Tranent Juniors

half wit

Not sure why Tranent keeper has allowed the lad to stand on his toes, and not get someone to stand in-front or behind him.(Penicuik first goal). Again culpable for the 3rd goal, but he's partial to that sort of mistake. No disputing he's a very very good keeper but should possibly stick to that rather than trying to play with the ball.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

What happened 

Keep up Alan. Tranent got beat5-1!  That’s what happened!

Granted you probably never hear whole stories of managerial movements but getting rid of Calvin was a strange one!

I didn’t like the situation where he went to Tranent so soon after leaving Musselburgh. But after the initial thoughts passed, it was Calvin’s choice and so I wished him well at our near neighbours as long as Burgh beat Tranent!!

Musselburgh went through a different start at beginning of this season. Here we had a new manager who was struggling at times, particularly away from home, but his saving grace was our home form was amongst best in league. The committee always had faith in Kevin, and look where we are now.

Alex Jack Cup winners and South-East Shield winners and more importantly, up to the dizzy heights of 8th in league!!

Tranent never out of top 3 or 4 and still in a few cups, but less than a year in post Calvin gets the boot!! Strange decision especially as a number of Tranent fans on different forums also seemed surprised!

With this hammering and also the recent cup defeat by Penicuik, the good feel of a new manager hasn’t yet hit the dizzy heights!

Should Tranent have kept Calvin; only time will tell! Are the committee’s ambitions to high; only time will tell. From the start of season, apart from Tranent fans, how many other teams’ fans thought that Tranent would win this league with a chance of Lowland League status next season. Now out of two cups in quick succession, seems to me as if ambition needs to be re-evaluated!

1 minute ago, Casey Jones said:

Granted you probably never hear whole stories of managerial movements but getting rid of Calvin was a strange one!

I didn’t like the situation where he went to Tranent so soon after leaving Musselburgh. But after the initial thoughts passed, it was Calvin’s choice and so I wished him well at our near neighbours as long as Burgh beat Tranent!!

Musselburgh went through a different start at beginning of this season. Here we had a new manager who was struggling at times, particularly away from home, but his saving grace was our home form was amongst best in league. The committee always had faith in Kevin, and look where we are now.

Alex Jack Cup winners and South-East Shield winners and more importantly, up to the dizzy heights of 8th in league!!

Tranent never out of top 3 or 4 and still in a few cups, but less than a year in post Calvin gets the boot!! Strange decision especially as a number of Tranent fans on different forums also seemed surprised!

With this hammering and also the recent cup defeat by Penicuik, the good feel of a new manager hasn’t yet hit the dizzy heights!

Should Tranent have kept Calvin; only time will tell! Are the committee’s ambitions to high; only time will tell. From the start of season, apart from Tranent fans, how many other teams’ fans thought that Tranent would win this league with a chance of Lowland League status next season. Now out of two cups in quick succession, seems to me as if ambition needs to be re-evaluated!

I know they got beat 5-1 I'm asking ynsuch a strange result

7 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

I know they got beat 5-1 I'm asking ynsuch a strange result

How was it such a strange result. Can’t comment on Broxburn or Penicuik as Musselburgh have not played them yet. But we have played every other team in league. In my opinion Haws are the best team in the league - particularly at home. On their day 5-1 is no shock.

36 minutes ago, Casey Jones said:

How was it such a strange result. Can’t comment on Broxburn or Penicuik as Musselburgh have not played them yet. But we have played every other team in league. In my opinion Haws are the best team in the league - particularly at home. On their day 5-1 is no shock.

Dont agree with that tranent were the best but sont know after they sacked their manager.

25 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

Dont agree with that tranent were the best but sont know after they sacked their manager.

Winners of the league will be between Bo’ness or Haws!  (Will see bout Broxburn when we meet). Although Tranent are good, not up with the 1st 2 named. 

30 minutes ago, Casey Jones said:

Winners of the league will be between Bo’ness or Haws!  (Will see bout Broxburn when we meet). Although Tranent are good, not up with the 1st 2 named. 

Wouldnt have said boness were a great side but they are grinding out the results

3 hours ago, Casey Jones said:

Out of 2 cups, and did they appoint the right person as manager? Especially after his last managerial gig.

C’mon The Rose 

2 minutes ago, bravehearts dad said:

Out of 2 cups, and did they appoint the right person as manager? Especially after his last managerial gig.

C’mon The Rose 

Time will tell BD; but for me he shouldn’t have got the chance as Calvin did not get enough support!