Predictions that were wrong

ICTChris

2 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

^^^probably doesn't understand what I wrote but no doubt thinks he is being very clever.

You would do well using shorter sentences. I’m not even kidding. The second sentence in the first paragraph in particular is a doozy.

8 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

I do agree that Labour being replaced as a party seems unlikely but you never know. Who’d have predicted Labour and the Tories finishing 3rd and 4th in a UK election?

In the Eu elections? So few people vote that I wouldn't rule out Lord Sutch picking up some seats, even though he's been dead for decades.

3 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Don't really feel a need to dumb things down like that when the thread is inspired by an Adam Curtis documentary.

It’s not dumbing things down to make yourself readable.

14 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

The Labour Party certainly aren’t destroyed but they are on a losing run that takes some beating.

Uk elections
2010 - lost power, 91 seats down and 6% of he vote lost.
2015 - failed to dislodge coalition, lost total of 26 seats, wiped out in Scotland.
2017 - failed to win against a shambolic Tory party with a terrible leader perusing a policy millions of people opposed.

Scottish elections
2008 - lost power by a seat or two
2011 - fail to make any headway, lose further seats
2016 - drop seats and votes again, lose official opposition status to Tories

Welsh assembly
2011 - managed to win a minority government, about as good as it gets in the WA
2016 - lose it

European Parliament
2014 - made gains but still finished second to UKIP
2019 - finish 3rd in a UK election for the first time in I don’t know how long. Secure 13% of vote, lose half their seats.

Referendums
2011 - party was fairly evenly split and didn’t take official position. Most leadership supported AV, the side that lost comprehensively
2014 - Scottish independence referendum, win for Labour but doesn’t seem to have ended well for them.
2016 - Labour leadership and almost entire PLP and affiliated organisations supported Remain.

I do agree that Labour being replaced as a party seems unlikely but you never know. Who’d have predicted Labour and the Tories finishing 3rd and 4th in a UK election?

Let’s see where they finish in the next GE.

5 minutes ago, The OP said:

It’s not dumbing things down to make yourself readable.

On that we will have to disagree, because that isn't a particularly complex sentence structure. Have you ever watched the Power of Nightmares series and do you have any predictions on what is happening in the present day that a future Adam Curtis will be making a documentary about in the 2030s or 2040s?

Edited by LongTimeLurker

19 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

The Labour Party certainly aren’t destroyed but they are on a losing run that takes some beating.

Uk elections
2010 - lost power, 91 seats down and 6% of he vote lost.
2015 - failed to dislodge coalition, lost total of 26 seats, wiped out in Scotland.
2017 - failed to win against a shambolic Tory party with a terrible leader perusing a policy millions of people opposed.

Scottish elections
2008 - lost power by a seat or two
2011 - fail to make any headway, lose further seats
2016 - drop seats and votes again, lose official opposition status to Tories

Welsh assembly
2011 - managed to win a minority government, about as good as it gets in the WA
2016 - lose it

European Parliament
2014 - made gains but still finished second to UKIP
2019 - finish 3rd in a UK election for the first time in I don’t know how long. Secure 13% of vote, lose half their seats.

Referendums
2011 - party was fairly evenly split and didn’t take official position. Most leadership supported AV, the side that lost comprehensively
2014 - Scottish independence referendum, win for Labour but doesn’t seem to have ended well for them.
2016 - Labour leadership and almost entire PLP and affiliated organisations supported Remain.

And did she come to a conclusion?

2 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

On that we will have to disagree, because that isn't a particularly complex sentence structure. Have you ever watched the Power of Nightmares series and do you have any predictions on what is happening in the present day that a future Adam Curtis will be making a documentary about in the 2030s or 2040s?

No however I do consider that sentence length is an issue with your posting style and one you should acknowledge and consider addressing because one takes a long time to reach the end and by that stage the original point has gone by the wayside and generally a good sentence is one in which the reader can recall the original point which came at the start as subsequent points introduced by words like “and” and “but” can muddle matters and cause one to lose ones place.

12 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

In the Eu elections? So few people vote that I wouldn't rule out Lord Sutch picking up some seats, even though he's been dead for decades.

There's a rumour that Lord Buckethead has been taken over by some Yank with the rights to the character, which makes me sad. He would have got my vote in most elections.

12 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

There's a rumour that Lord Buckethead has been taken over by some Yank with the rights to the character, which makes me sad. He would have got my vote in most elections.

Is he any relation to non-Lord Buckethead, the musician? I've thought to look it up in the past, but could never be arsed.

And still can't, apparently  :unsure:

31 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Thought so. Your starting point to find out what was being talked about should have been here:

I was simply remarking that if you were worried about someone failing to understand your posts (as you appeared to be) addressing your style of writing would be a start. Making posts only accessible to someone who watched a specific documentary seems a pretty poor approach too - very waffenthinminty - however I don’t think that was the issue. Miguel Sanchez may have understood you, but that second sentence took some getting round - that was the only point I was making. Now I fear I’ve offended you, when that was not the intention at all.

I've never been wrong about anything ever and as such, my predictions always come true.

We're on course for a colossal economic crash in 2020 which is going to trigger a string of events that will ultimately give way to the end of the world.

Your welcome.

3 minutes ago, BawWatchin said:

I've never been wrong about anything ever and as such, my predictions always come true.

We're on course for a colossal economic crash in 2020 which is going to trigger a string of events that will ultimately give way to the end of the world.

Your welcome.

goody bag? mat? complimentary drink?

America going to war with Iran seems to have been fairly consistently predicted since around 2005 but is yet to come to fruition. Trump starting a war of any kind was widely predicted. Will be interesting to see how that one plays out. 

18 minutes ago, BawWatchin said:

Your welcome.

Won't be the end of the world for Scotland who will be busy preparing for independence by the end of 2020.