William Hill Scottish Cup 2019/2020

Absolutely brilliant today from Penicuik and Broxburn. I’ve watched the Eos during its best and recent worse times, great to see it making headlines for the right reasons again. There can’t be many ex junior supporters left that think the decisions made by their club were wrong  now surely

Absolutely more ammunition to try and get the LL to open up some more.  Clear out the self serving deadwood asap for these far superior EOS teams who are still chasing only 1 promotion slot.

I wouldn't say so. One off cup wins are fantastic for all involved, and hats off to both, but they can't and shouldn't be used as a measurement tool.

The LL will, in time, have up to 3 relegation spots but it would be silly to use a couple if fantastic cup wins as a catalyst for that decision to be taken now.

Well done to both clubs today, really pleased for them. Both have worked tirelessly hard to get where they are and deserve their moment.

Just realised, out of the 3 EoS  ties mentioned there, Broxburn must have the biggest chance of getting to the next round!

Patrick Thistle and Falkirk are glamour ties for our teams. Let's hope all 3 make it through, that would be amazing. 

6 minutes ago, superbigal said:

Absolutely more ammunition to try and get the LL to open up some more.  Clear out the self serving deadwood asap for these far superior EOS teams who are still chasing only 1 promotion slot.

😂😂

They beat 2 SPFL teams who wont open up at the bottom of their league. 

Superb advert for the EOSFL  and congratulations to both Broxburn and Penicuik today (let's no forget Lithgow either)  but ffs dinny turn this into another pyramid thread!! 

14 minutes ago, heedthebaa said:

Absolutely brilliant today from Penicuik and Broxburn. I’ve watched the Eos during its best and recent worse times, great to see it making headlines for the right reasons again. There can’t be many ex junior supporters left that think the decisions made by their club were wrong  now surely

Magnificent results.

Attendances:

1,289     Penicuik v Stenhousemuir
1,059     Broxburn v Cowdenbeath

Penicuik Athletic 3-0 Stenhousemuir

Seldom can a league side have been so ardently obliterated by opposition 29 places below in the league system. (That said perhaps it happened twice today given the Broxburn score).

First half Penicuik could have gone in 4 or 5 up... both strikers missed an absolute sitter from a squared ball off the counter-attack, they totalled messed up another superb break, blazed an opportunity just wide of the left post and put a free-kick narrowly wide. Visitors forced 1 flapped save for a corner. You thought "will there be a sucker punch" but in reality a rebounded penalty, header at corner, and bursting run from right wing put the hosts 3-0 up... and they still missed a couple more gilt-edged chances. I can't recall another Stenny attempt on target.

By the end of the game not only were chants of "OOOOH ROOKIE COOKIE" ringing round the ground but "EASY! EASY!" and "CAN WE PLAY YOU EVERY WEEK?". This from supporters of a side sat mid-table in tier 6, against an opponent occupying the playoff places in tier 4. In other circumstances the Stenny management should have been offering their resignation after FT... such was the humiliation meted-out in Midlothian. It brought back memories of Hawick beating us 3-2 at Shielfield. If I heard it right, a little boy in the enclosure was asking his parents why a team like that are "allowed" to play 2 levels above Penicuik when "they are so bad".

Remarkable scenes.

17 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Magnificent results.

Attendances:

Seldom can a league side have been so ardently obliterated by opposition 29 places below in the league system. (That said perhaps it happened twice today given the Broxburn score).

First half Penicuik could have gone in 4 or 5 up... both strikers missed an absolute sitter from a squared ball off the counter-attack, they totalled messed up another superb break, blazed an opportunity just wide of the left post and put a free-kick narrowly wide. Visitors forced 1 flapped save for a corner. You thought "will there be a sucker punch" but in reality a rebounded penalty, header at corner, and bursting run from right wing put the hosts 3-0 up... and they still missed a couple more gilt-edged chances. I can't recall another Stenny attempt on target.

