Another Folded U21 Team Before The Season Starts 19-20

29 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

Surely there is really no requirement for an U21 league now? Once you hit 19/20 you should be heading to play amateur's if your not making the step up to a senior/ex-junior team.

The only U21 league is in the west however there's 80+ U20s teams run by senior clubs so there does seem to be a requirement. Though these are partial-reserve sides as all players are signed to the senior club and some over age players can take part during the season.

14 hours ago, Ginaro said:

The only U21 league is in the west however there's 80+ U20s teams run by senior clubs so there does seem to be a requirement. Though these are partial-reserve sides as all players are signed to the senior club and some over age players can take part during the season.

Thats what I mean, it makes sense if there is a regular pathway to a senior club but stand alone U21 leagues are just irrelevant now. 

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 16/10/2023 at 15:08, Ginaro said:

Back for a new season update - West U21s down to 13 clubs, with 6 WOSFL and an SPFL club.

The U19s league is still on the website but no fixtures, results or league tables shown which is strange.

I think 21's and 19's have become part of the Scottish Amateur set up, rather than SYFA.  I think this is a good decision but will be interesting if it can have an effect on numbers of teams and players in amateur level going forward.

Think they can opt into the Scottish amateur cup as well to get experience v adult teams. I Wonder if you have a team in 19's/21's and also have amateur team can players play for both just like 20's with there senior team???

West 21's have joined the Caley league,

https://www.caledonianleague.co.uk/fg/1_278082253.html

Scottish Premier (Old Fosters central league) has started an U19 league, with 18 teams.

https://scottishpremierafa.leaguerepublic.com/fg/1_910662356.html