Do You Support Scottish Sides in Europe?

Kejan

Do you support Scottish teams in Europe?   

365 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest TheJTS98

St Johnstone, didn't really care either way. I'd probably have liked them to win if given the choice.

Great news for Hearts that neither Hibs nor Aberdeen will be playing group stage football and collecting the associated cash. A couple of seasons' worth of that would give one of those clubs a big advantage for a few years and possibly allow them to spend their way to making that advantage last.

Of course, the flip side is that playing group stage football on a non-OF squad size would make for quite a difficult season.

Edited by TheJTS98

• 7 months later...

Support to an extent in that I will watch on the tele and have an active interest. Champs league is pretty much the same clubs getting to last 16 every season. The other competitions lot of clubs from bigger nations don't treat it with respect and more worried about top 4 position than actually winning a European trophy. 

I enjoy in particular non Glasgow clubs games in the early rounds travelling to some obscure places I learn about and  good to try get a feel for how the Scottish league compares to other nations, also start of the season so at that point more keen to so more games on tv. Celtic and Rangers I will watch and take more interest if there is a couple of players in the Scottish national team. The whole British and Irish flag waving doesn't do them any favours though when they are representing Scotland in Europe and gives a very parochial view to the world watching that makes us all look bad. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 25/08/2021 at 13:24, tarapoa said:

However, if they end up in the group stages, after us trying for eight seasons and potentially failing to get there................then it still would kind of annoy me, but not as much as certain other clubs managing that would have done.

image.jpeg.68afb9aae1dbc451685f2098c5e71305.jpeg

Aye I tend to support the "Scottish" sides, although I also reserve the right to have a giggle if it goes embarrassingly poor. See Niederkorn and pretty much every Celtic campaign for the last decade or so.

Always have and always will support every club in Scotland when it comes to Europe BEFORE any QF, after that its every team but one.

I'm sick of Scottish football being mocked, i dont care what anyone says we have the best league in the entire world, it might not be the richest or most glamorous but at least we aint a damn tourist league with overpayed primadonna's. We have heart, soul and passion.

I wish Hearts nothing but Success next year, having a 3rd team in group stage football will be absolutely amazing and long may it continue, the next step is getting the teams that finish 4th and 5th into group stage football.

Portugal and Netherlands thrive on just 3 teams doing well in Europe, imagine how far up the ranks we can go if Hearts became a consistent feature in group stage football, if Aberdeen and Hibs can get their houses in order there is no reason we cant have 3-5 teams in regular group stage football in Europe every season.

achieve this over the period of the next 5 years and we can attract better players to the league, which can attract better sponsorship deals, then we can hopefully get a better tv deal than the crap sky gives us the now. but it all has to start next season, it's our big chance to finally start growing the scottish football brand.

We should always be fighting for the 8th-10th spot in the coefficient table imo but if you add Hearts, Hibs and Aberdeen in group stage football to that then there is no reason we cant take on Portugal and Netherlands, yes I know its a pipe dream but this our chance to actually have a real go at it.

I want Scottish football to do well, I want it to be respected and I want it to be successful.

Always have and always will support every club in Scotland when it comes to Europe BEFORE any QF, after that its every team but one.
I'm sick of Scottish football being mocked, i dont care what anyone says we have the best league in the entire world, it might not be the richest or most glamorous but at least we aint a damn tourist league with overpayed primadonna's. We have heart, soul and passion.
I wish Hearts nothing but Success next year, having a 3rd team in group stage football will be absolutely amazing and long may it continue, the next step is getting the teams that finish 4th and 5th into group stage football.
Portugal and Netherlands thrive on just 3 teams doing well in Europe, imagine how far up the ranks we can go if Hearts became a consistent feature in group stage football, if Aberdeen and Hibs can get their houses in order there is no reason we cant have 3-5 teams in regular group stage football in Europe every season.
achieve this over the period of the next 5 years and we can attract better players to the league, which can attract better sponsorship deals, then we can hopefully get a better tv deal than the crap sky gives us the now. but it all has to start next season, it's our big chance to finally start growing the scottish football brand.
We should always be fighting for the 8th-10th spot in the coefficient table imo but if you add Hearts, Hibs and Aberdeen in group stage football to that then there is no reason we cant take on Portugal and Netherlands, yes I know its a pipe dream but this our chance to actually have a real go at it.
I want Scottish football to do well, I want it to be respected and I want it to be successful.

I agree once regularly fighting for 8th spot on coefficient then it’s time to move onto the next target I actually think their should be a spfl/ sfa think tank for the coefficient with a strategy to keep it going

2 hours ago, Lionsof67 said:

Birthday caird pish!

1 hour ago, kenrobell said:

I agree once regularly fighting for 8th spot on coefficient then it’s time to move onto the next target I actually think their should be a spfl/ sfa think tank for the coefficient with a strategy to keep it going

Having Hearts and hopefully the 4th and 5th clubs in European Group stage football is vital if we wish to keep the automatic champions league group spot and hopefully one day day grow it and is beneficial in growing the scottish game as a whole. the spfl should do everything it can to help them

On 09/05/2022 at 18:51, Lionsof67 said:

Having Hearts and hopefully the 4th and 5th clubs in European Group stage football is vital if we wish to keep the automatic champions league group spot and hopefully one day day grow it and is beneficial in growing the scottish game as a whole. the spfl should do everything it can to help them

You could not be more wrong.

2 CL spots diminishes the Scottish game.

I'll apply the Andy Murray Principle in reverse

Rangers run to the semi finals has been a great Scottish achievement

If they get turned over by Leipzig that will be an embarrassing humiliation for Northern Ireland

Shove your union jacks up your arse and dry your salty tears Aaron hughes you big Welsh tosspot

Great night for Scotland