Tranent Juniors

half wit

Think Musselburgh dominated most of the 2nd half but apart from the penalty only had 2 shots on goal the whole game? Might be wrong. Had one that was just wide.

We create enough to win games and if we took our chances the game could have been out of sight. Great win against tough opponents. Top of the league and winning with not playing as good as we can. Think someone is going to get a good scudding when it all clicks.

20 minutes ago, Belter1 said:

Crowd 400 plus I think. Biggest crowd of the season and a good turnout from Musselburgh aswell

Belter. I am not going to comment on your previous post as I will write up my notes of the match either tonight/in the morning, so you can catch up with my thoughts at that point.

regarding the crowd; someone nearby, said the crowd was around 200. I looked at my phone and there were 4 mins till kick off. Thought it would be a shame if it remained, but I agree with your estimate, so good all round from both sets of supporters! 

Brings me to a gripe! Am repeating myself but not sure if you are on Twitter, and as said before, I am blocked by Tranent Juniors. Also not sure if you are a committee member or like me, just a supporter.

Tranent officials must have known that a good crowd would be at the ground today; due to the local derby - no higher league football being played and the sunny day; so to run out of pies/sausage rolls etc before half time should never have happened.

Apart from fat baskets like me doing without my weekly match day food; a spoilt opportunity by your club from making a few extra bob st the tuck shop!!

Finish on a good note - park looked in great nick today and anyone coming to Foresters park today could not help but notice all the improvements that have taken place! Great work happening at Tranent.

I usually watch Ormiston (hence my username) but with them playing Burntisland away I decided to go to Foresters Park this afternoon. From a completely neutral view it was a great game. I felt as if Tranent should’ve been more than 1-0 up at half time, but ultimately probably deserved the win. Musselburgh were much better in the 2nd half - but I would say the 2nd red card was silly. I was stood by the corner flag, and for me, the Musselburgh penalty was a penalty. I think I’m in the minority out of the crowd today but the ref had a good game, IMO. I’m not sure about the 1st Musselburgh red card but apart from that I’d say he got most things right.

Overall it was a good afternoon out for me.

I’m not on twitter or Facebook Casey. Not a committee member either. I get to hear 90 per cent of things in the club though as I’m friendly with the committee and help out when needed.

100 pies gone before half time. Need to get in there sharper.

Great improvements in the ground and hopefully the toilets will be up and running for next week. The water feeds in from where the car park that’s getting worked on so that’s what has delayed that. I’m sure there will be more work done in and around the ground before the seasons out. The club never stands still just now and is deservedly getting the praise it should.

Firstly great win for the Belters , good first half not so good second half , what a debut by the boy Landers ( looks like we have got a good one there fi Nitten )

took both his goals really well. First point - Penalty , i was too far away to say if it was or not. Second point - 1st sending off , ref got it right the boy had just been

booked then took the decision to go through the back off Nelson right in front of the home dugout and nearside linesman (stupid tackle ). Second sending off

the boy took one for the team. Good win but not great second half AGAIN we need to start playing for 90 mins and not 45 or one day it's going to bite us on the bum.

Lie Forrit

2 hours ago, Halfwit8 said:

Firstly great win for the Belters , good first half not so good second half , what a debut by the boy Landers ( looks like we have got a good one there fi Nitten )

took both his goals really well. First point - Penalty , i was too far away to say if it was or not. Second point - 1st sending off , ref got it right the boy had just been

booked then took the decision to go through the back off Nelson right in front of the home dugout and nearside linesman (stupid tackle ). Second sending off

the boy took one for the team. Good win but not great second half AGAIN we need to start playing for 90 mins and not 45 or one day it's going to bite us on the bum.

Lie Forrit

I’ll take your word for it with the first red card. I didn’t get a clear view of the challenge and thought it was maybe a second yellow for dissent. 

In terms of the Tranent performance I’d say they played just as well in the second  half - Musselburgh just got going so made it a more even second 45 minutes.

7 minutes ago, BigTboy said:

Jamie Devlin away to Bonnyrigg! Massive fan of Jamie’s he’s a good player and his presence will be missed IMO. Be interesting to know if the player wanted to go or was it the managers decision to let him go. 

Was disappointed when he left Kelty so soon after his move. He'll score plenty at Bonnyrigg.

3 minutes ago, leomessi1984 said:

Was disappointed when he left Kelty so soon after his move. He'll score plenty at Bonnyrigg.

I agree with you mate. For whatever reason Kelty just never worked for him. Heard the travelling was an issue! He would have done very well in that team, that’s for sure. Very surprised he’s been sold he was flying last year. This year he’s hardly played. 

9 hours ago, gogsy said:

Berwick fans unhappy about Tranent management, subs, wind, ex Berwick players.:lol:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/428696671241007/

The boys obviously a bad loser , disappointed with Berwick thought they would have been better than they were. Tranent won ugly which IMO

is the signs of a right good team. Crowd wasn't too bad at 303 so that's nearly 800 through the gates in the last two weeks which is decent for

us. Big derby game this Saturday with the visit of Dunbar in the Alex Jack Cup Q/F so should be another good crowd too , Dunny will be no 

pushovers especially with what is at stake so looking forward to it.

Lie Forrit

26 minutes ago, Halfwit8 said:

The boys obviously a bad loser , disappointed with Berwick thought they would have been better than they were. Tranent won ugly which IMO

is the signs of a right good team. Crowd wasn't too bad at 303 so that's nearly 800 through the gates in the last two weeks which is decent for

us. Big derby game this Saturday with the visit of Dunbar in the Alex Jack Cup Q/F so should be another good crowd too , Dunny will be no 

pushovers especially with what is at stake so looking forward to it.

Lie Forrit

It was a actually a funny post from the guy, but he’s clearly taken getting beat to a whole new level. Accusing Tranent players and Management of abusing people and he goes on to abuse two Tranent players. Looking forward to next week, Dunbar been a team we have struggled against over the past few seasons so it won’t be easy. Delighted to see some big players back on the bench yesterday. We have missed young Brads creativity up top, be good to see him get game time next week and hopefully gets him ready for the tough league games coming up. Still unbeaten, heard folk saying we haven’t played the so called big teams yet!! You can only beat what’s in front of you I suppose. 

7 minutes ago, BigTboy said:

It was a actually a funny post from the guy, but he’s clearly taken getting beat to a whole new level. Accusing Tranent players and Management of abusing people and he goes on to abuse two Tranent players. Looking forward to next week, Dunbar been a team we have struggled against over the past few seasons so it won’t be easy. Delighted to see some big players back on the bench yesterday. We have missed young Brads creativity up top, be good to see him get game time next week and hopefully gets him ready for the tough league games coming up. Still unbeaten, heard folk saying we haven’t played the so called big teams yet!! You can only beat what’s in front of you I suppose. 

Well we have beaten 2 Lowland League teams and i would say they are so called big teams.

5 minutes ago, Muzza81 said:

Anyone got the Tranent line up for this one?

Adams(Ingles)

Hawkins                   Donaldson                            Whitson                           Berry

Murphy                                                                     Nelson

Jones                                                                               Hill                                                                                   McDonald

Moffat(McGovern)

Barrett

Rutherford

McKenzie

GS McDonald (Pen) Jones