Tranent Juniors

half wit

Hopefully Grants going to help us out for a couple of weeks before he goes on his travels. BTW the boy is class [emoji106]

He’s quality. Thought we would have missed Ben a lot today but grant is similar in how direct he is and his energy.

You are bang on Halfwit his energy and drive is up there with the best I’ve seen at this level. The way he plays the game you can tell he’s probably played or at least been coached at a high level. What about his run in the second half.. The laddie Murphy is something else too, how he never featured much at Berwick last year is beyond me. 

Skips been quality. Lost count the amount of tackles he won today. Good on the ball aswell. Rarely gives it away.

1 hour ago, Belter1 said:

Skips been quality. Lost count the amount of tackles he won today. Good on the ball aswell. Rarely gives it away.

Two years ago Skip joined Musselburgh. Left after 1 season to go to Berwick. Never worked so their loss is your fortune.

In last 10 years, never seen a better player in Junior football than Skip!

Two years ago Skip joined Musselburgh. Left after 1 season to go to Berwick. Never worked so their loss is your fortune.
In last 10 years, never seen a better player in Junior football than Skip!

That’s a bold statement. Your confident when he’s in the team. He’s 100 per cent every week and must be an absolute nightmare to play against.

14 hours ago, BigTboy said:

You are bang on Halfwit his energy and drive is up there with the best I’ve seen at this level. The way he plays the game you can tell he’s probably played or at least been coached at a high level. What about his run in the second half.. The laddie Murphy is something else too, how he never featured much at Berwick last year is beyond me. 

I saw the lad Murphy playing a few times at Berwick last year and struggled. Perhaps more to do with the performance of his team mates but he should do well at this level

Edited by tikataka
Add

I saw the lad Murphy playing a few times at Berwick last year and struggled. Perhaps more to do with the performance of his team mates but he should do well at this level

Could well be. Just happy we have him. Hopefully plays well against berwick when we play them in the cup

4 hours ago, Belter1 said:

Could well be. Just happy we have him. Hopefully plays well against berwick when we play them in the cup

Looking forward to it in 3 weeks: we've finally come into a bit of form beating Spartans and Newtongrange.

Having seen you v Whitehill my expectation is a tough tie but feel more hopeful.

Looking forward to it in 3 weeks: we've finally come into a bit of form beating Spartans and Newtongrange.

Having seen you v Whitehill my expectation is a tough tie but feel more hopeful.

My personal opinion only having 4 games pre season wasn’t enough for all the team to gel. I don’t think we have got going until the gala and sauchie games if I’m being honest. Feel like we have stepped it up a bit.

17 minutes ago, Belter1 said:

My personal opinion only having 4 games pre season wasn’t enough for all the team to gel. I don’t think we have got going until the gala and sauchie games if I’m being honest. Feel like we have stepped it up a bit.

Completely agree, looking at Whitehill’s results it’s definitely 2 points dropped. Always the same with Dalkeith teams (half there team is EX Dalkeith) come to Tranent put a performance on then get skelped the next 4/5 games. 10 goals scored in the past 2 games and one against, stupid tackle by Lewis yesterday to give away the pen for Sauchie. 

Not sure if Calvin has changed the formation slightly looks more of a 4-2-3-1 IMO. It looks solid and creating plenty of chances. Looking forward to the Berwick game, I think we will have to much for them.  

Completely agree, looking at Whitehill’s results it’s definitely 2 points dropped. Always the same with Dalkeith teams (half there team is EX Dalkeith) come to Tranent put a performance on then get skelped the next 4/5 games. 10 goals scored in the past 2 games and one against, stupid tackle by Lewis yesterday to give away the pen for Sauchie. 
Not sure if Calvin has changed the formation slightly looks more of a 4-2-3-1 IMO. It looks solid and creating plenty of chances. Looking forward to the Berwick game, I think we will have to much for them.  

If we turn up we’re a match for anyone in our league and the lowland league

• 2 weeks later...
50 minutes ago, Halfwit8 said:

Big game this weekend as Musselburgh make the short trip east to Foresters Park for the first Derby of the season , should be tasty . 14-30 ko

Hope I don't face the wrath of BigTboy by responding here!!

After getting beat by Preston and Crossgates in the previous two weeks, while I always think Musselburgh will win every match, in the back of my mind, I wasn't relishing the prospect of Saturday's match.

However, having competed well and winning on Saturday against Bo'ness, I think the Musselburgh guys are now in better shape for the Derby.  Will be interesting to see how many of ex-Musselburgh players start on Saturday for Tranent. 

Will also be good to see, at first hand, the improvements that Tranent has made to their ground in the last few months.

Big game for both teams to be fair. Tranent want to keep the unbeaten run going. If Musselburgh win they will feel like there getting there season started. Let’s hope for an entertaining game and a big crowd with it being international week.

7 hours ago, Casey Jones said:

Hope I don't face the wrath of BigTboy by responding here!!

After getting beat by Preston and Crossgates in the previous two weeks, while I always think Musselburgh will win every match, in the back of my mind, I wasn't relishing the prospect of Saturday's match.

However, having competed well and winning on Saturday against Bo'ness, I think the Musselburgh guys are now in better shape for the Derby.  Will be interesting to see how many of ex-Musselburgh players start on Saturday for Tranent. 

