Tranent Juniors

half wit

Had to go back a bit to find this thread 😂😂. Wee question, heading to the game vs musselburgh on the 4th of September, Is there a clubhouse in foresters Park, or is it a case of have a pint in tranent?? Excuse my ignorance, I'm a raith fan living in wallyford for my sins 😂, but I'm trying to get to a few local games when I can. Cheers. 

Had to go back a bit to find this thread [emoji23][emoji23]. Wee question, heading to the game vs musselburgh on the 4th of September, Is there a clubhouse in foresters Park, or is it a case of have a pint in tranent?? Excuse my ignorance, I'm a raith fan living in wallyford for my sins [emoji23], but I'm trying to get to a few local games when I can. Cheers. 

The Co-op Bowling club is where folk tend to go before the game. If you go there someone will point u in the right direction of the ground. Enjoy [emoji1303]

1 hour ago, BigTlass said:

The Co-op Bowling club is where folk tend to go before the game. If you go there someone will point u in the right direction of the ground. Enjoy emoji1303.png

Think I know the one , up past giancarlos and up round the corner??

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On 11/04/2021 at 15:23, Halfwit8 said:

***New Signing***

Tranent Juniors FC are delighted to announce the signing of 21 year old Matthew Knox, only a few seasons ago he was playing in the SPL for Livingston FC.

Matthew has decided that in life sometimes you need to take two steps back to go three steps forward, hence his decision to reject a few more lucrative deals in both Scotland and England to join us at Foresters Park.

Matthew put pen to paper over the weekend and he commented ‘that he can’t wait to get started and hopefully push the club toward its ambitions for next season’.

The Gaffer said 'Matthew is a huge coup for the club. A special talent with undoubted ability. He’s shown a real willingness to join the club and to reconnect with his passion for football. I’m really looking forward to working with him'.

Lie Forrit

He's taking a hell of a lot of backwards steps.

Take it he's not cut it at Tranent.

3 hours ago, drs said:

He's taking a hell of a lot of backwards steps.

Take it he's not cut it at Tranent.

He's just joined the mighty Mussy where we hope he'll prosper. Only 22. Plenty time yet to find his feet and re-establish himself. 

Edited by Passthebaw

16 hours ago, fanfromafar said:

Just wondering if anyone on here can clear up if there is any truth in the 2x recent Tranent rumours doing the rounds.

1 - Mr MPACT has walked away?

2 - Callum Elliott poised to take the Edinburgh City job?

1- M-Pact are still our main sponsors. 

2- No

On 17/03/2022 at 23:48, fanfromafar said:

Just wondering if anyone on here can clear up if there is any truth in the 2x recent Tranent rumours doing the rounds.

I’d be surprised if Callum Elliott got a job at a higher level, unless that club has money to burn, it’s quite evident that Tranent are where they are  simply down to spending money, and not down to the manager.

im pretty sure any manager would be top of the league if they instructed their board to go out and spend money on the players Tranent have signed. 

2 hours ago, 19052012 said:

I’d be surprised if Callum Elliott got a job at a higher level, unless that club has money to burn, it’s quite evident that Tranent are where they are  simply down to spending money, and not down to the manager.

im pretty sure any manager would be top of the league if they instructed their board to go out and spend money on the players Tranent have signed. 

That's what managers are supposed to do, strengthen their squad when they can, btw we only have 19 of a squad because when someone comes in someone leaves. Lie Forrit

8 hours ago, 19052012 said:

During this season players come and go, I can assure you that the TJ'S are in a plus situation as regards transfer dealings.

Your comment that 'club has money to burn' unfortunately doesn't apply to the TJ's either, I would say its down to good club management.

On 17/03/2022 at 23:48, fanfromafar said:

Haven't heard anything re: the first rumour. Would be surprised if Edinburgh City jumped down two divisions for their next manager though.

2 hours ago, beachboy said:

During this season players come and go, I can assure you that the TJ'S are in a plus situation as regards transfer dealings.

Your comment that 'club has money to burn' unfortunately doesn't apply to the TJ's either, I would say its down to good club management.

Nothing to do with the wages 

12 minutes ago, Slabs said:

Nothing to do with the wages 

Not grasping your point Slabs, the topic earlier relates to players coming in and out during this season?

Am guessing the wages at Tranent are comparable with other teams in our league unless you know better?

• 2 weeks later...