Hypernormalisation

D.A.F.C

17 hours ago, tirso said:

A lot of pensioners are sitting on huge nest eggs from property that will filter down.  

Your entire post is nonsense but surely you can see that the property inflation is simply someone further down the chain taking on debt and that prices which rise multiple times faster than wages are due to a government manufactured housing shortage?

Yes but in fairness we don't have people routinely living in slums, dying in their 30s on average or having to fight wars. We have free healthcare as well and a fubctioning welfare state. We have free education for all right through to degree level, most of us own our own homes and we have decent pensions, sick pay and paid holidays (well employees do anyway). We don't have plagues and we have a reasonable amount of equality.
We are living in unprecedented levels of peace and relative wealth. We also have pretty much unfettered freedom.
There has never really been a better time to be alive in this part of the world. 
Some of us even have enough spare time to dig ourselves into a pit of depression and despair through self-indulgent wailing on internet forums, making ridiculous comparisons with the early 1800s.
It's a beautiful night. Some people need to log off and get some fresh air and enjoy life.

Stick to whatever your fictional PhD was in mate this crap psychoanalysis isn’t working out for you.

Adam Curtis is only willing to be highly critical of what British establishment figures were doing at least a decade or so after they are out of power, and even then some angles will be neatly excised.

In Hypernomalisaton he casts doubt on Libyan involvement in Lockerbie and talks up the American angle on that but says nothing about a Libyan winding up in a Scottish jail over it and the whole furore over his release by an SNP government. 

Always an enjoyable watch but you have to bear in mind the BBC is a state broadcaster, so you aren't going to get Slavoj Zizek levels of no holds barred commentary.

Just watched the four horseman doc. The power and influence the banks have over the world is disgusting.
From creating money from nothing to betting on themselves to fail to investing in so called foreign aid that only benefits the rich corporations. They even lobby the government and sponsor the universities to hide the truth that neoclassical economics is detached from reality.

It was less sensational and balanced than the curtis documentaries. Really enjoyed it.

I suppose you could watch this combined with bitter lake and hypernorm to really see what is going on.

As it stands I would say that politics is pretty much done. It's no wonder they go after anyone who threatens the status quo like Corbyn. Not saying hes anything like the answer but whoever speaks out will be labelled a nutter or conspiracy theorist.
Most people dont care or dont want to even begin to comprehend how fucked up it all is.

13 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

Most people dont care or dont want to even begin to comprehend how fucked up it all is.

Easier to to "log off and get some fresh air and enjoy life" than think about millions upon millions suffering and dying because of the current system, or - god forbid - try to do something, however small, about it.

1 hour ago, JamieThomas said:

Easier to to "log off and get some fresh air and enjoy life" than think about millions upon millions suffering and dying because of the current system, or - god forbid - try to do something, however small, about it.

You do realise that those things are not mutually exclusive.  

Pumping out "Tory c***s murdering innocent people through ideology" on a football forum isn't even doing a small bit, you would be as well logging off,getting some fresh air, walking down to your local supermarket and preaching a left wing sermon to the customers.

Just watched the four horseman doc. The power and influence the banks have over the world is disgusting.
From creating money from nothing to betting on themselves to fail to investing in so called foreign aid that only benefits the rich corporations. They even lobby the government and sponsor the universities to hide the truth that neoclassical economics is detached from reality.

It was less sensational and balanced than the curtis documentaries. Really enjoyed it.

I suppose you could watch this combined with bitter lake and hypernorm to really see what is going on.

As it stands I would say that politics is pretty much done. It's no wonder they go after anyone who threatens the status quo like Corbyn. Not saying hes anything like the answer but whoever speaks out will be labelled a nutter or conspiracy theorist.

I despise banks, after banking crisis we should have took the Iceland approach.

We didn't and let them away with it and now they think they have carte blanche to do what they want.

If the man on the street perpetrated similar, he would be looking at 10-20 years in jail.

We have people at the top of these financial institutions who are criminals and been left to run the shop, its bizarre to say the least.

