Broxburn Athletic
Linlithgow Rose
Penicuik Athletic

Juniors (3)
North - Banks o'Dee
East - Lochee Utd
West - Auchinleck Talbot

8 hours ago, Bufty Boots said:

Be interested to know why you thought it was dire. Pretty decent football from both teams. Lots of chances, some great saves and a lot of hard work from all the players. 

I wouldn't go as far as dire, but I can't say I enjoy watching a centre half of questionable technique continually boot the ball over the top, partly because he enjoys it, and partly because the midfield has no creativity.

I thought that was the worst performance I've seen from us this season, and we gave hope to a team that should have been put away without too much trouble.

5 hours ago, GordonS said:

I wouldn't go as far as dire, but I can't say I enjoy watching a centre half of questionable technique continually boot the ball over the top, partly because he enjoys it, and partly because the midfield has no creativity.

I thought that was the worst performance I've seen from us this season, and we gave hope to a team that should have been put away without too much trouble.

Hey, I was there yesterday, and second half I was near this Glaswegian spraffing away to his mates about the pyramid, women's game, French Cup, the lot. He even managed to shoehorn in  a mention of Guadalupe. I thought 'I guess that'll be Gordon then!'

Hey, I was there yesterday, and second half I was near this Glaswegian spraffing away to his mates about the pyramid, women's game, French Cup, the lot. He even managed to shoehorn in  a mention of Guadalupe. I thought 'I guess that'll be Gordon then!'
That's just creepy.

59 minutes ago, GordonS said:
7 hours ago, The Mantis said:

That's just creepy.

……...bit like yourself.

Stirling University v Linlithgow Rose
Cowdenbeath v Broxburn Athletic
Penicuik Athletic v Stenhousemuir

Different outcomes here. Eminently winnable for Linlithgow, but underestimate the students at your peril. Trip to an SPFL park for Broxburn, but very tough. Glamour home tie for Penicuik - and in with a shout although clearly the underdogs.

Looking at the social media build-up then watching the draw live on prime-time TV there brought home to me how far the likes of Bonnyrigg, Broxburn and Penicuik have come in so short a time. Little more than a year ago they were playing in the Juniors and could only hope to play in the Scottish Cup by winning their league then coming through the preliminary. Now they are licensed SFA members... with Bonnyrigg having been promoted into LL... and here they are beating LL clubs in Scottish Cup R1 and going on to face SPFL2 sides in R2.

Credit again to these clubs for the ambition they've shown and the effort they've put in, both on-field and off-field, in embracing the pyramid and chasing their dreams. They're justly reaping the reward.

58 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Stirling University v Linlithgow Rose
Cowdenbeath v Broxburn Athletic
Penicuik Athletic v Stenhousemuir

Different outcomes here. Eminently winnable for Linlithgow, but underestimate the students at your peril. Trip to an SPFL park for Broxburn, but very tough. Glamour home tie for Penicuik - and in with a shout although clearly the underdogs.

Looking at the social media build-up then watching the draw live on prime-time TV there brought home to me how far the likes of Bonnyrigg, Broxburn and Penicuik have come in so short a time. Little more than a year ago they were playing in the Juniors and could only hope to play in the Scottish Cup by winning their league then coming through the preliminary. Now they are licensed SFA members... with Bonnyrigg having been promoted into LL... and here they are beating LL clubs in Scottish Cup R1 and going on to face SPFL2 sides in R2.

Credit again to these clubs for the ambition they've shown and the effort they've put in, both on-field and off-field, in embracing the pyramid and chasing their dreams. They're justly reaping the reward.

10 seasons ago (2009-10) you had Broxburn, Blackburn, Tranent, Edinburgh United, Dunbar, Dalkeith & Haddington all knocking around the East Region South Division, and Jeanfield, Dundonald, Crossgates & Oakley in the (then) Central Division. Penicuk were just above the relegation zone in the Premier (below the Super). Now five are full SFA members, with probably another two or three on there way,  Broxburn and Penicuk facing SPFL opposiiton in the second round of the Scottish Cup.

Contrast that with Bathgate Thistle & Whitburn in the Superleague (although out of the 12 team Superleague, only those two plus Lochee still play Junior). How times have changed.