By the end of the game not only were chants of "OOOOH ROOKIE COOKIE" ringing round the ground but "EASY! EASY!" and "CAN WE PLAY YOU EVERY WEEK?". This from supporters of a side sat mid-table in tier 6, against an opponent occupying the playoff places in tier 4. In other circumstances the Stenny management should have been offering their resignation after FT... such was the humiliation meted-out in Midlothian. It brought back memories of Hawick beating us 3-2 at Shielfield. If I heard it right, a little boy in the enclosure was asking his parents why a team like that are "allowed" to play 2 levels above Penicuik when "they are so bad".

Remarkable scenes.

Quite frankly I’m disgusted you wasn’t at Berwick today pal 😉

3 minutes ago, heedthebaa said:

Quite frankly I’m disgusted you wasn’t at Berwick today pal 😉

:lol:

Swithered but I'd bought a ticket for Penicuik-Stenny before last week - plus sniffed a shock on the cards.

With winless hoodoo past was confident Wee Gers could prevail without me and so it proved.

25 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Magnificent results.

Attendances:

Remarkable scenes.

Similar to the Broxburn game in some ways against a team lying second in SPFL2.  

For those saying it was a one off tie.  Broxburn have twice outplayed Cowdenbeath and also beaten two LL teams this season.

The EOS Premier have a lot of decent sides at the moment and any one of 5/6 teams could come up this season.

17 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

:lol:

Swithered but I'd bought a ticket for Penicuik-Stenny before last week - plus sniffed a shock on the cards.

With winless hoodoo past was confident Wee Gers could prevail without me and so it proved.

I also swithered and opted for the billendean 😂

12 minutes ago, Blowin In the Wind said:

For those saying it was a one off tie.  Broxburn have twice outplayed Cowdenbeath and also beaten two LL teams this season.

The EOS Premier have a lot of decent sides at the moment and any one of 5/6 teams could come up this season.

Think its more coming to the defence of LL clubs than knocking Broxburn or any of the other non-SPFL sides achievements.

The LL, especially at the bottom, gets the brunt of negative commentary. People point to the likes of Hawick RAU and Preston Athletic falling away.

Yet its not like East Stirlingshire or Berwick Rangers have exactly excelled either.

1 hour ago, albynpark said:

Just realised, out of the 3 EoS  ties mentioned there, Broxburn must have the biggest chance of getting to the next round!

Patrick Thistle and Falkirk are glamour ties for our teams. Let's hope all 3 make it through, that would be amazing. 

I think you'e going to see Broxburn in a cup draw with the biggest clubs in Scotland. Really pleased for you all, Broxburn have earned everything they've got. Although I was disappointed when we lost 4-3 at Albyn Park last season - a match that effectively cost us a shot at promotion - there was no shame in losing to such a hard-working, well-organised and united team. 

For those of historical bent - this is the best performance by the East of Scotland League in the Scottish Cup since 2008-09 when Dalbeattie, Edinburgh City, Spartans and Vale of Leithen reached R3. Spartans actually went on to make R4. (Of course this was pre-LL).

Other occasions when 3 or more EOSL clubs have reached round before Last 32 are:

1927-28 ... Berwick, Civil Service, Leith Ams
1928-29 ... Berwick, Civil Service Edinburgh City, Murrayfield

1929-30 ... Bathgate, Civil Service, Leith Ams, Murrayfield, Vale of Leithen
1930-31 ... Bathgate, Peebles, Vale of Leithen
1934-35 ... Berwick, Chirnside, Peebles
1935-36 ... Berwick, Chirnside, Peebles
1936-37 ... Duns, Murrayfield, Peebles
1937-38 ... Chirnside, Penicuik, Vale of Leithen
1938-39 ... Berwick, Bo'ness, Duns, Penicuik
1951-52 ... Duns, Eyemouth, Peebles
1953-54 ... Coldstream, Duns, Peebles
1957-58 ... Chirnside, Eyemouth, Peebles, Vale of Leithen