Tranent Juniors

half wit

10 hours ago, RobM said:

I can't begin to tell you how much of a toss I don't give. 

Tranent have pushed in th right direction before, generally ends in tears.

Ends in tears.....that's a right good statement?

One of the best surfaces in the EOS/Lowland League, floodlights achieved for SFA licence 2020, all contracted management and players paid on time every month without fail. Fantastic disabled viewing area, new toilet block and sponsor hospitality area erected.

Pretty certain that sounds like its no too bad a direction the club are going in RobM? 

On 09/02/2020 at 00:46, RobM said:

Beat like a drum today and a decent manager down?  When do you think the money men will get bored?

On the plus side last time the club got burned down, this time you've scored a set of lights, not bad for a rabble.

Wow! Are you ok, Rob, seriously?

Think we are all for a bit of rivalry but you! You’re on a different level, a real hatred pouring out of you. 

Sorry to disappoint you but I’m loving every minute of helping my team. The fantastic work done at the ground is not done by me or my cash, it’s done by the amazing committee that don’t get the credit for their hard work. 

I couldn’t possibly disrespect Musselburgh and their current committee/volunteers knowing what goes on at any club, but if I were you I wouldn’t be throwing derogatory comments around. 

The past five years has been eventful; a league title, 3 cups won and beaten in a final from Penicuik, that’s not bad for a rabble!!

Here’s to the next 10 years...hopefully by the end of that decade you’ve lost the chip on your shoulder and not been fully eaten up by the mindless bitterness that threatens to consume you. 

Wow! Are you ok, Rob, seriously?
Think we are all for a bit of rivalry but you! You’re on a different level, a real hatred pouring out of you. 

Sorry to disappoint you but I’m loving every minute of helping my team. The fantastic work done at the ground is not done by me or my cash, it’s done by the amazing committee that don’t get the credit for their hard work. 

I couldn’t possibly disrespect Musselburgh and their current committee/volunteers knowing what goes on at any club, but if I were you I wouldn’t be throwing derogatory comments around. 
The past five years has been eventful; a league title, 3 cups won and beaten in a final from Penicuik, that’s not bad for a rabble!!

Here’s to the next 10 years...hopefully by the end of that decade you’ve lost the chip on your shoulder and not been fully eaten up by the mindless bitterness that threatens to consume you. 

If it wasn’t for u matt they wouldn’t have got the £30k grant towards the lights either. Musselburgh committee weren’t pushing for it. Should be thanking the big T

50 minutes ago, Belter1 said:

I think in about 3 years max we will not be in the same league as Musselburgh.

Be careful in that one Belter!

The new Musselburgh committee are in the middle of a three to five year plan!

The first half was all about stabilising the club after it could well have gone out of business. We retained most of players who looked as if they were on the way out. We looked at the debt and drew up a plan for negating this plus at the same time ; look to the future and see how/when we could move forward by the introduction of the floodlights and the ground improvements - some of which is already taking place as we speak.

All of the above is still in force. There was a fans forum only last week where the office bearers told the story of where we have come from; where we are now and where we will be (hopefully come start of the new season). For the minute that will remain within the confounds of those who attended the meeting.

Safe to say, hopefully in 2020-21, we will be in a similar place to that of Haddington and Tranent just now. If we remain in the Premier league in 2020-21; which I hope we do, then we can look at the challenge from the start of year 3 to year 5.

Essentially we had to walk before we could run. Indications are that we are moving in a positive direction - as are Haddingon and Tranent.

Getting back to the person in question amongst this current debacle! We all have to be careful what we say on twitter and on Pie and Bovril, particularly if we are referring to a club which we support!

I have said recently on here and on twitter (as Jos did just now) - its good to banter with clubs and supporters, especially teams as close as ours. But the banter must be able to ebb and flow and finish with no ill regard to others involved.

Both myself and someone else on here not associated with Tranent have made our feelings clear on this 'debacle' but I am not his keeper. Perhaps the guy should reflect on what he says.

Genuinely;

I hope Haddington and Tranent both get their SFA licence at the end of February.

