FA Cup 2019/20

Eednud

3 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
7 minutes ago, Jim McLean said:
Since it was outside the box VAR would need to think it was a red to intervene.

They said VAR was having a look at it. Bizarre/dodgy we never got a replay.

It was surely out of the box

Someone find a replay

23 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I'd rather see Ian Wright tears than Lampard's tbh. I'll be turning off at FT. f**k seeing that w****r with a big grin on his face.

I hope he’s rubbing it in Ashley Cole’s face at the very least.

5 minutes ago, Steve McQueen said:

Only a red if denying a goalscoring opportunity.

I don’t think it’s difficult to argue that illegally handling the ball while an opposition player is bearing down on you constitutes denying a goal scoring opportunity.

Any time I can remember seeing a foul awarded in that situation it’s been accompanied by a red card.

34 minutes ago, David W said:

That is a dreadful decision. I've no idea why out of all the referees you'd give Taylor a second FA Cup final.

Changing subject slightly, I don't understand the whole rationale for the not giving a new referee the game. I don't particularly agree with the policy of never using the same referee twice anyway. It should go to the best referee over a season and I don't really care if he's never done it or done the last ten. But given that they do give it to someone different every year, I fail to see what benefit there is in not doing that this year. The nonsense that a new referee "won't be able to enjoy it with his family"  is a complete red herring. This year has gone. It's one less opportunity for someone new to do it. It's not coming back to be replayed when there's a crowd. I'm going to bet good money that some referee somewhere who retires having not done an FA Cup Final would rather have done a closed door one than none at all.

Completely lunatic decision.