FA Cup 2019/20

Eednud

1 minute ago, gannonball said:

Im guessing a good few of the kids that started that were the ones that got scudded of Aston Villa? 
A good few look to be of EPL quality already.

Your guess is wrong. The team at Villa was very different. 

Only Chirivella and Elliott started against both Villa and Everton.

Im guessing a good few of the kids that started that were the ones that got scudded of Aston Villa? 
A good few look to be of EPL quality already.
Your guess is wrong. The team at Villa was very different. 
Only Chirivella and Elliott started against both Villa and Everton.
So was the villa game their third choice team? What's going on there?

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

Might be a blessing in disguise for Everton if it wakens Ancelotti up to the vast amount of dross at the club and gives him time to get wheeling and dealing over this month.

That was my thoughts, hes well beyond any of them talent wise so I'd doubt he'll be afraid to punt anyone he thinks is a passenger. 

5 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

So was the villa game their third choice team? What's going on there?

They took a full squad of 23 players to the World Club Cup. The Aston Villa game featured players who were not part of that 23-man squad - ie their youth team. The game today was not their youth team - it was a mix of a handful of youngsters and several fringe first-team players.

Of the team that started today, only Phillips, Chirivella and Minamino (who they hadn't signed yet but who is clearly a first-team player) were not part of their World Club Cup squad.

16 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Might be a blessing in disguise if it wakens Ancelotti up to the vast amount of dross at the club and gives him a chance to implement the get-out clause in his contract he must have insisted on before his reputation is dragged through the mud and tarnished forever

FTFY

10 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

They took a full squad of 23 players to the World Club Cup. The Aston Villa game featured players who were not part of that 23-man squad - ie their youth team. The game today was not their youth team - it was a mix of a handful of youngsters and several fringe first-team players.

Of the team that started today, only Phillips, Chirivella and Minamino (who they hadn't signed yet but who is clearly a first-team player) were not part of their World Club Cup squad.

Phillips was on loan at Stuttgart in December as well.

32 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

IIRC Elliott, Jones and Brewster were part of the WCC squad. Brewster and Elliott were left out due to injury

24 minutes ago, David W said:

Phillips was on loan at Stuttgart in December as well.

He was recalled to provide extra defensive cover when Lovren got injured. Then there's Harry Wilson who is  on loan at Bournemouth.

Including the loanees, Liverpool have got a very good Under 23 squad. They've bought some teenage talent recently too. A very well run club!

West Ham are always good for being the victim of a shock which is keeping me interested, but yeah, it's been an awful game made worse by Steve Sidwell's analysis. 

Edited by accies1874

45 minutes ago, Dele said:

Liverpool buy talented youngsters - well run club. 

Man City and Chelsea do it - horrible clubs hoarding talent. 

Liverpool buy talented Japanese player - excellent scouting network.

Man City and Chelsea buy talented Japanese player - horrible clubs that are only interested in selling more merchandise in Japan.

4 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

That was my thoughts, hes well beyond any of them talent wise so I'd doubt he'll be afraid to punt anyone he thinks is a passenger. 

And there are a lot of them, guys like Walcott clearly don't give a crap, they have absolutely no fight in them.  Wouldn't be surprised to see Walcott being one of those punted.  

I'm sat watching MOTD and Boro's goal was offside - but they don't have VAR at the Riverside. If it was at Tottenham it would (and will be if it happens again) have been chopped off.

We've now stopped having a level playing field.

I'm sat watching MOTD and Boro's goal was offside - but they don't have VAR at the Riverside. If it was at Tottenham it would (and will be if it happens again) have been chopped off.
We haven't "stopped" anything, it's been the same for the past 2 seasons. Something to do with not having a secure uplink to Stockley Park.

12 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:
1 hour ago, Dele said:

We haven't "stopped" anything, it's been the same for the past 2 seasons. Something to do with not having a secure uplink to Stockley Park.

I never knew that, I thought they just never had it in any resultant replays.