William Hill Scottish Cup 2019/2020

4 hours ago, bendan said:

Ewen Murray is appalling. To be fair, I think his job is basically to report on Scottish football for people who neither know nor care about it, but you'd still think his employers would want someone with at least a demonstrable interest in the topics being covered. His level of knowledge is literally no greater than you would gain by relying completely on Sky Sports for news.

Correct - he's a bitter Hearts supporter who manages to show his bias more often than not.

The fact that he knows nothing about non-league football doesn't surprise me. What is amazing is the fact he is proud of it. "I don't know the detail this year, I haven't looked". Too thick to even google it before he posts on twitter.

2 hours ago, colourofthegrass said:

Correct - he's a bitter Hearts supporter who manages to show his bias more often than not.

The fact that he knows nothing about non-league football doesn't surprise me. What is amazing is the fact he is proud of it. "I don't know the detail this year, I haven't looked". Too thick to even google it before he posts on twitter.

All Hearts supporters are bitter.

15 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Love the bit about complaining about it every year (but hasn't bothered to check the facts this year).

He's presumably thinking of EK v Celtic a couple of years ago. Has there been many other examples in the LL era?

None... and it's worth remembering moving that move was imposed on EK by police and SFA (who as you'll recall announced off their own bat that it would be held at Hamilton only to find Hamilton said "eh? naw!" so it ultimately ended-up at Airdrie). During same period Albion Rovers moved 3 or 4 games, but I don't see him saying SPFL2 clubs should be booted out as well.

Suspect he's genuinely mistaken and think it happens multiple times per round every year. To be so comprehensively ill-informed and yet so blusteringly forthright is quite something.

Going by some other tweets I've concluded he may think Penicuik were drawn at home to Partick and gave-up home advantage (which has never happened).

32 minutes ago, Le Tout P'ti FC said:

That is some goal by Broxburn.

The Scottish Cup is magic isn't it? I used to love the round in January when the big guns came in but more and more I'm thinking the magic is the stuff leading up to that round.

Tbf until 2007 there was little before Last 32 (which was R3)... 20 tier 3/4 + 8 qualifiers in R1 with 8 ties & 12 byes, and 10 ties in R2.

Still not perfect now... prelims > R1 especially... but vastly better than that.

Edited by HibeeJibee

1 hour ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

But the junior cup 

19 minutes ago, PastyMan said:

Exactly .... ain't no foxes in the big Cup 😂

Daft thing is if everyone came on board under the same banner this would be an even bigger and better non league tourney. Doesn't look like it'll happen anytime soon though. 

10 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

If this doesn't inspire remaining West Lothian Junior clubs to get a piece of the action, I'm not sure anything will.

Unless they continue to bury their head in the sand until the WoS teams figure out that Auchinleck are getting a rake of cash from the big cup which allows them to remain dominant. Then a few more of them may push for a WoS senior league