FA Cup 2019/20

Eednud

Wolves v Man United a total non event. Fans short changed frankly by the big clubs who clearly can’t be arsed with the competition. I’d be well pissed off spending £40-£50 to watch two under strength teams playing out a crap 0-0 draw. 

Some pretty poor attendances all round today.

When I was younger I can remember the FA cup being an open and exciting tournament, has England fallen out of love with it due to the lack of finances in it?

Some pretty poor attendances all round today.

When I was younger I can remember the FA cup being an open and exciting tournament, has England fallen out of love with it due to the lack of finances in it?

Yes. Even championship sides resting boys v’s higher league opposition. Mad. Newcastle west ham, probably some others have been up and down the leagues a couple times in last 10-15 years. They probably can’t remember seasons they finished 13th etc. They’d remember a cup forever. Same as the english sides who get to europa and play a b team in the qualifiers, what is the point in your season previous now. West ham got put out by Astra a few years back

22 hours ago, accies1874 said:

Rochdale v Newcastle is a weird choice for TV, although I'm not sure what a decent alternative is.

Lower league at home to Premier League is always likely to be picked. 

10 hours ago, Dele said:

West ham got something like £35m for finishing 10th last year. That doesn't include commercial etc. 

You win about £6m all in for winning the FA Cup. 

It's pretty clear to see why clubs put league first. 

I wonder if Liverpool, given their massive advantage over their rivals in the EPL, will prioritise the FA Cup over the league?  They might as well.

Well done the TV companies and FA. Pick Merseyside derby for a Sunday and yet expect 8,000 Leeds fans to trawl down to London on a Monday night for Arsenal game. Surely, could have switched the two.
f**k them, they're Leeds fans.

I wonder if Liverpool, given their massive advantage over their rivals in the EPL, will prioritise the FA Cup over the league?  They might as well.

Adrian, Williams, Gomez, Phillips, Milner, Chirivella, Lallana, Jones, Elliott, Minamino, Origi.