Tranent Juniors

half wit

Halfwit. Looks like your match wasn’t streamed live yesterday and that is not the first time this season. I thought Tranent had a new media team in place from a couple of months ago. 
Given this win gave Tranent a place in the 2nd round draw, I really feel sorry for your support that you are unable to see your team, in view, progressing as they are. Hopefully your supporters are able to watch your team on live streaming come the 2nd round! [emoji106]
Great result yesterday.

[emoji1319][emoji1319]

On 27/12/2020 at 12:44, Casey Jones said:

Halfwit. Looks like your match wasn’t streamed live yesterday and that is not the first time this season. I thought Tranent had a new media team in place from a couple of months ago. 

Given this win gave Tranent a place in the 2nd round draw, I really feel sorry for your support that you are unable to see your team, in view, progressing as they are. Hopefully your supporters are able to watch your team on live streaming come the 2nd round! 👍

Great result yesterday.

East Fife have an excellent streaming service so the game will be available to all Tranent fans though East Fife TV. I imagine it'll be about a tenner (which will be split between the two clubs).

With our record in the Cup against non-league opposition over the past few years, it could be one Tranent fans will definitely not want to miss.

Edited by Gordon EF

Given Tranent are a pretty old club, they might have played East Fife in some defunct competition in the dim and distant past but I'd imagine this'll be the first competitive game between the clubs potentially ever or at least in living memory. I'd guess it's also Tranent's first competitive game against a league/SPFL club for at least a very long time. Can any Tranent historians confirm?

1 hour ago, Gordon EF said:

East Fife have an excellent streaming service so the game will be available to all Tranent fans though East Fife TV. I imagine it'll be about a tenner (which will be split between the two clubs).

With our record in the Cup against non-league opposition over the past few years, it could be one Tranent fans will definitely not want to miss.

I am sure the streaming link will be used aplenty, not only by East Fife and Tranent fans, but also other fans in East of Scotland League.

No slight on East Fife, but most fans at our level will want to see Tranent win! An underdog winning a cup tie is always a plus, but each year, it shows that on the day, football teams at this level can compete with the ‘big teams’ 👍

1 minute ago, Casey Jones said:

I am sure the streaming link will be used aplenty, not only by East Fife and Tranent fans, but also other fans in East of Scotland League.

No slight on East Fife, but most fans at our level will want to see Tranent win! An underdog winning a cup tie is always a plus, but each year, it shows that on the day, football teams at this level can compete with the ‘big teams’ 👍

If any EoS were playing any other L1 team, I'd be wanting to see them win too.

Just from what I've seen, the gaps between the levels have definitely closed a bit over the past few years, certainly in terms of one off games. Over the past few years East Fife have beaten multiple Championship/Premier clubs in the cups and been beaten by multiple non-league clubs (Brora and BSC). Last season was the perfect example where we beat Dundee Utd at Tannadice in the League Cup and were beaten at home to BSC in the Scottish.

I reckon even 10 years ago neither of those results would likely have happened. East Fife went over a century not losing one competitive game to a non-league side and now we've lost two in the space of three years. Bigger clubs will always have the money to buy talent but smaller clubs I think have closed the gap due to fitness, organisation and increased professionalism. I think that applies to the gap between EoS and part time SPFL as much as it does for part time SPFL and full time SPFL.

3 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

Just from what I've seen, the gaps between the levels have definitely closed a bit over the past few years, certainly in terms of one off games. Over the past few years East Fife have beaten multiple Championship/Premier clubs in the cups and been beaten by multiple non-league clubs (Brora and BSC). Last season was the perfect example where we beat Dundee Utd at Tannadice in the League Cup and were beaten at home to BSC in the Scottish.

I reckon even 10 years ago neither of those results would likely have happened. East Fife went over a century not losing one competitive game to a non-league side and now we've lost two in the space of three years. Bigger clubs will always have the money to buy talent but smaller clubs I think have closed the gap due to fitness, organisation and increased professionalism. I think that applies to the gap between EoS and part time SPFL as much as it does for part time SPFL and full time SPFL.