I hate adverts on TV for banks, all trying to kid on to be your pal and drafting in cartoon characters, etc. They are scum and always will be scum.

I cannot believe the apathy in the general public that let banking scum away with it and we are still paying the price.

What about the RBS business unit, as an example of gross misconduct after the crash.

Banking is nothing more than a cartel now, ethically bankrupt and failing consistently the public it should serve.

1 hour ago, strichener said:

You do realise that those things are not mutually exclusive.  

Pumping out "Tory c***s murdering innocent people through ideology" on a football forum isn't even doing a small bit, you would be as well logging off,getting some fresh air, walking down to your local supermarket and preaching a left wing sermon to the customers.

I'll do whatever the f**k I please m8.

greggy.png

1 hour ago, Father Ted said:

I despise banks, after banking crisis we should have took the Iceland approach.

We didn't and let them away with it and now they think they have carte blanche to do what they want.

If the man on the street perpetrated similar, he would be looking at 10-20 years in jail.

We have people at the top of these financial institutions who are criminals and been left to run the shop, its bizarre to say the least.

I hate adverts on TV for banks, all trying to kid on to be your pal and drafting in cartoon characters, etc. They are scum and always will be scum.

I cannot believe the apathy in the general public that let banking scum away with it and we are still paying the price.

What about the RBS business unit, as an example of gross misconduct after the crash.

Banking is nothing more than a cartel now, ethically bankrupt and failing consistently the public it should serve.

That's what I think Brexit is all about, getting back to the glory days of the Eighties and the Noughties with deregulation, slashed taxes, untrammeled theft and f**k the proles. Only way they can get there is playing the race card to the people they want to screw, hopefully they've been too bullish on the gullibility markets.

Edited by welshbairn

11 hours ago, ThatBoyRonaldo said:
On 12/07/2019 at 21:27, D.A.F.C said:
In the example of my local area no we are not doing better. Much worse than I can remember and I’m 40.
Less job prospects, a loss of a local hospital, dozens of large manufacturing skilled factories and employers replaced with low skilled or zero hour service jobs, parks and local amenities get into a state of disrepair, gangs of kids attacking people, beggars on the high street.
This has mostly happened from mid 90s to now. Labour built a few schools on tick money but other than that the town has went backwards significantly. I’m guessing you can say that about almost all of Scotland’s towns.

This is way off topic but assuming you are from Fife what local hospital have you lost? I used to work for NHS Fife and the only one that springs to mind is Forth Park in Kirkcaldy which has been shut for years and was replaced by a much better, more modern wing of the Victoria in Kirkcaldy.

Queen Margaret Dunfermline. We have no A&E within 20 miles.

That's what I think Brexit is all about, getting back to the glory days of the Eighties and the Noughties with deregulation, slashed taxes, untrammeled theft and f**k the proles. Only way they can get there is playing the race card to the people they want to screw, hopefully they've been too bullish on the gullibility markets.

The laws the EU are due to bring in, regards tax avoidance and state pensions, I reckon are a big reason why they want out, f**k the rest(us). As long as they protect the kingdom of greed, they don't care about casualties. 

Don't reckon you are too far from the truth in your assumptions.

Divide and conquer, alive and well since Roman times and the Tories and their pals have turned it into an art form

It’s interesting that the Tories have had this agenda since I can remember about leaving Europe. It must be about saving cash for the rich. Everything else they do is. Real shame that the south of England got suckered into thinking it was an immigration issue. I can’t see any positive effect of brexit other than possible Scottish independence. 

On 13/07/2019 at 11:30, Detournement said:

Your entire post is nonsense but surely you can see that the property inflation is simply someone further down the chain taking on debt and that prices which rise multiple times faster than wages are due to a government manufactured housing shortage?

Where's the thatcher property money going?

I've not once said the system doesn't have issues, I was responding to the original post.  There are many issues and as an increasing amount of working class gain there is another section that are not. 

Where's the thatcher property money going?
I've not once said the system doesn't have issues, I was responding to the original post.  There are many issues and as an increasing amount of working class gain there is another section that are not. 

Or maybe just gaining at a lesser rate?