newcastle broon

William Hill Scottish Cup 2019/2020

Interesting to note today of uncovered seating at New Tinto Park. Maryhill also have uncovered seating. Is this quite common in the junior game ? I think I'd rather have a covered roof for standing in as opposed to seats in pissing rain  ? 
I don't think Maryhill's seating is in use, if it's not actually derelict then it's certainly not somewhere you'd want to sit. They've got a big, distinctive shed though.

8 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

Is it perhaps time to limit Scottish Cup entry to Licenced clubs, and remove the Junior and Amatuer winners?  There's a clear pathway to enter the Pyramid if you want it.

I think it should be the opposite. I'd like to see licensing used purely for league entry, and for the Scottish Cup to be open to all clubs above a certain level (with a route in for a handful of other clubs).

23 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Interesting to note today of uncovered seating at New Tinto Park. Maryhill also have uncovered seating. Is this quite common in the junior game ? I think I'd rather have a covered roof for standing in as opposed to seats in pissing rain  ? 

The seats were a left over from the Commonwealth games take it they didn't have the funds to add a roof to it.

Can't think of any other examples, so probably quite unusual. Maybe Kilbowie was what made having seating with no cover seem normal in that part of the world?

Today's scoreline should be a morale boost for your club because the amateur cup champions are usually alleged to be quite strong. Suspect there may be some SFA officeholders questioning if their entry is worth the hassle over registered grounds, because they have yet to make much of an impact on the early rounds.

4 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

That remains to be seen and is not as clear cut as it used to be given the SJFA is now officially committed to pyramid entry. Does anyone know if Cumnock and Petershill had their applications accepted by the SFA board and passed onto the licensing committee?

Lochee is a different case than Cumnock & Petershill anyway. Lochee aren't able to join the EoSFL. They can't join the HFL without being licensed either. I suppose the SFA could set as a demand that they apply to join the HFL in order to receive their license, but that's about the only thing they can do currently to any Tayside applicants. Either that or the SFA put the application on hold until there is an agreement for the East (Tayside) juniors to join the pyramid in some way.

9 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

The SJFA situation where their league winners qualify should be reviewed since they exist outside the pyramid, but I still think the Junior Cup and Amateur Cup winners should be offered a qualifying route due to the number of clubs that compete at their respective levels.

Aside from that discussion, I think the North Caledonian League should have a route to qualify for the Scottish Cup as well. They actually are in favour of the pyramid, but can't join yet as the NRJFA aren't interested. Then it's only fair enough if they can qualify to the Scottish Cup as well, as clubs in competitions that have no interest of joining the pyramid can.

Edited by Marten

12 minutes ago, Marten said:

Lochee is a different case than Cumnock & Petershill anyway. Lochee aren't able to join the EoSFL. They can't join the HFL without being licensed either. I suppose the SFA could set as a demand that they apply to join the HFL in order to receive their license, but that's about the only thing they can do currently to any Tayside applicants. Either that or the SFA put the application on hold until there is an agreement for the East (Tayside) juniors to join the pyramid in some way.

Bear in mind that top SFA officeholders had to have the Tay bridge boundary explained to them during a meeting with EoS/LL clubs a few months ago. Now new member clubs below tier 5 have no voting rights there will probably be less pressure from SPFL clubs to limit the number of clubs getting licensed.

18 minutes ago, Marten said:

All the HL need to do is split, create a tier 6 with no license requirements and invite teams to join... they’ll find most, of not all their gentlemen’s club would all end up back in tier 5 again by the time the tier 6 league has had all applications in.

But alas it will never happen 🤷‍♂️

31 minutes ago, Marten said:

Aside from that discussion, I think the North Caledonian League should have a route to qualify for the Scottish Cup as well. They actually are in favour of the pyramid, but can't join yet as the NRJFA aren't interested. Then it's only fair enough if they can qualify to the Scottish Cup as well, as clubs in competitions that have no interest of joining the pyramid can.

Supposedly there will be this deadline of 31st December for any LL pyramid playoff changes, so we'll see how things go over the next 4 months.

While the Junior leagues retain Scottish Cup qualification, I don't have a problem with the NCL champion gaining qualification as well. Especially as I don't believe the NCL clubs enter the Amateur Cup due to their quasi-Senior status. So they have no qualification opportunity while other non-licenced clubs have two.