Tranent Juniors

half wit

17 minutes ago, buloyal said:

🐟 🤔

Tranent are not my favourite team; same for Nitten, due to close proximities and rivalries. But any one on here or twitter who thinks it’s a bit fishy the match is called off needs a word!

Huge match so potential loss in gate money; hospitality etc.

However, more importantly, look at the Tranent Facebook to see main reason why opposing supporters at time appear stupid and thick in ample amounts!!

No way did Tranent want this match postponed.

Tranent are not my favourite team; same for Nitten, due to close proximities and rivalries. But any one on here or twitter who thinks it’s a bit fishy the match is called off needs a word!
Huge match so potential loss in gate money; hospitality etc.
However, more importantly, look at the Tranent Facebook to see main reason why opposing supporters at time appear stupid and thick in ample amounts!!
No way did Tranent want this match postponed.

Tranent would have wanted the game on as were probably favourites to win

1 hour ago, Belter1 said:

I’m shocked the game was called off as our pitch drains really well. Gutted aswell as I fancied our chances

Did you get a look at the pitch this morning though? As I was surprised how wet everywhere was this morning. 

I was down at Meadowmill this morning and if Foresters was anything like that then I’m not surprised it was called off.

Surprised and disappointed our game was off yesterday! Our pitch is one of the best around, and I can’t remember the last time a game has been postponed due to rain! However, after bumping into someone who is on the committee last night it looks like there is real problems with drainage. The recently completed car park works or an issue with a drain at the top entrance have caused the park to be under inches of water recently when heavy rain has fallen. If it’s not sorted, he doesn’t think we will have many games throughout the winter at home. The committee were down at the ground from 7am yesterday morning forking and sanding the pitch. Absolutely gutted, last thing we need is a back log of fixtures because we are having to postpone games.  

1 hour ago, Deanburn Dave said:
1 hour ago, BigTboy said:
Wtf does this actually mean!!! 

Think he is suggesting that a number of Tranent players wanted to go to the Hibs/Celtic game.

Yes some of the boys were going to the game but to suggest that we got the game postponed is laughable , we haven't got a home game till the 28th December so don't think the club would want to lose the revenue from this game . Have a look at the video on our facebook page.

Edited by Halfwit8

3 hours ago, BigTboy said:

Surprised and disappointed our game was off yesterday! Our pitch is one of the best around, and I can’t remember the last time a game has been postponed due to rain! However, after bumping into someone who is on the committee last night it looks like there is real problems with drainage. The recently completed car park works or an issue with a drain at the top entrance have caused the park to be under inches of water recently when heavy rain has fallen. If it’s not sorted, he doesn’t think we will have many games throughout the winter at home. The committee were down at the ground from 7am yesterday morning forking and sanding the pitch. Absolutely gutted, last thing we need is a back log of fixtures because we are having to postpone games.  

Thats gutting. When we were up their for the final in May it was an absolutely cracking park one that we wished we had. Seems to be the way of it every time they do building works it causes flooding even on roads. They are building new houses over the back from me and the main road was absolutely flooded yesterday morning.  Ridiculous. Hope Tranent can get it sorted and not waste a good park

44 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

Thats gutting. When we were up their for the final in May it was an absolutely cracking park one that we wished we had. Seems to be the way of it every time they do building works it causes flooding even on roads. They are building new houses over the back from me and the main road was absolutely flooded yesterday morning.  Ridiculous. Hope Tranent can get it sorted and not waste a good park

Cheers Alan, the park is something all Tranent fans are proud of. Club has a couple of grounds men, John and another bloke. It certainly is gutting, just seen a video on the club Facebook page, Certainly puts the theory of we wanted the game of for boys to go to the Semi final out of the window!!