Do You Support Scottish Sides in Europe?

Kejan

Do you support Scottish teams in Europe?   

365 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

There is many factors in what makes any club successful,the emphasis of money and how it's used within a clubs means is where we disagree.
Success and winning is part of Celtic's DNA through out it's history with or without the dosh it hasn't changed.
There is a right way and a wrong way like we have seen in the last decade.
Having the right people is more important than having buckets of dosh.

giphy.gif

Celtic fans: "Our success is because of our tradition and heritage and people and specialness, not because of money."

Also Celtic fans: "Rangers only won those titles because of financial doping."

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

4 hours ago, G-MAN said:

When was the last time there was a two horse race with 2 teams from Glasgow. It’s another lazy Scottish Football myth.

This... sevco are as much of a threat to Celtic as Aberdeen are or St Mirren for that matter.. 

2 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

There is many factors in what makes any club successful,the emphasis of money and how it's used within a clubs means is where we disagree.
Success and winning is part of Celtic's DNA through out it's history with or without the dosh it hasn't changed.

Would you stop

5 minutes ago, Bohemian said:

This... sevco are as much of a threat to Celtic as Aberdeen are or St Mirren for that matter.. 

The bookies say otherwise. Rangers finished 11 points ahead of Aberdeen last season, 9 behind Celtic. The idea that they're not the biggest threat to Celtic now is just unsupportable.

ETA Rangers' points total last season was higher than Aberdeen have had in any season, at least since 3 points for a win was introduced in 1994, including allowing for 36 game seasons. 

Edited by GordonS

4 minutes ago, GordonS said:

The bookies say otherwise. Rangers finished 11 points ahead of Aberdeen last season, 9 behind Celtic. The idea that they're not the biggest threat to Celtic now is just unsupportable.

They are not a threat, they might be the team that will get closest but they are not a threat. Bookies?  Helping fools part with their cash.  My point was Aberdeen and St Mirren  have the same chance as sevco, which is none.

Edited by Bohemian

2 minutes ago, Bohemian said:

They are not a threat, they might be the team that will get closest but they are not a threat. Bookies?  Helping fools part with their cash.  My point was Aberdeen and St Mirren  have the same chance as sevco, which is none.

What odds will you offer me on Rangers winning the league? The bookies are offering 500/1 on St Mirren, would you match that for a tenner bet?

Just now, GordonS said:

What odds will you offer me on Rangers winning the league? The bookies are offering 500/1 on St Mirren, would you match that for a tenner bet?

I'm not a bookie, if ya fancy sevco go stick a grand on😉

3 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Image result for ooh gif

3 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Why don't Celtic win in Europe then?  Why did they not win during the 80s when they had no money?  Celtics domination in Scotland is 100% because of money and no other reason.

Yes.

I will favour any Scottish club against any other club in Europe and want to see all the Scottish clubs go as far as possible. I still feel this but to a lesser extent with Rangers and Celtic. I don't overly care about co-efficients and am sceptical as to how much of an impact these actual make or the amount of money coming into the Scottish game from teams in Europe, it is purely a case of national pride on my part.

6 hours ago, GordonS said:

Celtic fans: "Our success is because of our tradition and heritage and people and specialness, not because of money."

Also Celtic fans: "Rangers only won those titles because of financial doping."

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm sure the people at Hearts and Dundee and Dunfermline all had the same idea but if you want to use rangers as an example go ahead. 
Not because of money.

20 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

God, it's even better than I thought.

DNA? Absolutely sensational.  Hats off.

The fact is that we support our club well, whereas Aberdeen and Edinburgh people generally might give their club(s) a bit of support if they make a cup final. Unfortunately, that makes Celtic inordinately successful. If we could all stop supporting our team then the playing field would be more even but I can't see that happening.