William Hill Scottish Cup 2019/2020

17 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

Don't want to write anyone off, but... 😋

Looks like Jeanfield v Linlithgow for a place in the first round.

I'd say Banks O'Dee, Broxburn, Hill of Beath, and Lochee favourites to join them.

Dundonald (and Camelon as well) will have their work cut out against Auchinleck.

Penicuik likely to have either two Midlothian derbies or a trip west against the amateur winners.

I agree the potential Jeanfield vs Linlithgow could go either way. Lochee vs Lothian thistle again potential tie would be a hard one but at home Lochee might just have the edge . Penicuik should be good enough. Dundonald/auchinleck undeniably the tie of the 1st preliminary round.  We should see off Newton Stewart on our day we will be up for it against either Dundonald or Auchinleck

The thing that often goes unnoticed in the Scottish is the nerves of players and clubs making their debuts in it. Many a top junior team struggled in the past due to the ‘weight’ of the big Scottish. New clubs (as most are at this stage this year) will feel the same thing imo

The thing that often goes unnoticed in the Scottish is the nerves of players and clubs making their debuts in it. Many a top junior team struggled in the past due to the ‘weight’ of the big Scottish. New clubs (as most are at this stage this year) will feel the same thing imo

Even for the regulars for teams and players at this stage it’s the only games they’ll get that pierce into the conscience of those that don’t pay attention to non-league.

Some really good ties and potential match-ups in the second round, a few good derbies and some 50-50 games. Camelon v Auchinleck would be a good occasion if it happens. From a Linlithgow perspective I always like a trip somewhere new, but failing that I want winnable ties at home. We know Preston and must be strong favourites in that game, but potentially Jeanfield away... yeah, that's anybody's. Looking forward to all of it.

Some really good ties and potential match-ups in the second round, a few good derbies and some 50-50 games. Camelon v Auchinleck would be a good occasion if it happens. From a Linlithgow perspective I always like a trip somewhere new, but failing that I want winnable ties at home. We know Preston and must be strong favourites in that game, but potentially Jeanfield away... yeah, that's anybody's. Looking forward to all of it.

Jeanfield is a team that you never hear much about on here. Hard to tell if they have strengthened after last season or lost players. Be interesting to see how it goes.

I believe we are a stronger team than we were last season

42 minutes ago, sponsorsladdie said:

Jeanfield is a team that you never hear much about on here. Hard to tell if they have strengthened after last season or lost players. Be interesting to see how it goes.

I believe we are a stronger team than we were last season

Hope so

Jeanfield or Linlithgow, Broxburn, BoD, Hill of Beath, Lochee, Penicuik and Auchinleck will be favourites to progress from those ties.

However the likes of LTHV, Whitehill, Camelon and Dundonald are certainly capable of upsetting that prediction on their day. Unsure what to make of Colville if they've lost players.

16 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Jeanfield or Linlithgow, Broxburn, BoD, Hill of Beath, Lochee, Penicuik and Auchinleck will be favourites to progress from those ties.

However the likes of LTHV, Whitehill, Camelon and Dundonald are certainly capable of upsetting that prediction on their day. Unsure what to make of Colville if they've lost players.

One off cup ties always a possible for a cup shock especially if the underdogs at home

Colville Park arguably have a better cup record than Whitehill in the same time frame. Are they likely to be playing at Benburb again?
Wouldn't be so sure as Rossvale are groundsharing with Benburb this season which complicates matters. Edusport's new place is in the Motherwell area which would be a sensible choice imo.

26 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:
1 hour ago, The Mantis said:
Colville Park arguably have a better cup record than Whitehill in the same time frame. Are they likely to be playing at Benburb again?

Wouldn't be so sure as Rossvale are groundsharing with Benburb this season which complicates matters. Edusport's new place is in the Motherwell area which would be a sensible choice imo.

Surely these should be accounted for before the draw.  Ffs do we no even ken where we're playing at yet ? can see the SFA tightening up wi the Scottish Cup especially now wi aw the licensing crap that's went on. 

51 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Surely these should be accounted for before the draw.  Ffs do we no even ken where we're playing at yet ? can see the SFA tightening up wi the Scottish Cup especially now wi aw the licensing crap that's went on. 

But these teams are qualifiers. not licenced. I'm sure they played at Kilsyth once

10 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

But these teams are qualifiers. not licenced. I'm sure they played at Kilsyth once

That was Harestanes Alan. Think Colville have played every home game at NTP Govan.

38 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

Alan, a home park surely should be 1st priority and registered wi the SFA for any team who's name is in the draw  ? 

I reckon theres gonnae be a shake up wi the whole format in the future 🤔

3 hours ago, GNU_Linux said:
3 hours ago, The Mantis said:

Edusport have no game scheduled in either LL or SoS so Alliance Park would be a sensible place to host the game as it's much closer than Govan.

Edited by Ginaro

29 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Alan, a home park surely should be 1st priority and registered wi the SFA for any team who's name is in the draw  ? 

I reckon theres gonnae be a shake up wi the whole format in the future 🤔

Shake up in the format sure. Amateur qualifier having to do anything differently, probably not.

There's been times when clubs with home parks have moved their designated venue in the competition. EK v Celtic and Albion Rivers v Celtic being two I'm pretty sure.

2 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

It's 50-60 miles along the road maximum and it's a month away. Not like Welfare need to book hotels or charter a plane. 

14 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

It's 50-60 miles along the road maximum and it's a month away. Not like Welfare need to book hotels or charter a plane. 

Naw but if you live 120 miles away from yer teams home park plus getting an away tie ye might be interested in where it's getting played to make necessary arrangements. Do Falkirk fans only live in Falkirk Jeezo 🙄