Tranent Juniors

half wit

50 minutes ago, Halfwit8 said:

1-0 , game should have been done by halftime . We really need to start killing off teams , the chances we had today was ridiculous but hey ho a wins a win . 🇱🇻⚽

Aye if it boxing match it wouldve been stopped by half time. A scary last 15 mins for ye though but a deserved 3 points. No a bad crowd up from Tranent on an absolutely horrendous day. Best of luck for rest of season. 

You were the same when you played us could be the difference come the end of the season

Agree. Big steve McDonald will be up there with the top scorers in our league but he could have had plenty more. Credit to him cause he never stops and gets in the right positions.

Someone will get a proper scudding from us when we do put our chances away

We really need to start killing off teams , the chances we had today was ridiculous but hey ho a wins a win . [emoji1145][emoji460]

Someone will get a proper scudding from us when we do put our chances away

This sums up the competitiveness and what’s been so good about our league so far this year. There’s probably six different teams and all of their supporters been saying these exact same things every Saturday for the last three months! [emoji1]

Well deserved 3 points yesterday, first half we were top drawer and should have been out of sight. We weren’t and the last 15 mins were nail biting. Watched the highlights back, Meikle is kidding himself on ffs. I get he’s hanging with the skin of his teeth but a game of 2 halves come on son!! Not even the diehard Whitehill fan could argue we were by far the best team. What I would say is big improvements to the ground in general and a club I hope stays in the league and gets the lights they need to remain license holders. All the best boys. 

• 2 weeks later...

Looking forward to tomorrows game at Keir's Park ( weather permitting ) another new ground for me. Hoping for 3 points but like

every game this season the boys will have to work hard and be disciplined . Skip suspended , Hawkins + Rutherford injured.

Lie Forrit  

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the highlights, didn’t make the game, Penicuik a top team and deserved the win on what I seen! Belter 1 were you there? Was is a true reflection 2 nil? Hard  league something we haven’t experienced before. If we can finish top 4/5 imo it will be a good season. 

Tranent beat Tynecastle last night 4-1 in a closed door friendly , goals from Barrett,McGovern x2 and Cal Donaldson.

Good work out against a good Tynecastle outfit. I can see why they are unbeaten in their league like to get 

the ball down and play , all the best to them for the rest of the season.

Another big game on Sat v Camelon , first home game since the start of Nov so hopefully will mean a big support

to cheer the boys on. Lie Forrit

2 hours ago, half wit said:

Tranent beat Tynecastle last night 4-1 in a closed door friendly , goals from Barrett,McGovern x2 and Cal Donaldson.

Good work out against a good Tynecastle outfit. I can see why they are unbeaten in their league like to get 

the ball down and play , all the best to them for the rest of the season.

Another big game on Sat v Camelon , first home game since the start of Nov so hopefully will mean a big support

to cheer the boys on. Lie Forrit

Hope your match goes ahead - long time without any gate receipts, 50/50 tickets etc! Another top table clash too - both teams hoping to keep up with Bo'ness.

1 hour ago, Belter1 said:

Hope it goes ahead aswell Casey. Winter is hard enough without having to get the work done at the ground required for the licence. Lucky the club has a great commitee behind it to help out with hard times like this.

Good luck with that too! Hopefully like Haddington, Tranent can/will meet the February deadline and thereafter meet the requirements to get the licence.

Fully aware with all the work that Musselburgh Athletic committee are doing that there is a hell of a lot of work required for all clubs in the same position and it needs as many people assisting/volunteering as possible to spread the load.

It will be all worth it in the end!!

It’s something that has to be done in order to progress. We are already at a disadvantage next year with the money Broxburn Linlithgow and Penicuik have earned in the Scottish. The money a good cup run could bring would take Tranent to another level I’m sure. Exciting times ahead.