Are any P&Bers going to change the way they live to help the environment solely down to these protests?

They're protesting outside my work on Friday, have the day off so may go for a look and join in.

A couple of months back i had to run through a tunnel of them to get into an event they were protesting about, it was fairly intimidating tbf.

5 minutes ago, nsr said:

The idea that protesting against climate change is actually going to make the biggest governments and corporations give an airborne act of copulation...

I've decided to go and live in the woods because of them.

My absolute favourite thing about these protests, and also likes of Greenpeace disrupting pil drilling offshore etc is when folk start wailing "BET THE FUCKING DROVE A CAR TAE GIT THERE! WHIT DAE THEY THINK THE CAR RUNS OAN!!?!?!?!"

F****** SatNavs! Type of mix-up that happens all the time. You want to make a sensible & legitimate protest about global warming and excessive use of fossil fuels in front of the folk who are responsible for killing our planet, you set the SatNav for Tiananmen Square and it somehow reads it as "Trongate" and sends you to the wrong place. That's even worse than it sending them to Trafalgar Square a few months back.  

F****** SatNavs! Type of mix-up that happens all the time. You want to make a sensible & legitimate protest about global warming and excessive use of fossil fuels in front of the folk who are responsible for killing our planet, you set the SatNav for Tiananmen Square and it somehow reads it as "Trongate" and sends you to the wrong place. That's even worse than it sending them to Trafalgar Square a few months back.  
images.jpeg.jpg

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

My absolute favourite thing about these protests, and also likes of Greenpeace disrupting pil drilling offshore etc is when folk start wailing "BET THE FUCKING DROVE A CAR TAE GIT THERE! WHIT DAE THEY THINK THE CAR RUNS OAN!!?!?!?!"

or 

There's nae point "China is far worse, go and protest over there"

or 
There's nae point "China is far worse, go and protest over there"

Yep. Unless you fly over to Beijing on a hemp rug powered by endangered songbirds and kamikaze yourself into a coal fired power station, there is simply no point in trying to raise awareness or force action from our own government

Erseholes.

You got to wonder what the Carbon Footprint of the protesters was just for today. China is the real problem anyway. Like to see them protest in Tianeman Square.

Seriously though, why are they targeting Scotland, which has set "ambitious targets" Are we getting into the nothing is good enough for these fuckers territory?

Personally I don't care one way or the other. The world will get what it ultimately deserves from the fuckwits that populate it

"Oh dearie me! Oh scheidt! I'm supported by my parents, who are are stipendiary parasites, who've "worked" all their lives in the public sector or at a semi-state quango - creating no wealth and earning no money, but being paid a generous stipend to perform less-than-essential bureaucratic functions. I'm attending a university, to study a course I don't pay for, in preparation for a "career" doing exactly what my parents have done - and maybe starting down the road to a sideline in politics by being a local councillor on a £10k p.a. "allowance". And I'm doing all this in an evil imperialist society, whose wealth is dependent on the virtual enslavement of two-thirds of the planet's population. And there's a 9-y-o Pakistani girl, making my Primark clothes for 15 cents an hour, with her jugular being crushed by the jackboot I'm wearing on my right foot. And there's some African dude, harvesting the coffee I desperately need with my avocado toast for $10 per week, with his jugular under the heel of the jackboot I'm wearing on my left boot. And I wish poor people like them didn't have to work like that, for so little money, but I like buying cheap clothes and cheap food, because it allows me and my parents to pour a few more drinks down our throats when we go to the subsidised bar at our university or public sector workplace, before we call an Uber, driven by a "self-employed" immigrant earning sub-minimum-wage, to ferry us home. And I honestly feel terrible about the unjust system the evil, capitalist West operates on, and I'd like to change it - so long as changing it doesn't require any real effort or genuine sacrifice. But changing it's soooo difficult, so I'll just pretend the fact I'm black / Pakistani / homosexual / vegan / left-handed / a Leo / a St.Johnstone fan makes me a victim of the evil system that sustains me. And I'll delude myself that I care by taking part in pathetic protests that inconvenience working folk who are not "right-minded" like I am and which bring no pressure to bear on anyone who can do anything meaningful to change the situation. God! This is thirsty work! Where's the nearest place I can get a cappuccino or a non-refrigerated smoothie that wasn't mixed using electricity?"            

