Boness Utd jfc : friendly opposition required 20th July

Not being smart but you really need to post your request on the junior forum, not the EOS.  

1.  Any prospective opponent less likely to read

2.  Cause confusion between senior & junior teams, unless that is your motive...………?

1 hour ago, Jambo'ness said:

Not being smart but you really need to post your request on the junior forum, not the EOS.  

2.  Cause confusion between senior & junior teams, unless that is your motive...………?

They posted their aswell 

1 hour ago, Jambo'ness said:

They only allowed to play against junior teams??

21 hours ago, Jambo'ness said:

When we were Junior and due to play Kelty, just turned senior, the SJFA blocked us playing them.

That was political because one team broke ranks. We played a Junior team last pre season  and this. Blackburn played armadale on wednesday

There are loads of friendlies between junior and senior teams this season. I went to Lochee United v Formartine United last week. East Craigie v Heriot Watt and LTHV v Troon were played yesterday, Thornton Hibs v Kelty Hearts on Tuesday and so on. So Bo'ness United JFC won't have an issue if they want to play a senior side.

On 13/07/2019 at 09:45, Jambo'ness said:

Motive?? What a cynical mind! Going by social media and from what we’re hearing, the Juniors have been working hard behind the scenes with the Community Club and Seniors.

2 minutes ago, Sure & Stedfast said:

Motive?? What a cynical mind! Going by social media and from what we’re hearing, the Juniors have been working hard behind the scenes with the Community Club and Seniors.

History has taught me to be cynical.

11 hours ago, Jambo'ness said:

History has taught me to be cynical.

You could be right on this occasion - the next step will be merging and taking over the EoS team.  They are well run and ambitious and with a younger committee offering longevity it would seem the obvious step.

• 1 month later...
9 hours ago, Sure & Stedfast said:

Any change in your cynicism to date? 

What has happened to cause a major change in my thoughts?  I still believe they have ideas beyond their current station and that is their business.  Ultimately, the head honcho is going to want more.  How he goes about it, time will tell.