Tranent Juniors

half wit

7 minutes ago, Casey Jones said:

Sorry to read this news of the injury to Ben. Doesn’t sound good news, but hope Ben was a speedy recovery!

Nice touch from a mussy fan 👍. No intention from the young Hibs player IMO just a poor tackle, two committed players. He’s off to hospital I would imagine so fingers crossed. Cheers 

It was a 50/50 and both were committed. Definitely no malice in it and the centre half came to see Ben which was a nice touch. I’m sure he took a hit in the tackle aswell. Hopefully Bens not as bad as it looks and hopefully young brad is ok for Saturday. Both are big players for us

58 minutes ago, half wit said:

Ben leg is not broken his leg but has ligament damage so will be out for at least 3 weeks , probably longer.

Good workout last night IMO.

Good news (if you can say that) for Ben.

Thought ligament damage can be sometimes worse than a break? However if the timeline is 3 weeks +; then hopefully damage is not too severe.

See the Clubs Twitter page has announced we have planning permission to install floodlights. Be interesting to see if that can be achieved financially, I know all the ducts and cabling was done throughout the summer. Hats of the club, what they have achieved at Foresters in the last few years is scary. The lights and then hopefully SFA license would be a fitting reward for all the hard work.   

Going to be a big ask to get the floodlights to be installed for next season but I don’t think we will be far away. Hopefully within 2 years is realistic but I wouldn’t be surprised if it was installed for next season. We must have one of the hardest working committee about when you look at the work that’s been done.

16 minutes ago, Belter1 said:

Going to be a big ask to get the floodlights to be installed for next season but I don’t think we will be far away. Hopefully within 2 years is realistic but I wouldn’t be surprised if it was installed for next season. We must have one of the hardest working committee about when you look at the work that’s been done.

They deserve every bit of success they’ve had and I hope they manage to achieve the necessary funding to get the lights for next season 

Good luck

Floodlights Update 

The Club are delighted to confirm we have now received planning permission to install floodlights at Foresters. 

The Club will do everything it can to make sure we have lights installed before the end of this season and hopefully then be in a position to re-apply for our full SFA license. 

Special thanks to our appointed Architect, Chris Matson, who done extremely well in a short space of time. 

Tranent Juniors Committee

1 hour ago, Belter1 said:

I agree 100%. 

I spoke to the Chairman Davy last week down the street, he mentioned the club doing a masterplan for further developments which included a hospitality suite down the bottom corner and a new all seater stand. It’s exciting when you speak to the guys and the passion comes flooding through. One things for sure when they say they are planning to do something it gets done. First things first and the floodlights are key, he did happen to mention there has been a few large anonymous donations from supporters and we have the fundraiser in a few weeks time that should do well.  

I agree 100%. 

I spoke to the Chairman Davy last week down the street, he mentioned the club doing a masterplan for further developments which included a hospitality suite down the bottom corner and a new all seater stand. It’s exciting when you speak to the guys and the passion comes flooding through. One things for sure when they say they are planning to do something it gets done. First things first and the floodlights are key, he did happen to mention there has been a few large anonymous donations from supporters and we have the fundraiser in a few weeks time that should do well.  

There has been some great donations which went towards the work already done and the supporters are expecting to raise some money with the event next week. Hibs playing us in a friendly helps us a lot aswell. Not heard about the seated stand but I’ve spoke to Davy myself about the bar aswell as it would help generate another income for the club.

First thing first though. Let’s get the floodlights in and take it from there.

Great 3 points for the boys today. I thought the scoreline as a true reflection of the game. Big Dean with an absolute screamer 30 yards out and a Scott Moffat top corner. Thought it was Scott’s best game since joining the club, he continues in the kind of form he will be a great asset. I counted 5 first team regulars missing today, huge credit to the manager and his team for recruiting properly and making sure the team isn’t weakened when injuries etc creep in. Special mention to Grant Nelson who came and helped the team out today. He’s a top player, pity he’s going travelling.  

Good result today. Thought we were deserved winners and sauchie never really threatened us up top scoring only from a penalty.

We have been struggling to fill the bench most weeks so it’s been a great start to the season.

28 minutes ago, Belter1 said:

Good result today. Thought we were deserved winners and sauchie never really threatened us up top scoring only from a penalty.

We have been struggling to fill the bench most weeks so it’s been a great start to the season.

How many players do we actually have signed? It’s not like we can go and bring additional players in at this stage. We can’t continue to challenge on all fronts without subs to change games. The positives are last year we went to Crossgates with a depleted squad and we were well and truly beat, the start to the season has been positive and we have a number of key players injured. Does anyone know how long they will be out for? I know Ben and Brad’s injuries but what about Rutherford, Black, Sinky & Mackenzie?  

33 minutes ago, BigTboy said:

How many players do we actually have signed? It’s not like we can go and bring additional players in at this stage. We can’t continue to challenge on all fronts without subs to change games. The positives are last year we went to Crossgates with a depleted squad and we were well and truly beat, the start to the season has been positive and we have a number of key players injured. Does anyone know how long they will be out for? I know Ben and Brad’s injuries but what about Rutherford, Black, Sinky & Mackenzie?  

Ben 6 weeks , Brad 2 weeks , Shaun R 3 weeks , Sinky 2 weeks and Mackenzie is ON Holiday again lol

14 minutes ago, Belter1 said:

Grant nelson helped us out today as a Trialist. He didn’t look out of place. Thought the game changed a bit when he came off.

Hopefully Grants going to help us out for a couple of weeks before he goes on his travels. BTW the boy is class 👍

9 minutes ago, Halfwit8 said:

Hopefully Grants going to help us out for a couple of weeks before he goes on his travels. BTW the boy is class 👍

You are bang on Halfwit his energy and drive is up there with the best I’ve seen at this level. The way he plays the game you can tell he’s probably played or at least been coached at a high level. What about his run in the second half.. The laddie Murphy is something else too, how he never featured much at Berwick last year is beyond me.