Edited by Victor von Doom

3 minutes ago, I'm Brian said:

Erseholes.

You got to wonder what the Carbon Footprint of the protesters was just for today. China is the real problem anyway. Like to see them protest in Tianeman Square.

Seriously though, why are they targeting Scotland, which has set "ambitious targets" Are we getting into the nothing is good enough for these fuckers territory?

Personally I don't care one way or the other. The world will get what it ultimately deserves from the fuckwits that populate it

TBF i'm in England, not quite the gammon heartlands of it, but still. Scotland is leading the way as far as the UK in concerned and should be congratulated for it. 

"Oh dearie me! Oh scheidt! I'm supported by my parents, who are are stipendiary parasites, who've "worked" all their lives in the public sector or at a semi-state quango - creating no wealth and earning no money, but being paid a generous stipend to perform less-than-essential bureaucratic functions. I'm attending a university, to study a course I don't pay for, in preparation for a "career" doing exactly what my parents have done - and maybe starting down the road to a sideline in politics by being a local councillor on a £10k p.a. "allowance". And I'm doing all this in an evil imperialist society, whose wealth is dependent on the virtual enslavement of two-thirds of the planet's population. And there's a 9-y-o Pakistani girl, making my Primark clothes for 15 cents an hour, with her jugular being crushed by the jackboot I'm wearing on my right foot. And there's some African dude, harvesting the coffee I desperately need with my avocado toast for $10 per week, with his jugular under the heel of the jackboot I'm wearing on my left boot. And I wish poor people like them didn't have to work like that, for so little money, but I like buying cheap clothes and cheap food, because it allows me and my parents to pour a few more drinks down our throats when we go to the subsidised bar at our university or public sector workplace, before we call an Uber, driven by a "self-employed" immigrant earning sub-minimum-wage, to ferry us home. And I honestly feel terrible about the unjust system the evil, capitalist West operates on, and I'd like to change it - so long as changing it doesn't require any real effort or genuine sacrifice. But changing it's soooo difficult, so I'll just pretend the fact I'm black / Pakistani / homosexual / vegan / left-handed / a Leo / a St.Johnstone fan makes me a victim of the evil system that sustains me. And I'll delude myself that I care by taking part in pathetic protests that inconvenience working folk who are not "right-minded" like I am and which bring no pressure to bear on anyone who can do anything meaningful to change the situation. God! This is thirsty work! Where's the nearest place I can get a cappuccino or a non-refrigerated smoothie that wasn't mixed using electricity?"            
K

57 minutes ago, Jeek said:

They're protesting outside my work on Friday, have the day off so may go for a look and join in.

A couple of months back i had to run through a tunnel of them to get into an event they were protesting about, it was fairly intimidating tbf.

Is it fun working as a rainforest futures trader?  how is the sideline in selling blood stained barrels of oil extracted from third world countries going? 

16 minutes ago, Victor von Doom said:

Image result for greg wallace gif

Good luck to them. It is going to be difficult to change a global socio-economic system built up and buttressed over hundreds of years, but good luck to them. It needs done.

Not just happening in Scotland btw. All over the UK today and I saw them at a music festival in Germany last week.

Edited by Margaret Thatcher

16 minutes ago, Jeek said:

Scotland is leading the way as far as the UK in concerned and should be congratulated for it. 

Yep! A country extracting as much fossil fuel from its offshore waters as Scotland does should be given an award for combating global warming. Why not a Nobel Prize of some sort? Perhaps Henry Kissinger and Aung San Suu Kyi could be flown-in to present it.

Edited by Victor von Doom
typo

1 minute ago, Victor von Doom said:

Yep! A country extracting as much fossil fuel from its offshore waters as Scotland does should be given an award for combating global warming. Why not a Nobel Prize of some sort? Perhaps Hanry Kissinger and Aung San Suu Kyi could be flown-in to present it.

Ah, so you're... anti climate change then, are you? ... but  foaming that the wrong sort of people are protesting it in the wrong sort of way... is that it?