Tranent Juniors

half wit

I think we are as good as anyone in the league on paper but for some reason it’s just not been great the last few weeks and with our top scorer missing this week again I honestly don’t know where the goals are coming from. It’s a shame because Calvin’s recruited well and definitely improved the squad but there is something missing. I honestly thought we would have gave a few skuddings out there this year but it’s not materialised.

Expectation v reality!

I didn't think that the matter was right when Calvin got the manager's job at Tranent - rightly or wrongly! A few dissenting voices raised at Musselburgh at the time. However,  he is a good lad and did well at his time at Musselburgh and the few times I saw Calvin at Olivebank,stopped shook his hand and chatted to him.

My loyalty is to Musselburgh but doesn't now mean I am disappointed for the guy at yesterday's decision.

Tranent as far as I can remember never got into Super League in old Junior set up. Were favourites at start of final season in the old Premier league which Musselburgh won before we moved over to EoS.

First year in EoS conference, main aim for most teams was to get into this year's EoS Premier league and Tranent/Calvin achieved that. Did Tranent also win a cup last season? 

This year Tranent currently in 3rd place with probability of being top 3 side come end of season.

Was there only one target this season for Musselburgh's neighbours? Was that to win the Premier league, win the play off against South of Scotland Champions, to get into the Lowland League for 20-21?

I know clubs need or want to be ambitious.  I know that Tranent, like others are spending a lot on ground improvements but that is where expectation v reality comes in.

I bet there were at least 8 clubs in the Premier league with same ambition and only 1 out of 16 are actuality going to win the Premier league this season and chance to progress to Lowland League.

I think Musselburgh's manager has made a few mistakes this year but last thing I'd want to see is him being sacked. Football is too quick these days in making decisions, in my opinion,  as Tranent did last night.

Edited by Casey Jones

Expectation v reality!
I didn't think that the matter was right when Calvin got the manager's job at Tranent - rightlying or wrongly! A few dissenting voices raised at Musselburgh at the time. However,  he is a good lad and did well at his time at Musselburgh and the few times I saw Calvin at Olivebank,stopped shook his hand and chatted to him.
My loyalty is to Musselburgh but doesn't now mean I am disappointed for the guy at yesterday's decision.
Tranent as far as I can remember never got into Super League in old Junior set up. Were favourites at start of final season in the old Premier league which Musselburgh won before we moved over to EoS.
First year in EoS conference, main aim for most teams was to get into this year's EoS Premier league and Tranent/Calvin achieved that. Did Tranent also win a cup last season? 
This year Tranent currently in 3rd place with probability of being top 3 side come end of season.
Was there only one target this season for Musselburgh's neighbours? Was that to win the Premier league, win the play off against South of Scotland Champions, to get into the Lowland League for 20-21?
I know clubs need or want to be ambitiouso.  I know that Tranent, like others are spending a lot on ground improvements but that is where expectation v reality comes in.
I bet there were at least 8 clubs in the Premier league with same ambition and only 1 out of 16 are actuality going to win the Premier league this season and chance to progress to Super League.
I think Musselburgh's manager has made a few mistakes this year but last thing I'd want to see is him being sacked. Football is too quick these days in making decisions, in my opinion,  as Tranent did last night.

I agree with this last part. I still think at this stage of the season it’s too early to call it, and a lot of teams are going to take points off each other in the run-in. A couple of results here or there can still blow things wide open again and for me, Tranent were never out of it. Binning Calvin seems a bit of a knee-jerk reaction.

It’s a few games to early for me but I do feel the way we were playing we were out of the league. This is maybe the only reason I can think of why they are wanting a change. Calvin has done well at the club though so I think that’s where it’s a bit of a a surprise to some.

2 hours ago, junglehenry said:

Tynecastle had a 20k budget this year...

Whoever told you that is a liar ! I know few off the management team and it’s not even close to that !! They kept 11 players or more from last seasons team. Budget more like 10k

Edited by Buckrogers

Tranent have come so far in a short space of time. I'm not sure JH is the answer after the carnage he caused at Berwick.

Harsh to lay all of the blame for what happened to Berwick at Johnny Harvey’s door.
Club had been going backwards for years and he didn’t get much help from a Board that didn’t help the previous manager either.
Now the last time I looked at the Lowland League table he’s not doing a bad job at Bonnyrigg.
Maybe Johnny might have done a couple of things differently looking back but I’m sure he’ll be a more experienced manager for the benefit of it.
I’m sure he’ll bounce back somewhere and do a good job.

16 minutes ago, Belter1 said:

Until the club appoint someone

A temporary appointment? Does that mean the person who the club want isn’t currently available? What happens if Dave McGlynn is exceptional if he takes over. Genuinely interested as I find a temporary appointment odd at times.