Will also be good to see, at first hand, the improvements that Tranent has made to their ground in the last few months.

Steady CJ. I alluded to chat at our game on Saturday, some of the Tranent committee, Management must have been at a mussy game recently! It was people associated with your club made light of the fact that you had opened a social media account to interact with Tranent (common knowledge at your club)!! I’m not on social media so I didn’t see any comments, if you say it’s not true then who am I to disagree, only you’ll know the truth. 

The game on Saturday will be a tough game for us. I go into every game thinking we will win, I think we will win on Saturday however I thought we would win the league when mussy were in the premier and we were well and truly put in our place both games. So I expect a hard game, you guys seem to be getting your players back from injury and we are still thin on players IMO, however that won’t be an excuse if we get turned over on Saturday. Massive result on Saturday for mussy against a team who I expect whoever finishes above them this year wins the league! Catch you for a pie and bovril Saturday, my shout! We are lovely people in Tranent just passionate about our team like all fans at this level of football.  

57 minutes ago, BigTboy said:

Steady CJ. I alluded to chat at our game on Saturday, some of the Tranent committee, Management must have been at a mussy game recently! It was people associated with your club made light of the fact that you had opened a social media account to interact with Tranent (common knowledge at your club)!! I’m not on social media so I didn’t see any comments, if you say it’s not true then who am I to disagree, only you’ll know the truth. 

The game on Saturday will be a tough game for us. I go into every game thinking we will win, I think we will win on Saturday however I thought we would win the league when mussy were in the premier and we were well and truly put in our place both games. So I expect a hard game, you guys seem to be getting your players back from injury and we are still thin on players IMO, however that won’t be an excuse if we get turned over on Saturday. Massive result on Saturday for mussy against a team who I expect whoever finishes above them this year wins the league! Catch you for a pie and bovril Saturday, my shout! We are lovely people in Tranent just passionate about our team like all fans at this level of football.  

Hello BigT - To be truthful; you coming onto the Bo'ness site all guns blazing earlier and followed up beachboy kind of un-nerved me.

It would be good to know who the people were at my club as I have never opened any account to interact or speak to people at Tranent.

Look back on Pie and Bovril - maybe Tranent page or the Premier league page. I  have spoken with Belter a few times,and i think with Halfwit also - mainly if i remember when we were both in the old Premier league side for the Juniors - or the previous year when Tranent won the two cups.

I know the occasion you are talking about; (Either Sauchie or Peebles?) . I stopped, shook hands and spoke to Calvin for a few minutes (think the boy from one of your big sponsors was standing beside Calv). I got/get on well with Calv and it shouldn't be any different now. I am passionate about my team, always have been always will be - got into a wee tussle on Saturday with DD of Bo'ness and also with Belter a couple of months back.  Both 'discussions' ended - I think well or just came to a natural conclusion. No doubt after Saturday's match the same thing may happen; (or not - if all I do is pee people off?) as long as the posts / tweets are about genuine feelings of the match. absolutely no harm in that.

Interested to know BigT  (when you had your chat last Saturday)  if any of your committee suggested I have done something out of order or said things that I shouldn't have as I don't think I have. I give as good as I get and vice verse - sometime I win the conversation - sometimes I lose.

I'd be happy to have a to chat with you on Saturday. Only thing is - you would need to catch me as I haven't got a clue who you are. 

Genuinely am looking forward to the match on Saturday. We played you in a bounce match last season, in the 3G pitch,( in wet conditions) behind your ground. Was a tough match for us that night. No reason to doubt this will be any different.  I am lovely too - maybe my directness on these forums suggest otherwise?

Cheers for the chat!

Anybody seen the new signing Kyle Landers from Nitten? Can’t say I remember him from our game earlier in the season! 

Expecting a hard game tomorrow, mussy will have got a big lift from last weeks result against Bo’ness, think even CJ expected an away win! Do we have Ben, Barrett or Rutherford back yet? Big players and certain starters if fit. 

Don’t know much about Kyle to be fair. Physical after busting Donaldsons head and breaking Hawkins nose in the same game.

Rutherford might be available. Think Ben, Barrett and hill are not available. No easy games in the league but having watched Musselburgh 3 times this year I would say we are favourites and I expect to win but I also expected Bo’ness to beat them last week.

1 hour ago, Belter1 said:

Don’t know much about Kyle to be fair. Physical after busting Donaldsons head and breaking Hawkins nose in the same game.

Rutherford might be available. Think Ben, Barrett and hill are not available. No easy games in the league but having watched Musselburgh 3 times this year I would say we are favourites and I expect to win but I also expected Bo’ness to beat them last week.

I remember him now. He’ll be perfect for when we play BU! Nice and physical. 

Delighted if Rutherford is back, we have missed his runs down the left. 

Great 3 points today. Think the mussy fans will be disappointed they never got a point! First half we dominated and probably should have went in half time more than 1-0 up. Second half mussy dominated the ball, we always looked dangerous on the counter. They got the pen and we then started to play again. Mussy down to 10 (harsh decision) but gave the ref a call to make. The second red was a shocker when Devlin was going to score, and looked like he should have had a pen just before from a poor tackle from the same player. Delighted with the win, the second half blues seems to be an issue but this team keeps grinding results  

Great crowd well over 400 I’d imagine and on that performance mussy in a false league position. Nice to see many old faces.