William Hill Scottish Cup 2019/2020

46 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Shake up in the format sure. Amateur qualifier having to do anything differently, probably not.

There's been times when clubs with home parks have moved their designated venue in the competition. EK v Celtic and Albion Rivers v Celtic being two I'm pretty sure.

Aye ww celtic too I thought they were  looking at getting away from them situations nowadays though  ? 

Basically my point was wi that many clubs getting in at prelim level now they might change the format completely  ?

30 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

It's 50-60 miles along the road maximum and it's a month away. Not like Welfare need to book hotels or charter a plane. 

Now you’ve nae fitba to watch on a Saturday mallow get yourself along to some real grassroots stuff.

I’ll pay you in as a peace offering and I know you’re watching your wasteline but Newky will get you a pie at half time :)

Edited by Rab B Nesbit

Isn't it a case now that clubs cannot switch venues unless of safety/police concerns?  in which case, surely clubs entering the competition should have a ground that is capable of hosting PR2, PR1 and R1 matches, which are exclusively non-league rounds?

56 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

It's 50-60 miles along the road maximum and it's a month away. Not like Welfare need to book hotels or charter a plane. 

Here we go, I can see this being whitehills fault within 2 pages....

6 minutes ago, cookieboy said:

Is the gate split 50/50 after expenses in the Scottish Cup

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/media/5364/scottish-cup-rules-for-2019-20.pdf

33. Division of Receipts and Payment of Expenses

33.1 ...the monies received from all admission charges to a Match in the Preliminary Rounds, Round One and Round Two, shall be divided equally between the Clubs after deduction of 20% from the gross receipts by the Home Club.

There's also up to £600 from the SFA for expenses when travelling over 50 miles.

13 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/media/5364/scottish-cup-rules-for-2019-20.pdf

33. Division of Receipts and Payment of Expenses

33.1 ...the monies received from all admission charges to a Match in the Preliminary Rounds, Round One and Round Two, shall be divided equally between the Clubs after deduction of 20% from the gross receipts by the Home Club.

There's also up to £600 from the SFA for expenses when travelling over 50 miles.

Cheers 

3 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

Isn't it a case now that clubs cannot switch venues unless of safety/police concerns?  in which case, surely clubs entering the competition should have a ground that is capable of hosting PR2, PR1 and R1 matches, which are exclusively non-league rounds?

This only seems to be an issue for the Amateur Cup winners. All the other qualifiers are going to be part of league structures with enough ground criteria to cover the preliminary rounds of the Scottish Cup.

Having a single ground nominated in the middle of July that's capable of covering the 4 dates it might have to cover (PR1 or the replay, PR2 or the replay) would surely limit their options considerably.

Shake up in the format sure. Amateur qualifier having to do anything differently, probably not.
There's been times when clubs with home parks have moved their designated venue in the competition. EK v Celtic and Albion Rivers v Celtic being two I'm pretty sure.
How did they get in the scotch trophy
Screenshot_20190719-174338_Chrome.jpeg

10. Grounds for Matches

10.1 Subject to Competition Rule 10.4, and save for the Semi-Final Matches and the Final Match, a Match shall be played at the Registered Ground of the Home Club.

10.2 If the result of a Match is a draw, and subject to Competition Rule 10.4, a second Match shall be played on the Registered Ground of the Away Club (as determined by how the relevant Cup Draw originally designated such Club).

10.3 The venues and all other arrangements for the Semi-Final Matches and the Final Match shall be determined by the Board.

10.4 A Home Club shall notify the Board in the event that it considers that its Registered Ground is unsuitable, for whatever reason, for the playing of a Match. The Board may, itself, determine that a Home Club’s Registered Ground is unsuitable, for whatever reason, for the playing of a Match. The Board has complete and sole authority to make such a determination either on its own motion or consequentially upon notification from a Club. In making a determination as to suitability of a Registered Ground for the playing of a Match, the Board may have regard to the criteria in Competition Rule 11 but it may also have regard to any other factor(s) it considers relevant. In the event that the Board makes a determination that a Registered Ground is unsuitable for the playing of a Match, then the Match in question shall be played at such alternative Registered Ground as is determined by the Board. In such circumstances the Clubs drawn to play in that Match shall, for all other purposes, retain their respective statuses of Home Club and Away Club as originally drawn.

10.5 IfmorethanoneClubfromthesamecityortownorwiththesameRegisteredGround is drawn to play at home in the same Round and it is deemed, for whatever reason, that their Matches cannot be played on the same day or at the same kick-off time then the Board shall determine when each such Match shall be played and the relevant Clubs will be bound by such determination.

11. Registered Ground Criteria

The Registered Ground of a Club participating in the Competition must:

11.1 beenclosedwithasuitablebarriertokeepspectatorsfromgainingentrytotheground without payment;

11.2 havethefollowingfacilitiesinsidethegroundandcloselyadjacenttotheplayingfield:

11.2.1 separate changing, showering and toilet facilities accommodation for home and visiting teams; and

11.2.2 separate changing, showering and toilet facilities accommodation for Match Officials;

11.3 comply with prevailing Health and Safety regulations, and, where applicable, have relevant certification issued by the local authority;

11.4 have appropriate facilities to provide refreshments for visiting players and Match Officials;

11.5 have adequate car parking provision for players and Match Officials;

11.6 have technical areas each capable of holding up to thirteen persons; and

11.7 have adequate toilet and catering facilities for spectators.

A) as far as the SFA are conserved do qualifies have registered grounds? And if so what is colville’s?

B) if they do have a registered ground then it’s probably unlikely to furfill the criteria listed. Unless they have a registered ground that they only use for Scottish cup games.

C) if they don’t have an appropriate ground then the SFA board decide where the games take place.(this seems to be the protocol put in to stop teams ‘pick their ground’ to cash in.) I believe that the word after bronnyrigg moved to tyncastle that they agreed that clubs shouldn’t benefit from having inappropriate grounds, possibly if such circumstances happen again then somewhere like ainslie park would be chosen instead.

44 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

A) as far as the SFA are conserved do qualifies have registered grounds? And if so what is colville’s?

6.3 says the Amateur FA shall provide the SFA with written confirmation of competing clubs registered ground etc.

2 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

You still reading @Marshmallo :P

He’s still not got back to me about my offer to pay him in either Newky. I was going to add that I’d even let him put some tomato sauce on my pie and he could pretend it’s a red dot :lol:

It's been routine for the Amateur Cup winner to have to use somewhere else: after all a lot of them play on open parks. Harestanes used Kilsyth Rangers in 2015-16, Colivlle used Benburb in 2016-17 and 2017-18, and I forget where Shortlees registered last season (they only played away). It has to be the one venue.

It's been routine for the Amateur Cup winner to have to use somewhere else: after all a lot of them play on open parks. Harestanes used Kilsyth Rangers in 2015-16, Colivlle used Benburb in 2016-17 and 2017-18, and I forget where Shortlees registered last season (they only played away). It has to be the one venue.
I might be imagining this but I think it was Hurlford United's Blair Park.

22 hours ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

He’s still not got back to me about my offer to pay him in either Newky. I was going to add that I’d even let him put some tomato sauce on my pie and he could pretend it’s a red dot :lol:

You’d be better paying for him to have carnal knowledge of a woman.

• 2 weeks later...
On 01/08/2019 at 20:16, newcastle broon said:

Colville v ww confirmed to be played at  KG stadium Blantyre Vics 

Screenshot_20190801-213639_Twitter.jpg

Wtf? Can understand the need for sponsorship and all that but it's Castle Park you are looking for, if you wind up needing further directions from somebody fae Blantir.