Tranent Juniors

half wit

1 hour ago, Halfwit8 said:

Well great result for Tranent yesterday , thought we played well and took our chances in the first half , second half Penicuik came at us but big Stevie's goal relieved the pressure and we managed the game after that. Big Result and hopefully the same result in Tuesday 🤞⚽🇱🇻

Yes, a fair summary.  I thought if we’d got a 3rd it was game on but the penalty knocked the stuffing out of the comeback.

We’ve not won in the league since we beat you before Christmas and the confidence is a little low.

Finally, having been to most grounds this season I have to say that yours is the best grass pitch I’ve seen. How it’s in that good condition in February after all the wet weather is remarkable.  With all the other refurbishment it’s very similar to Blackburn’s plastic version, which I also like.  The lights worked too, mostly. 👍

28 minutes ago, norwichbobby said:

Yes, a fair summary.  I thought if we’d got a 3rd it was game on but the penalty knocked the stuffing out of the comeback.

We’ve not won in the league since we beat you before Christmas and the confidence is a little low.

Finally, having been to most grounds this season I have to say that yours is the best grass pitch I’ve seen. How it’s in that good condition in February after all the wet weather is remarkable.  With all the other refurbishment it’s very similar to Blackburn’s plastic version, which I also like.  The lights worked too, mostly. 👍

Nice praise for another club! Certainly a big transformation in the last couple of seasons at Tranent. Powers at be are to be congratulated. 

Finally, having been to most grounds this season I have to say that yours is the best grass pitch I’ve seen. How it’s in that good condition in February after all the wet weather is remarkable.  With all the other refurbishment it’s very similar to Blackburn’s plastic version, which I also like.  The lights worked too, mostly. [emoji106]

Would have been a nervous finish if you got the 3rd. Could see the game was done after our 5th goal though. Expecting a totally different game on tues. especially with 3 of our midfielders going off injured.

15 hours ago, norwichbobby said:

Got to agree not only the pitch but the whole place hard work pays off well done to everyone involved all the best except Tuesday mon the Cookie 

Got to agree not only the pitch but the whole place hard work pays off well done to everyone involved all the best except Tuesday mon the Cookie 

To be fair the club spend a few quid on the park where others wouldn’t and it’s starting to pay off with the compliments they are getting. Players who are coming to sign are impressed with the whole set up now which is credit to all the guys on the committee. They all put the hard graft in. The money spent on the ground wouldn’t be possible without the money saved by the guys who can turn there hand to anything and everything. If we were paying tradesmen to do the work I doubt half of the ground improvements would have been possible up to now.

Good game for the neutrals, of which there were a few in a decent crowd  and well done to the Belters for getting the lights up. Foresters Park looked quite nice under the glow. Just shows you that THE DEVIL'S ILLUMINATION is the way forward!

IMG_20200218_193147466.thumb.jpg.e256518f8d47a6bba0c1799e20e10305.jpg

Poor performance from us tonight , Penicuik deserved their win , good luck in the next round [emoji460]
Lie Forrit

That’s up there with one of the worst performances of the season for me. A few of the boys need to have a look at themselves after that.

Penicuik were there for the taking but they deserved there win. I feel like we made it easy for them at times with our mistakes but good luck to them in the next round.

Amazing. I remember the pitch from years ago and the improvement is something the club can be proud of. Obviously still hope we can beat you on Saturday. Looking forward to a good game

Actually will be 6 games in 21 days. The park wasn’t the best year’s ago and we would have been lucky to have got the games on.