William Hill Scottish Cup 2019/2020

Been a while since I posted Burnieman but I have a question for you. Why have clubs who applied for their licence been knocked back because of a lack of floodlights but Jeanfield Swifts were granted a licence ? I saw the video clips of their goals from yesterday's game v Broxburn and it's clear there are no floodlights on the clubroom side of the ground and behind the goals. Now I remember there were lights on the opposite side facing on to a training pitch but surely this is not acceptable ? 

Clubs are required to have
a floodlight system at the
ground. It is recommended
that the following minimum
levels apply:
Average – 200 lux
Min/Max – 0.25
Where a relevant body
or league raises concerns
regarding the suitability of a
floodlight system, it will be
a matter for the Licensing
Committee to determine the
suitability of the system.

I don't know Jeanfield at all, but there's nothing in the criteria saying that floodlights have to be both sides or behind the goals, just that they need to be there and a recommended Lux level.

Looks like the licencing committee decided that what jeanfield has is suitable needed on the criteria.

Thanks for the replies. It looks like you only have to have 3/4 Floodlights down one side with three lamps on them but two face the training pitch with one facing the main playing pitch. Looks like clubs can save money by doing that. 

Thanks for the replies. It looks like you only have to have 3/4 Floodlights down one side with three lamps on them but two face the training pitch with one facing the main playing pitch. Looks like clubs can save money by doing that. 
I'm sure I read somewhere that the lights facing Jeanfields training park were on a swivel mount that can easily be turned to face the main park for night games.

Thought I'd also read they had got new lights from the council as well, I had presumed for the other side of the park.

52 minutes ago, locheeboy said:

Been a while since I posted Burnieman but I have a question for you. Why have clubs who applied for their licence been knocked back because of a lack of floodlights but Jeanfield Swifts were granted a licence ? I saw the video clips of their goals from yesterday's game v Broxburn and it's clear there are no floodlights on the clubroom side of the ground and behind the goals. Now I remember there were lights on the opposite side facing on to a training pitch but surely this is not acceptable ? 

20181213_192224.jpg

Picture posted in that thread showing the current lights in action but there's still two on each pole that will be turned around for matches.

Edited by Ginaro

59 minutes ago, gaz5 said:

Clubs are required to have
a floodlight system at the
ground. It is recommended
that the following minimum
levels apply:
Average – 200 lux
Min/Max – 0.25
Where a relevant body
or league raises concerns
regarding the suitability of a
floodlight system, it will be
a matter for the Licensing
Committee to determine the
suitability of the system.

I don't know Jeanfield at all, but there's nothing in the criteria saying that floodlights have to be both sides or behind the goals, just that they need to be there and a recommended Lux level.

Lux level + uniformity requirements, the SFA don’t care how you achieve that. Both requirements are relatively lenient.  Looking at the photos the pitch looks playable, and certainly should be ok with the lights turned round .

Locheeboy finally showing face after his sure thing got knocked out the park.  Guess he’s been told he’s not getting a license and is now on the attack on others. 

Edited by parsforlife

We have temporary portable lights, which were purchased at considerable cost to the club, for the enclosure side which we can use until the council granted lights get fitted. The planning application is in and should be approved very soon. With no home games scheduled so far in September it gives us a good chance to get them up.

We were asked by the licencing committee to provide lighting calculations for the portables and this was approved by the committee and SFA.

2 hours ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

And be rejected because your not in the pyramid 

That remains to be seen and is not as clear cut as it used to be given the SJFA is now officially committed to pyramid entry. Does anyone know if Cumnock and Petershill had their applications accepted by the SFA board and passed onto the licensing committee?

15 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

That remains to be seen and is not as clear cut as it used to be given the SJFA is now officially committed to pyramid entry. Does anyone know if Cumnock and Petershill had their applications accepted by the SFA board and passed onto the licensing committee?

Been no mention of it yet dunipace have been all over it

5 hours ago, locheeboy said:

Jeanfield assured the SFA they'd sourced other floodlights, stating it was a "done deal".

Premliminary Round Two

31st August 2019

Banks O'Dee v. Golspie Sutherland
Camelon Juniors v. Auchinleck Talbot
Girvan v. Broxburn Athletic
Lochee United v. Lothian Thistle HV
Jeanfield Swifts v. Linlithgow Rose
Threave Rovers v. Hill of Beath Hawthorn
Whitehill Welfare v. Penicuik Athletic

Quite a few intersting ties to look forward to in a couple of weeks.

Been no mention of it yet dunipace have been all over it
Our application was accepted last month, just putting the final touches to things before getting the auditor in.

New toilets, covered enclosure, screen fencing, pathways, signage etc. are all now installed, first used for our game against Peebles Wednesday night. Disabled viewing area next to the enclosure being fabricated now, should be in soon.

3 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Interesting to note today of uncovered seating at New Tinto Park. Maryhill also have uncovered seating. Is this quite common in the junior game ? I think I'd rather have a covered roof for standing in as opposed to seats in pissing rain  ? 

Interesting to note today of uncovered seating at New Tinto Park. Maryhill also have uncovered seating. Is this quite common in the junior game ? I think I'd rather have a covered roof for standing in as opposed to seats in pissing rain  ? 
I don't think Maryhill's seating is in use, if it's not actually derelict then it's certainly not somewhere you'd want to sit. They've got a big, distinctive shed though.

8 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

Is it perhaps time to limit Scottish Cup entry to Licenced clubs, and remove the Junior and Amatuer winners?  There's a clear pathway to enter the Pyramid if you want it.

I think it should be the opposite. I'd like to see licensing used purely for league entry, and for the Scottish Cup to be open to all clubs above a certain level (with a route in for a handful of other clubs).

23 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

The seats were a left over from the Commonwealth games take it they didn't have the funds to add a roof to it.

Can't think of any other examples, so probably quite unusual. Maybe Kilbowie was what made having seating with no cover seem normal in that part of the world?

Today's scoreline should be a morale boost for your club because the amateur cup champions are usually alleged to be quite strong. Suspect there may be some SFA officeholders questioning if their entry is worth the hassle over registered grounds, because they have yet to make much of an impact on the early rounds.

4 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Lochee is a different case than Cumnock & Petershill anyway. Lochee aren't able to join the EoSFL. They can't join the HFL without being licensed either. I suppose the SFA could set as a demand that they apply to join the HFL in order to receive their license, but that's about the only thing they can do currently to any Tayside applicants. Either that or the SFA put the application on hold until there is an agreement for the East (Tayside) juniors to join the pyramid in some way.