William Hill Scottish Cup 2019/2020

9 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

The SJFA situation where their league winners qualify should be reviewed since they exist outside the pyramid, but I still think the Junior Cup and Amateur Cup winners should be offered a qualifying route due to the number of clubs that compete at their respective levels.

Aside from that discussion, I think the North Caledonian League should have a route to qualify for the Scottish Cup as well. They actually are in favour of the pyramid, but can't join yet as the NRJFA aren't interested. Then it's only fair enough if they can qualify to the Scottish Cup as well, as clubs in competitions that have no interest of joining the pyramid can.

Edited by Marten

12 minutes ago, Marten said:

Lochee is a different case than Cumnock & Petershill anyway. Lochee aren't able to join the EoSFL. They can't join the HFL without being licensed either. I suppose the SFA could set as a demand that they apply to join the HFL in order to receive their license, but that's about the only thing they can do currently to any Tayside applicants. Either that or the SFA put the application on hold until there is an agreement for the East (Tayside) juniors to join the pyramid in some way.

Bear in mind that top SFA officeholders had to have the Tay bridge boundary explained to them during a meeting with EoS/LL clubs a few months ago. Now new member clubs below tier 5 have no voting rights there will probably be less pressure from SPFL clubs to limit the number of clubs getting licensed.

18 minutes ago, Marten said:

Lochee is a different case than Cumnock & Petershill anyway. Lochee aren't able to join the EoSFL. They can't join the HFL without being licensed either. I suppose the SFA could set as a demand that they apply to join the HFL in order to receive their license, but that's about the only thing they can do currently to any Tayside applicants. Either that or the SFA put the application on hold until there is an agreement for the East (Tayside) juniors to join the pyramid in some way.

All the HL need to do is split, create a tier 6 with no license requirements and invite teams to join... they’ll find most, of not all their gentlemen’s club would all end up back in tier 5 again by the time the tier 6 league has had all applications in.

But alas it will never happen 🤷‍♂️

31 minutes ago, Marten said:

Aside from that discussion, I think the North Caledonian League should have a route to qualify for the Scottish Cup as well. They actually are in favour of the pyramid, but can't join yet as the NRJFA aren't interested. Then it's only fair enough if they can qualify to the Scottish Cup as well, as clubs in competitions that have no interest of joining the pyramid can.

Supposedly there will be this deadline of 31st December for any LL pyramid playoff changes, so we'll see how things go over the next 4 months.

While the Junior leagues retain Scottish Cup qualification, I don't have a problem with the NCL champion gaining qualification as well. Especially as I don't believe the NCL clubs enter the Amateur Cup due to their quasi-Senior status. So they have no qualification opportunity while other non-licenced clubs have two.

• 2 weeks later...

Today's results (mixed fortunes for the EOS clubs). Jeanfield's postponed tie against Linlithgow will be played next Saturday

The 1st round draw is scheduled for Sunday's Sportscene.

• Banks o’ Dee 2-0 Golspie Sutherland
  • Camelon Juniors 0-2 Auchinleck Talbot
  • Girvan 0-1 Broxburn Athletic
  • Lochee United 5-2 Lothian Thistle HV
  • Threave Rovers 0-2 Hill of Beath Hawthorn
  • Whitehill Welfare 0-1 Penicuik Athletic
Edited by Footballfirst

No surprise results today.

All of these sides progressing into R1 will be looking to do some damage... with Brora, EK, BSCG and Berwick not joining in until R2 there are some sides to avoid (Kelty, Bonnyrigg etc.) but for the most part they will fancy their chances against anyone - whether each other or most HL & LL opposition.

6 hours ago, Blue White Dynamite said:

Probably the only highlight of today's game ruined by that horrendous wind.  I dont think I saw the EOSFL champions today though. Best of luck in the next round. 

Edited by newcastle broon

1 hour ago, newcastle broon said:

Probably the only highlight of today's game ruined by that horrendous wind.  I dont think I saw the EOSFL champions today though. Best of luck in the next round. 

It was a little flat but I think if Penicuik scored earlier it would’ve relaxed them into scoring more as they were well on top for most the game. Also a couple of wonder saves from Yossi too, I was right behind the one in the first half that was just phenomenal. Gutted I was running late or I would’ve popped in to the club for a pre-match scoop and introduced myself.

Rosewell is just as I remember though, brilliantly welcoming place to watch football. Definitely worth a visit for anyone who hasn’t been yet

6 hours ago, Spyro said:

It was a little flat but I think if Penicuik scored earlier it would’ve relaxed them into scoring more as they were well on top for most the game. Also a couple of wonder saves from Yossi too, I was right behind the one in the first half that was just phenomenal. Gutted I was running late or I would’ve popped in to the club for a pre-match scoop and introduced myself.

Rosewell is just as I remember though, brilliantly welcoming place to watch football. Definitely worth a visit for anyone who hasn’t been yet

Yer always still in the game at 1 0 though thought we had a penalty shout especially wi the new hand ball ruling  ? 

I thought Sproule was excellent when he came on.Caused Penicuik lots of problems. 

Not to be for ww though 1st time in a very long time they're not in the 1st round draw.

The joys of relegation,I've said plenty about this on other threads ,comparing the HFL bottom club wi bottom LL club,this is one disadvantage of the pyramid. 

Sportscene covering the draw live tonight where there will be a live match picked for the cameras. Normally you dont hear any media coverage at all for the early rounds so a bit credit to the SFA there. 

Good luck to all remaining clubs in the competition. 

Broxburn = tough.

Others = eminently winnable.

Inverurie v Wick
Broxburn v East Stirlingshire
Fort William v Vale of Leithen
Forres v Banks o'Dee
Strathspey v Lossiemouth
Kelty v Auchinleck
Buckie v Civil Service Strollers
Fraserburgh v Bonnyrigg
Nairn v Clachnacuddin
Jeanfield/Linlithgow v Huntly
Edinburgh University v Lochee Utd
Cumbernauld v Penicuik
Gretna v Hill of Beath
Dalbeattie v Gala
Spartans v Deveronvale
Turriff v Formartine
Keith v University of Stirling
Caledonian Braves v Rothes

34 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Broxburn = tough.

Others = eminently winnable.

Broxburn v East Stirlingshire
Jeanfield/Linlithgow v Huntly
Cumbernauld v Penicuik
Gretna v Hill of Beath

Are the Shire really so much better than Cumbernauld Colts? If Cumbernauld can beat Kelty I think Penicuik are probably in for a tough time. Guess the Broxburn game is a good opportunity to dust off the record books to find out how the Shire used to get on against Broxburn United.

15 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Are the Shire really so much better than Cumbernauld Colts? If Cumbernauld can beat Kelty I think Penicuik are probably in for a tough time. Guess the Broxburn game is a good opportunity to dust off the record books to find out how the Shire used to get on against Broxburn United.

The winner of the Jeanfield Linlithgow tie definite favourites to beat Huntly. A great incentive for Saturday's game.

26 minutes ago, Auld Heid said:

Given your expenditure on players - anything other than a semi-final will be a poor return for K£lty H£arts

Hurting after your team taking a right royal humping yesterday?