Good honest response. Cheers for that 👍

11 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

Ahem! 
I’ll just leave this here 👇

End of the video as the teams leave the pitch is a good laugh! 😄

Edited by 8MileBU

3 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Ahem! 
I’ll just leave this here 👇

End of the video as the teams leave the pitch is a good laugh! 😄

Queen's Park are total diddies though.

What an atmosphere that looks like though. I'd love some ex-juniors to get into the SPFL just to visit some of these old fashioned ground.

Edited by Gordon EF

1 hour ago, Gordon EF said:

Given Tranent are a pretty old club, they might have played East Fife in some defunct competition in the dim and distant past but I'd imagine this'll be the first competitive game between the clubs potentially ever or at least in living memory. I'd guess it's also Tranent's first competitive game against a league/SPFL club for at least a very long time. Can any Tranent historians confirm?

I'm not a "Tranent historian" - but they played junior from formation in 1911, turning senior in 2018, so it's very probably your first competitive meeting and their first v Scottish League.

4 minutes ago, Casey Jones said:

To be fair, Guy last night on tv (half time) was quite fair and praising of the Dundonald defence / play. 

Aye, only joking. Queen's have had some cracking teams over the years and they're on their way to strolling L2 this season. Thought Dundonald did very well last night.

1 hour ago, BigTlass said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/blackburnunited/status/1344615163983486977/photo/1

Yet the game against Tranent was only cancelled due to a pitch inspection. I find this shocking that the Tranent Players could have been put at risk !

Yes BigTLass , Musselburgh and EOS are being very quiet about this one.

Yes BigTLass , Musselburgh and EOS are being very quiet about this one.

I notice there’s a few people asking questions on Twitter as to why this game would have been allowed to go ahead if it hadn’t been called off due to a ‘frozen pitch’. Surely it should have been cancelled the min they knew about the positive covid test [emoji848]

1 hour ago, BigTlass said:

I notice there’s a few people asking questions on Twitter as to why this game would have been allowed to go ahead if it hadn’t been called off due to a ‘frozen pitch’. Surely it should have been cancelled the min they knew about the positive covid test emoji848.png

Agree 100% with you.

• 3 months later...

***New Signing***

Tranent Juniors FC are delighted to announce the signing of 21 year old Matthew Knox, only a few seasons ago he was playing in the SPL for Livingston FC.

Matthew has decided that in life sometimes you need to take two steps back to go three steps forward, hence his decision to reject a few more lucrative deals in both Scotland and England to join us at Foresters Park.

Matthew put pen to paper over the weekend and he commented ‘that he can’t wait to get started and hopefully push the club toward its ambitions for next season’.

The Gaffer said 'Matthew is a huge coup for the club. A special talent with undoubted ability. He’s shown a real willingness to join the club and to reconnect with his passion for football. I’m really looking forward to working with him'.

Lie Forrit

***New Signing***
Tranent Juniors FC are delighted to announce the signing of 21 year old Matthew Knox, only a few seasons ago he was playing in the SPL for Livingston FC.
Matthew has decided that in life sometimes you need to take two steps back to go three steps forward, hence his decision to reject a few more lucrative deals in both Scotland and England to join us at Foresters Park.
Matthew put pen to paper over the weekend and he commented ‘that he can’t wait to get started and hopefully push the club toward its ambitions for next season’.
The Gaffer said 'Matthew is a huge coup for the club. A special talent with undoubted ability. He’s shown a real willingness to join the club and to reconnect with his passion for football. I’m really looking forward to working with him'.
Lie Forrit

Great signing [emoji1319]

On 11/04/2021 at 15:23, Halfwit8 said:

***New Signing***

Lie Forrit

Fantastic signings.  The squad for season 21/22 looks very strong.