Tranent Juniors

half wit

4 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Good stuff. Are there any plans to get a game under them in the coming weeks?

I just saw it on their fb group but seems like they are trying to. After Saturday they don't have a home game until 1st February, plus if they get them up they could host their Qualifying Cup game v Kinnoull/Penicuik in midweek as they don't have a free Saturday until the end of March.

I just saw it on their fb group but seems like they are trying to. After Saturday they don't have a home game until 1st February, plus if they get them up they could host their Qualifying Cup game v Kinnoull/Penicuik in midweek as they don't have a free Saturday until the end of March.

Aye that’s what I was alluding to. Be good if they can get a competitive game under the lights but wondered if the fixtures would let it be possible before the end of the season.

11 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

Good stuff. Are there any plans to get a game under them in the coming weeks?

Well they can move games back to a 2.30 ko and play the second half under lights like the other clubs with lights, if they want to.

12 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

Aye that’s what I was alluding to. Be good if they can get a competitive game under the lights but wondered if the fixtures would let it be possible before the end of the season.

Wouldn’t be in a huge rush to get a game under the lights at this time of year just for the sake of it.  

Be okay if it was to reduce fixture congestion but run the risk of spoiling a great playing surface if the game coincides with a horrible winters night.

Due to host either Kinnoull or Penicuik in the 3rd round of the Qualifying Cup. Maybe that could be used for the first night game.

Kinnoull v Penicuik isn't due until Jan 18 when most 3rd round fixtures are meant to be completed by.

So it seems a good way to catch up with the rest of the competition.

Edited by FairWeatherFan

Looking forward to another derby on Saturday. Can only commend the committee, supporters and team for the transformation of the ground and facilities over the last 2/3 years. It really is a good venue to visit on a Saturday afternoon. Will be another tough game for Dunbar but hopefully recent results against Tranent will give them a bit of confidence.

Tranent on paper, very strong, and favourites for the game. However, maybe it is the emotion of a local derby, but Dunbar have matched the gulf in quality in recent times. 

Mon the Seasiders! :)

On 07/01/2020 at 15:41, #DUFC said:

Looking forward to another derby on Saturday. Can only commend the committee, supporters and team for the transformation of the ground and facilities over the last 2/3 years. It really is a good venue to visit on a Saturday afternoon. Will be another tough game for Dunbar but hopefully recent results against Tranent will give them a bit of confidence.

Tranent on paper, very strong, and favourites for the game. However, maybe it is the emotion of a local derby, but Dunbar have matched the gulf in quality in recent times. 

Mon the Seasiders! :)

The boys on the committee have done a great job, the place is unrecognisable. 

Always good old fashion type junior games against Dunbar. I can’t remember the last time we beat Dunbar? I certainly wouldn’t say a huge gulf in class, we all know anybody can beat anybody and it isn’t seen as a surprise. Hope you enjoy the game on Saturday. 

hopefully not to much more rain, the pitch has struggled this year and didn’t  look its usual tip top against Camelon considering no game had been played on it for 6/8 weeks. I had heard there is a problem with drainage hopefully this has been resolved!  

17 hours ago, BigTboy said:

The boys on the committee have done a great job, the place is unrecognisable. 

Always good old fashion type junior games against Dunbar. I can’t remember the last time we beat Dunbar? I certainly wouldn’t say a huge gulf in class, we all know anybody can beat anybody and it isn’t seen as a surprise. Hope you enjoy the game on Saturday. 

hopefully not to much more rain, the pitch has struggled this year and didn’t  look its usual tip top against Camelon considering no game had been played on it for 6/8 weeks. I had heard there is a problem with drainage hopefully this has been resolved!  

Forecast looks a bit wild, to say the least. Not looking too promising for tomorrows game. 

Edited by #DUFC