FA Cup 2019/20

Eednud

5 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Aye i noticed that too.

Tut tut tutThere's not much you can do with it tbf.

You wanting a rap track over the top, or a heavy beat underneath?

A different song 🤣

Arguably a red but I can see why a yellow was given.
It's certainly better for the game.

This could be a classic.
No arguably about it IMO - looked like a goalscoring opportunity to me and double jeopardy only applies if there is a genuine attempt to win the ball. He's a lucky boy. Probably tight about it being good for the game though. Plenty more goals in this.

Barely watched any English football this season but Pepe looks like a bit of a diddy. But one of those diddies that manages to do some good things.

3 minutes ago, smpar said:

Barely watched any English football this season but Pepe looks like a bit of a diddy. But one of those diddies that manages to do some good things.

I saw the first two games he played for Arsenal at the start of the season and thought he looked excellent, fast, strong and good control. He looked like he gone backwards since then Tbh.

26 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

No arguably about it IMO - looked like a goalscoring opportunity to me and double jeopardy only applies if there is a genuine attempt to win the ball. He's a lucky boy. Probably tight about it being good for the game though. Plenty more goals in this.

Yeah this. I appreciate everyone wants to see a good game not spoiled by giving a penalty AND a red card but that's a red card all day long. Rudiger was at least 15 yards way when Azpilacueta started hauling him back. Even by the time he hit the ground he was still 5 yards away. He is never ever getting across to stop the shot.

EDIT - Just heard the BBC say the referee has confirmed that he wasn't red carded because a penalty was given and he's making a "genuine attempt to get the ball" and that a red card would have been given if it had been a free kick outside ! 😲

Which explains that the referee did not completely ignore the rules but doesn't explain how two officials imagined an attempt to play the ball in there somewhere!

Edited by Skyline Drifter

Dan Walker there on the BBC that Arteta asked the fourth official why it wasn't a red card, and he said it would have been if it was outside the box but it wasn't because it was a penalty. If that account is accurate then I'm a bit worried that a random punter here seems to know the laws regarding "double jeopardy" better than a professional match official from England - because there was no way that was a genuine attempt to win the ball...

3 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Dan Walker there on the BBC that Arteta asked the fourth official why it wasn't a red card, and he said it would have been if it was outside the box but it wasn't because it was a penalty. If that account is accurate then I'm a bit worried that a random punter here seems to know the laws regarding "double jeopardy" better than a professional match official from England - because there was no way that was a genuine attempt to win the ball...

Walker actually said Anthony Taylor said it WAS a genuine attempt to win the ball. Which means he knows the rules fine but is having disturbing problems with his vision.

1 minute ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Walker actually said Anthony Taylor said it WAS a genuine attempt to win the ball. Which means he knows the rules fine but is having disturbing problems with his vision.

Think Anthony Taylor is trying to cover his ass. There was no attempt to play the ball at all. Why did VAR not come in? Surely it is an obvious error.

2 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

Think Anthony Taylor is trying to cover his ass. There was no attempt to play the ball at all. Why did VAR not come in? Surely it is an obvious error.

VAR came in and checked the decision to award the penalty. At no point did it check for a possible red card.

I agree he's covering his ass but it would surely be more arguable to claim he thought Rudiger was getting across than that there was any attempt to play the ball there? He'd still be wrong but it'd be more of a judgement call.

Edited by Skyline Drifter