I was disappointed that Calvin got the sack, but I think this even took some Tranent supporters by surprise! But in the end that is a decision up to the committee to make.

I would like to think that both clubs can progress further in the next three years, but just looking at looking at the teams now with licences all with the same ambitions - we are not all going to get there quickly!

I WISH I - could have said that a lot quicker! 

Edited by Casey Jones

13 minutes ago, Belter1 said:

If it wasn’t for u matt they wouldn’t have got the £30k grant towards the lights either. Musselburgh committee weren’t pushing for it. Should be thanking the big T

Again, I am not sure on that one Belter.

Perhaps you are in the committee and know more than me (I am not in the committee). My understanding was that it was a joint delegation/submission from three East Lothian clubs who put in request(s) for Grant funding from East Lothian Council and all three clubs benefited

Please don't start doing a them and us contest now. It wont be good for Tranent or Musselburgh if you do. My thoughts - but again, I am not your keeper.

Glad you are getting the debt sorted at the club as clubs at our level should not be in debt and paying good wages. That’s simple business that. I’m sure if we couldn’t pay the wages for whatever reason we would cut cloth accordingly.

16 minutes ago, Belter1 said:

I’m not on the committee CJ as I’ve said before. I’m in the know with most things regarding Tranent though and it was Tranent who got in touch with Mussy and Haddington in regards to the floodlights and got it pushed ahead.

Okay - my error.

Cheers

11 minutes ago, Belter1 said:

Glad you are getting the debt sorted at the club as clubs at our level should not be in debt and paying good wages. That’s simple business that. I’m sure if we couldn’t pay the wages for whatever reason we would cut cloth accordingly.

All good if Tranent are not in Debt. That is certainly the way Musselburgh wish to do business in future.

I would doubt, however, if all clubs are our level were not in debt!

Tranent are not in debt nor are they flush with money but they have enough to cover the bills for the season. We have no overdraft facility and our treasurer is tighter than a mouses waistcoat so being in debt is not an option for us. Players wages get paid every month and the bills get paid on time. As a supporter I’m happy with that. If the club was in debt I would be very worried.

I’m not 100 per cent but I’m sure I heard that to get your licence you need to have a few years sound financial records so I hope Musselburgh can get things sorted. Think it’s minimum 3 years books required

2 hours ago, Belter1 said:

Tranent are not in debt nor are they flush with money but they have enough to cover the bills for the season. We have no overdraft facility and our treasurer is tighter than a mouses waistcoat so being in debt is not an option for us. Players wages get paid every month and the bills get paid on time. As a supporter I’m happy with that. If the club was in debt I would be very worried.

I’m not 100 per cent but I’m sure I heard that to get your licence you need to have a few years sound financial records so I hope Musselburgh can get things sorted. Think it’s minimum 3 years books required

One of the issues the new office bearers had to face Belter! Not an easy task but it was sink or swim! Luckily we had new office bearers who'very got the badges!

The last 18 months has been a huge challenge for Musselburgh, but thankfully we have a committee and office bearers dealing with each task carefully to get a resolution which suits all!  

6 hours ago, Belter1 said:

Previous year's accounts and previous 3 year's financial information.

Although given Selkirk's were accepted right up until collapsing that's not saying much...

One of the issues the new office bearers had to face Belter! Not an easy task but it was sink or swim! Luckily we had new office bearers who'very got the badges!
The last 18 months has been a huge challenge for Musselburgh, but thankfully we have a committee and office bearers dealing with each task carefully to get a resolution which suits all!  

Fair play to the committee for dealing with it. How many do you have on your committee?

31 minutes ago, Belter1 said:

Fair play to the committee for dealing with it. How many do you have on your committee?

Think it is 9. A good number, particularly when licences bids, if successful, require a number of people on match days involved in the many tasks that need done.

Well great result for Tranent yesterday , thought we played well and took our chances in the first half , second half Penicuik came at us but big Stevie's goal relieved the pressure and we managed the game after that. Big Result and hopefully the same result in Tuesday 🤞⚽🇱🇻